I usually tailor my teaching method to the student. Before starting, I aim to understand the level at which the student is, and where they would like to be. I like to find out if they have a favourite way of leaning eg. visual, kinaesthetic etc and where they think their weaknesses lie. I can then adapt my approach according to them. I like to tackle each topic from the start, to ensure the basics are understood (this can be done very quickly if the student knows a topic, but I think it's important to lay a good foundation first). From then, i build up the complexity to the necessary level. If someone doesn't understand something, I always endeavour to try and explain it in several different ways until they do. I'm also a strong believer that giving your student confidence in themselves and their capabilities is very important.
I have recently graduated with a Masters in Biochemistry and I'm due to start a second Masters to train to become a Physician's Associate soon. I obtained a high 2:1 in my first degree as well as extensive practical experience. In the past, I have taught at a Summer Science camp, tutored a couple of students for the science GCSEs who went on to pass with A-C when some were predicted to fail. I have also tutored as a volunteer in Fiji in much more basic maths and english. Here, the large language barrier really tested my communication skills however I was able to help bring everyone in the class up to standards, with the whole class passing their annual exams. I have also completed the TeachFirst Insight Programme, learning valuable skills and even teaching my own biology lesson.
Lessons - £12/hour
Travel Fee for in person lessons - £4 if within 10km
Cancellation Policy - I try to be as flexible as possible, lessons can be rearranged for a different time within 14 days of the original lesson for free, as long as I am alerted within 48 hours of the lesson. If I am altered less than 48 hours, a half fee is required.
King’s School Macclesfield
2004 - 2016
10 GSCEs at A*-B (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math’s, English Literature, English Language all at A*)
AS Level: Maths (B)
A Levels: Biology (A*), Geography (A*), Chemistry (A)
University of Bristol – Biochemistry MSci
2016 - 2020
Very high 2:1 with a grade of 69.4%
University of Manchester – Physician Associate MSci
Starting in Jan 2022
SciTech Summer School, Junior Assistant
2011 – 2016
• I helped to teach and inspire children in science and technology subjects, ranging from the human body to Formula 1.
• I successfully instructed groups of children aged 4 to 16, many of whom have successfully gone on to STEM options.
Volunteering in Fiji, Teaching
• I carried out 1-to-1 tuition with students struggling in Math’s, Science and English. My tutees all drastically improved their understanding and confidence and passed their next exams which they were predicted to fail.
TeachFirst Insight Program
• I completed the course run by the renowned TeachFirst. I was able to build upon my communication and lesson planning abilities and learn vital skills to keep lessons adaptable and interesting.
• I had the opportunity to successfully run my own biology lesson, adhering to the syllabus of the exam board.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£12|