I am flexible in my teaching approach, which depends on the age of my student, their learning style and the class size. I can easily adapt my lessons to something that suits you. I can cover core topics or base each lesson on specific aspects that you're struggling with.
I have 2 years experience teaching students in AQA and Edexcel GCSE Biology. I have also tutored students taking 13+ entrance examinations.
As a GCSE student I was part of the peer support scheme, which involved tutoring KS3 students at my school in subjects they were underperforming in. I held tutoring sessions for Biology, Mathematics and Chemistry.
2018: St. Peters College, University of Oxford, BA (hons) Biological Sciences (2:1)
• Exhibitioners Scholarship for achieving 69.5% in preliminary exams
• Degree classification: 2:1 with honours
2013-2015: Loreto Sixth Form College, Manchester
• A levels: Biology (A*), Psychology (A*), Chemistry (A), General Studies (B)
• Achieved 100% UMS in Psychology
• Completed Open University module “Molecules, Medicines and Drugs”
2008-2013: St Damian’s RC Science College, Manchester
• GCSE’s: 7A*s, 3A’s, 1B
• Received the school prize for Religious Education after achieving the highest grade in the year
July 2018: Student helper, Oxford Summer Courses, Oxford
• Responsible for the safety and welfare of a group of 20 students as part of a small team
• Marketing for the summer course on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
April 2017-June 2017: Final Honour School Dissertation, Department of Zoology, Oxford
• 8 week independent research project which aimed to determine the risk propensity of individuals in different professions
• Wrote a 7,000 word report detailing the experiments involved and results
• Became proficient in using SPSS to statistically analyse large volumes of numerical data
April 2017: Plant diversity on an oceanic island field course, Tenerife
• I was trained in the identification of the diverse flora of Tenerife
Jan 2016-Jan 2017: Co-editor for the Young Scientists Journal
• Experience of reviewing a large variety of articles within the Life Sciences area
June 2016: Department of Plant Sciences, University of Oxford
• I aided in the research into the epigenetic programming of micro-sporogenesis using PCR, protein purification and DNA sequencing
• Software: Proficient in MS Office and Excel. Programming and statistical experience in R Studio and SPSS.
• Sport: Member of St. Peters College Rowing Club since 2015, where I was responsible for organising land training sessions and social events.
• Leadership:. Mathematics tutor at St. Damian’s RC Science College, which involved planning lessons and monitoring student’s progress.
• Interests: Member of the Biological Society and Oxford Climate Society, volunteer at Link Ages, currently undertaking French lessons.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|