- Hourly rate £20
- Response Time 24h
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Ben - Leek Wootton - Music
- Leek Wootton
- at their home
- at your home
About the lesson
Hi there. Please feel free to browse my personal details, if you would like to ask any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in electronic music composition, production and performance and the technologies association with alternative forms of dance music and other electronic music genres.
I am most fluent with Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Max/MSP/Jitter and the theories and concepts that are associated with these tools. Tutorials can be suited to your requirements or can be guided depending on what you want to learn.
I am also fluent in the following software applications
• NI Komplete, MetaSynth, Cubase, Nuendo & Reaper.
• IRCAM's AudioSculpt, Diphone and Forum Studio software.
• BIAS Peak, SoundHack, Sound Forge, Audacity.
• Final Cut, Modul8, Arkaos and VDMX VJ software.
• A good knowledge of most Audio Unit and VST plug-ins including Waves, Sonalksis, Audio Damage, iZotope RX, PSPaudioware, Ohm Force etc.
• Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I graduated with a degree in Sonic Arts in 2001 and have just completed a PhD in acoustic music composition with a focus on creating multichannel compositions for performance over large diffusion systems. I also gained a Post Graduate Cert. in Higher and Professional Education in 2007
- How much do you charge?
£20 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
I am equally capable of teaching in my home studio or I am happy to travel to you.
- When are you available?
Evenings during the week and on weekends all year.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
My background is in undergraduate and postgraduate level teaching which means I am ideally suited to teach students who are progressing through an undergraduate music technology related programme up to postgrad level masters work. However, I am also able to tutor younger students through the transition from A-Level into undergraduate work which can often be a challenging and rocky progression.
I am also keen to explore the more practical uses of technology that the older student might be more keen to learn.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I am currently teaching up to postgraduate level so I am able to prepare students for all kinds of qualifications from A-level right through university to masters level and beyond.
- All Levels
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching music technology and creative music technology at undergraduate level since 2004 and masters level since 2010, so have a wide range of teaching at a variety of levels.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
No, I do not work with children or vulnerable adults in my university so do not require one.
- 5h: £100
- 10h: £200