my methodology is to do a course outline and send each lesson going over a single topic, then at the end of every lesson I will provide a handout of the key points of that lesson, with summary exercises and exams for students to complete independently and be marked later on.
I am currently on a Gap Year , with a deferred acceptance to Durham University to study Biology, I gained A*A*A in alevels for biology , chemistry and psychology. Ive had experience tutoring GCSE students for their science exams and aided younger Alevel students with their chemistry exams.
I have been accepted to Durham university to read Biosciences on a 3 year course commencing September 2020
Before opting to take a gap year I have been at Durham University studying, I since decided to take a gap year and restart my studies in 2020 so I can gain essential scientific experience, however during this term at university I've conducted 4 practicals each covering an essential area of biology. I have experience with titrations, gel electrophoresis , protein purification using an Ion exchange column ,light microscopy and also outdoor ecological work. following this I've also done formative write ups of my findings and graphical work.
Benton Park Sixth Form – September 2017 – June 2019
3 A-Level’s : Biology A*, Chemistry A, Psychology A*
Benton Park School 2012-2017
11 GCSE’s: Maths 8, English Language 9, English Literature 8, Core Science A, Further Science A*, Additional Science A*, Child Development A, Textiles A, Art A, History A, RSP A*
First aid training January 2017- 2020
I achieved a first aid qualification in 2017, which is valid for 3 years. With this qualification I am able to treat minor to severe injuries and perform CPR.
Costa Coffee, Barista – September 2017 to February 2018
• Serving customers, taking orders and operating the till
• Working as part of a busy team, keeping areas clean and tidy
Murgatroyds Fish & Chip Restaurant, Restaurant Assistant – April to July 2017
• Clearing and re-laying tables
• Assistance to the waitressing and kitchen staff
Aireborough Children’s Centre, Face Painter - ongoing
• Each school half term I have bookings at school ‘fun days’.
• In both 2018 and 2019 I tutored both GCSE students and first year A-Level students for their science exams.
Assistant Head Girl – October 2017 to June 2019
• Throughout my A-level’s I was appointed assistant head girl to support and represent the student body, I achieved during my time to implement the use of swipe cards for entry to the school. Furthermore, I organized the purchase of a communal kettle for sixth-formers
Bradford University Analytical Chemistry Labs June 2018
• for a 2 week period I shadowed lecturers and lab workers conducting their own research and analysis on rock and paint samples, in the post-exam period. During this, I gained experience with lab equipment such as NMR, GC-MS and SEM
Queensway Primary School – July 2015
• I supported craft activities with the year 6 children during the final week of term. We created displays for the school and I helped organize the work and displays for the end of the academic year.
• For 2 consecutive years, I have won the Gold Award for ‘Attitude to Learning’ in my year group at Benton Park, as a whole.
• I have received certificates each term for my attitude in and around school, together with my excellent attendance
• Furthermore, I was awarded the Silver Award for ‘Academic Excellence’ in 2016, meaning I have consistently achieved the 2nd highest grades in my year group.
• I have been awarded various subject awards each term for my work and attitude.
• To integrate into University life during my gap year I have visited my university college and after hustings I have been appointed to be a member of the welfare committee within St Aidan’s College
Interests and Hobbies
• I enjoy expressing my views with others on issues affecting myself and the world around me; I do this by participating in Benton Park’s debate team.
– In February 2017, I took part in the inter-schools ‘Debating Matters’ debate, in which, I argued against the use of performance enhancing drugs. In doing this, I have developed my communication skills and the ability to constructively express my views.
• I have a strong fascination with the sciences. As a result of this, in Year 11, I participated in a science group within Benton Park, dedicated to furthering my knowledge of science and the developing studies in the field of science.
• I aided younger students in their chosen science subject. The experience has developed my scientific knowledge beyond GCSE level, together with developing my ability to communicate with and teach others.
• I have done a lot of wider reading to my course at university including academic journals and required textbooks
• From an early age I have enjoyed horse riding. I am a confident rider and during my time at my riding school I have also helped younger riders by leading their ponies. Riding has taught me many skills such as determination, confidence, teamwork, support of my peers, care and concern for the animals together with generally coping with hard work.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||Not available||£12|