- 1 to 1 tutoring for a GCSE French student, achieving a grade improvement
- Published professional teaching resources for a GCSE Biology syllabus
- Teaching fellow to post graduate physician associate students - small group teaching, larger lectures, exam question writing, coursework marking
- Teaching of 3rd year medical students from King's College London - small group 'bedside' clinical teaching and feedback
I have a Biology degree with an additional year of Biotechnology studied in France (in French).
I trained as a Physician Associate with Distinction and have been working in acute medicine at a teaching hospital in London for 3.5 years, as well as working as a teaching fellow for post graduate students.
I have most recently successfully applied for graduate entry medicine (personal statement, UKCAT, MMI interview style).
Physician Associate, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (October 2015-June 2019)
• Key responsibilities: Clinical work in both acute medicine and diabetes teams. Clerking and examining patients, ordering and interpreting initial investigations, making referrals to other colleagues within the hospital and community setting, attending ward rounds, preparing relevant paperwork for patient discharges from hospital. Teaching 3rd year medical students from KCL in weekly bedside sessions.
• Key skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills through liaising with patients, relatives and members of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team. Significant experience of telephone communication
- Efficient time management skills and ability to work to a deadline
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent team worker
- Effective clinical teaching and feedback
Teaching Fellow, St George’s, University of London (August 2017-December 2018)
• Key responsibilities: small group problem based learning facilitator, personal tutor to three Physician Associate students, writing and editing teaching material, marking written coursework, lecture delivery
• Key skills:
- Excellent verbal communication for lecturing and leading small group teaching
- Excellent written communication and ability to review others’ written work quickly and accurately
- Ability to complete tasks to a deadline
Teaching resource publication, Zigzag Education (2011)
- Wrote GCSE Biology teaching resources for AQA syllabus which were published by ZigZag Education
Nursing Care Assistant, St Monica Trust, Bristol (bank staff 2012-2013)
• Key responsibilities: Assisted with personal care of elderly residents with severely restricted mobility and dementia, and younger residents during stroke rehabilitation and cancer palliative care. Carried out manual handing techniques for safe care. Maintained accurate daily documentation for all residents.
• Key skills:
- Professional and respectful manner
- Able to adapt communication, e.g. for residents with cognitive or hearing impairments
- Able to complete tasks under pressure
- Able to combine independent task completion and support a wider team
Education and Qualifications
• Successful application for Graduate Entry Medicine (personal statement, UKCAT, MMI)
• PgDip Physician Associate Studies: St George’s, University of London (2013- September 2015)
• BSc Biology (International) Hons: University of Leeds (2009-2013) Classification: 2:I
• Biotechnology: Université Catholique de Lille (2011-2012)
• Redland Green School, North Bristol Post 16 Centre (2007-2009)
A levels: French (A), Biology (B), Philosophy of Religion &Ethics (B)
• The Red Maids’ School (2002-2007) GCSEs: 4 A*s including English, 3 As including Maths and Science, 3 Bs
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£20||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£20||£200|