It's very important to approach the lessons in different ways according to the students needs. Everyone has their own way of learning things!
I have had an extensive variety of students of all ages and levels and can adapt my lessons to people who want to start from scratch or maybe to improve skills, learn songs they like, some others will prefer to have lessons based on music theory, harmony or technique. Or why not all together!
Please don't hesitate in contacting me so we can discuss in advance about what you would like to learn about in our first lesson! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Learn how to play your favourite songs!
Scales and chords
Technique and exercises
Chord charts and ear training
Time keeping & groove concepts
I’m a professional musician, music producer and instrumentalist based in Hackney with more than 9 years of experience in teaching one-to-one rock, pop and folk guitar and bass guitar lessons.
I also offer jazz, tango and folk Double bass lessons.
Juan Pablo Mauro
142 Mildenhall Road, Hackney, London
Email: (concealed information)
I am a musician originally from Argentina, where I was working as a Session Musician, Music Producer, Sound Engineer and Music Teacher. I have a degree in Musical Production. My ideal position would be to work as a one-to-one or small group Music Teacher where I can use my existing skills and gain new experience.
I am a double bass, bass guitar and guitar teacher with considerable experience in teaching different ages and skill levels from beginners to advanced. Particularly proficient at teaching children and adolescent students. Able to teach a variety of musical styles, including jazz, blues, classical and improvisation, coaching students towards taking examinations and performing live on stage.
January 2017-Present: Freelance musical instrument teacher, London
Bass guitar, double bass, guitar and ukulele teacher
• In-home instrument lessons to students of all ages
• Encouraging students to further skills and reach new levels of proficiency
• Active communication with students and parents about goals and expectations
• Organise weekly schedules for classes at student homes
January 2017-Present: Freelance bass player, London
Bass guitar and double bass payer
• Bass guitar and Double bass player at Lost Revellers, folk music band
• Double bass player at Tango Terra Quartet, weekly social dance Tango Orquestra
• Double bass player and Organizer of Indo Jazz Jam, fortnight Jazz Jam
• Double bass player and Organizer of The Bounce Jazz Jam, weekly Jazz jam
• Function Double bass player at wedding, hotels and corporative events
January 2017-Present: Jamboree Venue, Limehouse, London
• Use of digital and analogue mixing desks for live music performances.
• Live mixing and lighting for bands.
• Knowledge of microphone technique.
• Extensive experience as stage manager.
• Knowledge in all type of effects and inserts for live music as reverberation, equalization, compressors and gates.
November 2012-January 2017: Estudio 39, Mendoza, Argentina
Guitar and Bass teacher
• Arranging and conducting lessons to students aged 7 to adult.
• Organising three showcases per year where students performed what they have learned.
• I was a keyholder, responsible for opening and closing the studios and money handling.
July 2014-Present: El Fuego recording studio
• Extensive experience in recording tracks for bands, music soundtrack for audio-visual projects and publicity jingles.
• Complete knowledge in the process of musical discography projects: recording, mixing and mastering.
• Developed microphone techniques.
Other Musical Work Experience and Education
As a bass guitar player I have more than 20 year experience in many musical genres, mainly in rock, folk, jazz, blues and original music for film. My most recent experiences have been working with several bands as a session bass player. While my primary instrument is double bass, I also play bass guitar, guitar, ukulele, piano and I sing.
• 2018-Present Lost Revellers, folk music band, Recording and producing studio album
• 2018-Present The Bounce Jazz Band. Double bass player
• 2017-Present Tango Terra. Double bass player.
• 2017-Present Indo Jazz Band. Double bass player
• 2013-2016 ‘Bigote’ folk band. Bassist and music producer. Discographic production.
• 2013-2016 ‘El Niño Absoluto’ jazz fussion band. Bassist and music producer. Discographic production.
• 2011-2013: Sound Engineer for ‘Juan Sebastian’ Bar. I was responsible for sound and lighting for all live performances including theatre plays and live bands.
• 2010: Freelance recording studio work with various bands. Including arrangements, music production, sound engineering for audiovisual productions.
• 2009/2010 Conducted and composed the music for a short film entitled “Fu, el retorno” Directed by Alejandrina Groisman.
• 2008: Professor of Music Theory and Music History 3rd, 4th, 5th and 8th year at Carlos Juan Rodríguez School, San Luis, Argentina.
• 2005-2007: Tenor Singer, Youth Chorus of San Luis University conducted by Professor Ricardo Marino. Various concerts in San Luis Province, and tours to Villa Mercedes, Villa de Merlo, Union. Performances at The National Chorus Meeting in La Plata City (Buenos Aires) (2005/2007).
• 2002-2003: Merino Productions: Stage manager and music engineering professional sound.
• 1998: Tenor Singer, Universitario Central College Chorus conducted by Lic. Ricardo Mansilla. Various concerts in Mendoza City.
-Primary: Escuela Carlos Norberto Vergara (Mendoza).
-Secondary: Colegio Universitario Central Gral. José de San Martín. Universidad Nacional de Cuyo (Mendoza).
-Degree in Musical Production, National University of San Luís.
OTHER SKILLS AND TRAINING
-Five year English Language course: College of foreign languages, Faculty of Philosophy, National University of Cuyo.
Perfect! The lessons have been fun and I've learnt a lot. Juan is the best!
Freddie is and amazing student, he's always up to learning more, that makes the lessons super enjoyable and fun to teach!
Perfect! Juan Is very knowledgeable and professional. I like how he can combine some music theory with actual practice one a specific song. He has a lot of patience and is very didactic.
Thanks! Melisa is very good at listening, and she learns super fast!
acoustic guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest bass guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ukulele lessons for all!
Taking double bass lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||£150||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||£300||Not available||£300|