Hi there. Please feel free to browse my personal details, if you would like to ask any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in electronic music composition, production and performance and the technologies association with alternative forms of dance music and other electronic music genres.
I am most fluent with Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Max/MSP/Jitter and the theories and concepts that are associated with these tools. Tutorials can be suited to your requirements or can be guided depending on what you want to learn.
I am also fluent in the following software applications
• NI Komplete, MetaSynth, Cubase, Nuendo & Reaper.
• IRCAM's AudioSculpt, Diphone and Forum Studio software.
• BIAS Peak, SoundHack, Sound Forge, Audacity.
• Final Cut, Modul8, Arkaos and VDMX VJ software.
• A good knowledge of most Audio Unit and VST plug-ins including Waves, Sonalksis, Audio Damage, iZotope RX, PSPaudioware, Ohm Force etc.
• Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I graduated with a degree in Sonic Arts in 2001 and have just completed a PhD in acoustic music composition with a focus on creating multichannel compositions for performance over large diffusion systems. I also gained a Post Graduate Cert. in Higher and Professional Education in 2007
- How much do you charge?
£20 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
I am equally capable of teaching in my home studio or I am happy to travel to you.
- When are you available?
Evenings during the week and on weekends all year.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
My background is in undergraduate and postgraduate level teaching which means I am ideally suited to teach students who are progressing through an undergraduate music technology related programme up to postgrad level masters work. However, I am also able to tutor younger students through the transition from A-Level into undergraduate work which can often be a challenging and rocky progression.
I am also keen to explore the more practical uses of technology that the older student might be more keen to learn.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I am currently teaching up to postgraduate level so I am able to prepare students for all kinds of qualifications from A-level right through university to masters level and beyond.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching music technology and creative music technology at undergraduate level since 2004 and masters level since 2010, so have a wide range of teaching at a variety of levels.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
No, I do not work with children or vulnerable adults in my university so do not require one.
• BA Sonic Arts
• Post Graduate Cert. in Higher and Professional Education
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|