Hi prospect student,
My name is Beatriz and I will be your guide and best support while you are in the amazing learning process that you are about to embark on. The best of luck.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach general Spanish to all ages and levels (A1 to C2), prepare for DELE exams as well as GCSE, AS and A-level. I also teach general French and Italian and prepare students for GCSE and A-level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I studied Educational Psychology at the Autonoma University of Madrid (1993-1998), did a PGCE in Spanish and French at Manchester Metropolitan University (2005-2006) and a Masters in Applied Linguistics at Antonio de Nebrija University (2012-2014).
- How much do you charge?
I charge between £45 and £50/hour but I make a 10% discount if students come to my place (in Dalston Kingsland, zone 2).
- Where do you teach?
I teach in the student' home or office in Central London (The City, Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster) as well as other areas such: Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Camden, Southwark and Lambeth. I also teach at my place and in coffee shops, if it is what the student prefers.
I am willing to travel to zones 1, 2 and 3
- When are you available?
I am available from Monday to Saturday and work from 8 am until 9 pm. Sunday is my day off.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach Spanish to whoever has an interest and is willing to learn the language. I am happy to teach all ages and levels, from toddlers to adults and from beginners to advanced students (A-level and above).
In regards to French and Italian, I also teach all ages but not all levels. French up to GCSE and Italian to A-level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Spanish: DELE (A1 to C2), GCSE, AS, A-level (all exam boards: AQA, EDEXCEL, WJEC, OCR), university entry exams (i.e: MLAT)
Italian: GCSE and A-level
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I tutor online if the student requires it. We can arrange a first free meeting on Skype for me to evaluate the level of the student and understand the main reasons to learn Spanish, French or Italian. In that meeting, we will decide what books and materials we will be using, the focus of the lessons as well as the amount of hours a week/month and when the lessons will take place.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Language learning is a magic door to thousands of possibilities in life. Open that door and you will be amazed with what you will encounter. Being able to understand and make yourself understood in a foreign language is one of the greatest feelings one can experience.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching Spanish at Cervantes Institute in Manchester, Rome, Moscow and London for the past 12 years. I also taught at a British International School and the Chamber of the Deputes in Rome (2010-2012) as well as tutoring hundreds of students all around Europe.
I create my own material, provide with teaching notes and extra activities at the end of each lesson and find the best possible teaching methods for each individual student.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes (dated June 2017)
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained with Cervantes Institute (Manchester), MMU (PGCE Spanish and French) and Antonio de Nebrija University, Madrid (Masters in Applied Linguistics)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
1. I am helping Mae to pass her Spanish A-level. We have been working together for the past 6 months and she has made a massive improvement in terms of writing and speaking. She feels much more confident when it comes to communicating in the target language and does not use English as a vehicular language to discuss things with me, which was one of her bad habits at the start.
2. I have been teaching French to Yulia since November 2015. When she first started her lessons with me, she was not capable of expressing herself in the language despite having had group lessons in secondary school for 5 years. She is now very confident and able to comprehend videos, podcasts, texts and engages in conversation to an intermediate level.
• Degree in Educational Psychology
• PGCE in Spanish and French and Masters in Spanish Applied Linguistics
• 0(concealed information)6
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|