I am passionate about helping individuals gain a clearer understand of their creative journey, to reach their potential and help bridge the gap between courses / education to industry. Building a profession portfolio which is unique to your personality & creative journey is vital for:
• UCAS Applications
• Design Recruitment Agencies
• Internships / Protégé programs
•! Industry Job Applications
I offer one to one bespoke tuition for students and graduates of all levels from beginners to advanced from my cosy, creative East London Studio.
I will help you to focus on your goals through defining key strengths & weaknesses, tailoring a plan to your exact needs over a series of studio sessions. Between our sessions you will be set clear briefs to continue working on in order to build your portfolio to the required level, showcasing your individual creative approach and handwriting to its full potential.
I am a Freelance Designer & Creative Consultant with extensive industry experience across all market levels. I have my own label & run regular workshops aswell as having teaching experience at LCF, Instituto Marangoni & CSVPA. My extensive knowledge in the current fashion industry allows me to share expertise with you directly in our tutoring sessions, supporting you to achieve your goals & present yourself & your work to an industry standard.
A dynamic London based Freelance Designer & Creative Consultant with extensive industry experience across all market levels, always open to new and challenging creative opportunities.
(Ongoing project & contractual work for various global clients)
• Experienced across luxury, high street & supply level.
• Fully competent in all areas of the design process from concept creation through to final product, driving newness & maintaining a cohesive vision from director level.
• Strong technical knowledge across multi product categories.
• Wide range of experience working with fabric agents, garment factories & suppliers globally.
• Research, trend direction & formation, providing creative direction & an independent creative vision across multiple categories to inspire & push brand direction for new markets.
• Strong management & influencing skills, working to inspire individuals & drive a centralized cohesive vision across various departments.
• Flexible at working independently or with a team collaboratively to drive optimum results & meet tight schedules. Engaging with teams on all levels to drive a centralized vision, generating newness & commercial opportunities.
• Experienced at working with both in house ateliers & a close network of independent creative freelancers to drive innovation & new quality product.
• 2017 – Present: Boux Avenue – Seasonal Loungewear Consultancy
• 2016 - Present: Lulu Guinness – RTW Clothing Design & Consultancy
• 2015 – Present: Finery London – Womenswear Design & Consultancy
• 2015 – Present: CMT / Beyond Creative – Design & Consultancy across Womenswear, Menswear & Kids, Print, Embroidery & Fabric Teams (Clients include Zara, Arcadia, Cos, Next alongside a number of global brands)
• 2014 - 2016: Anglo Union – Menswear Consultancy
• 2014 - The Fashion Squad Europe – Trend Direction & Design
• 2014 - Z Labels/ Zalando – Womenswear & Menswear Consultancy
• 2014 - 2015: Arcadia – Womenswear Design
• 2014 – Reformation – Womenswear Trend Direction & Design
• 2009–2014: Asos – Womenswear Design
FULL TIME ROLES
• April 2014 – October 2014: Next Ltd – Head of Womenswear NS
• June 2008 - November 2009: Zara – Assistant to Head of Womenswear
• June 2006 – June 2008: Shirin Guild – Head of Womenswear
• 2002 – 2006: Own Label Funded by the Crafts Council / Arts Council
• June 2002 – June 2003: Pollyanna – Buying and Sales
• Ongoing London College of Fashion (Visiting lecturer MA)
• 16-17 Instituto Marangoni (Flexible contract work)
• 10-16 CSVPA - Cambridge (Flexible contract work)
Senior Visiting Tutor / Industrial Practitioner – BA & MA Design
Teaching design & portfolio skills / Overseeing final collections
Both 2nd & final year BA students. MA Fashion / Art and Design
Academic & pastoral tutorials once per term
All assessments & progression matters
• 04–06 MA Royal College of Art – Womenswear
• 05 CLTAD Teacher Training Course
• 99-02 BA Honours Leeds University 1:1-Womenswear
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£50||Not available||Not available|