I offer one-to-one or group lessons to students working towards GCSE and A-level biology. I will follow the syllabus, modules at a time, and set relevant questions to test my pupils' knowledge and understanding of the topics covered. Above all, I try to make my lessons engaging and interesting, in the hope that it generates a real curiosity and enjoyment for Biology!
In 2019, I graduated from Imperial College London with a degree in Biological Sciences (BSc), acheiving a 1st class honours. During my degree, I specialised in Neuroscience, as well as taking a variety of modules including Developmental Biology, Biochemsitry and Plant biology, and a lab placemement studying Genetics.
2019 – present, MMus Music with Psychology, Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester.
2016 – 2019, BSc Biology, Imperial College London - 1st class honours.
2011 - 2013 Durham Johnston Comprehensive School, A-Levels: Maths (A*), Music (A*), Chemistry (A) and Biology (A).
2009 - 2011 Durham High School, GCSEs: 5 A*s and 5 As including Maths (A*) and English (A*).
Previous employment / experience:
Imperial College London – Internship (June-August 2018)
• Independent lab project in genetics; trained in experimental methods including DNA extraction and purification and gel electrophoresis.
Violin tutoring (2017-present)
• Offering technique-based lessons to violin students.
Institute of Genetic Medicine (Newcastle) – placement (September 2016)
• Taught laboratory techniques including aspects of cell culture and DNA extraction.
Durham University Psychology department– placement (Summer 2015):
• Research project in experimental psychology; training in computer programming and data collection.
Maths tutor, Durham High School for girls (2012):
• Provided tuition to special needs students.
• Taught basic arithmetic and presented monthly reviews on the students’ progress.
Viola/violin player – Orchestral playing experience includes: National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain (2015-16), Orchestra North East (2014-2016), and Imperial College Symphony Orchestra (2017-19).
Paediatric volunteering – visiting hospitals as member of the ‘Play team’, to play with children on the wards.
Piano – Achieved the DipABRSM diploma (2010).
Excellent! My daughter is so happy to find Susanna who taught her how to answers to the questions
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|