I would personally select materials, and construct each lesson based on different topics, and different proficiency levels. I will also have students engage with the topics in hand through ice breakers, reading, and writing skills, etc. With my own personal experience as having English as a second language, I would be more understanding with what works best for non-native speakers to learn English more effectively.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any enquiries as I will be more than happy to help, or, offer suggestions as I am also here to learn!
I am a freelance content editor; I help non-native speakers to learn the English language more effectively as my role requires me to select and compile substances based on the UK's English Curriculum, and construct lessons for teachers using the relevant materials collected. So far, I have constructed 90 lessons.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Politics and Conflict Studies from Queen's University, Belfast. I am bilingual in Malay and English - born and raised in South East Asia, but have resided in the UK for the past 3 years; I have also recently lived in France and Portugal.
Thank you for your time!
Cancellations will not be entertained without re-booking another session.
Fee is non-refundable.
Queen’s University Belfast - Undergraduate Honours Degree
2017 - 2020
- Achieved a Bachelor of Arts Degree with an Upper Second Class Honours (67%) in International Politics and Conflict Studies.
Jerudong International School (JIS), Brunei - GCE A-Levels
August 2015 - July 2017
- Completed GCE A-levels in History, Geography, and Economics.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Teetch (Paris, France) - Freelance content editor
January 2021 - present
- My role requires me to select and compile substances based on the UK's English Curriculum, and construct lessons for teachers using the relevant materials collected to help non-native speakers to learn the English language more effectively.
The Equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI) - Intern
January 2020 - April 2020
- Trained under the Communications Department; performed administrative work and events management.
- Authored a research paper in collaboration with the ECNI titled ‘The Engagement of Migrants and Ethnic Minorities in Public Life: A View from the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland’ - achieved first-class grade (80%) from Queen’s University Belfast.
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
Confident with IT skills and social research
- Proficient in working with SPSS, HootSuite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and Google Suite.
Interested in learning about other culture, and languages
- Bilingual: Malay and English.
- Currently learning the Portugese language.
- Obtained a certificate in Introductory Spanish for Business from Queen’s Language Centre.
- Participated in the Erasmus Exchange Programme for a semester in France.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£100||£150|