I'm a 3rd year Marine Biology student who is very experienced in working with children and teenagers of all ages and mental abilities, including kids with ADD/ADHD and autism. I have As in 4 science GCSEs (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology) and an A in A-Level Biology. If you are in the Belfast area and you feel your secondary school child would benefit from tutoring in Biology or general science, consider me as an option. I specialise in zoology, ecology and practical skills, but I am also proficient in all areas of high school Biology.
My lessons involve discussing and clarifying key concepts of the curriculum, going through past paper questions, and exploring wider reading and materials. I help to set out schedules of revision and homework and work with a variety of resources and technology to keep lessons interesting. I work to discover and encourage your child's learning strategies and I'm flexible in my use of resources to promote visual, aural or repetitive learning.
I have a basic criminal records check certificate, and you can trust me to ensure your child's safety.
I am new to giving formal tutoring lessons in Biology, but have over 5 years youth work experience. I have given coursework tutoring to GCSE Electronics students. Other experience in working with high school students includes:
- Being a Girl Guide leader for 2 years.
- Working as a youth leader at various summer camps and retreat weekends both in the UK and abroad
- Running interactive kids' workshops on palaeontology in a country park
All of which involves communication skills, education, running engaging craft and sport activities, pastoral care, promoting group discussion and showing strong leadership.
Queen’s University Belfast (2014-Present) – BSc Marine Biology (projected grade: 2:1)
• Level 3: Currently studying at this level
• Level 2: Average Grade 63% (2.1)
• Level 1: Average Grade 63% (2.1)
Anticipating graduating with a Degree Plus award
Twyford C of E High School, London (2008-2014)
• Graphic Communications (A)
• Biology (A)
• Mathematics (D)
• Chemistry (Grade C)
• Electronics (A*)
• English Language (A*)
• Biology (A)
• Chemistry (A)
• Physics (A)
• Geology (A)
• Mathematics (A)
• ICT (A)
• English Literature (A)
• French (A)
• Russian (A)
• History (A)
• Fine Art (A)
• Religious Education (A*)
• Northern Ireland Basic Criminal Records Check
• Erasmus Youthpass mobility of youth workers project participation for 1 year
Conservation Worker: Durlston Country Park, Dorset, August 2013
• Working in the gift shop (restocking products, working the till, customer service).
• Educated children about fossils and lead creative activities
• Set up an art exhibition, working alongside the artist to present his work well
• Helped to maintain the grounds (putting up fences, preparing fields for livestock, removing harmful plants)
International Volunteer: Kairos International, in Mumbai, India (June-July 2015)
• Cooperated in a team of people from around the world
• Organised a kids’ sports day in the slums of Mumbai alongside the charity Jeevan Dhara.
• Worked with children with developmental disorders in a specialist school
• Helped to coordinate a retreat weekend for a student organization
• Ran a seminar on developing healthy interpersonal relationships
• I coordinated the planting of tropical fruit trees at a drug addict rehabilitation centre
• I learnt a lot about teamwork and having good synergy with others
Structural Engineering: Edge Structures Ltd., Russell Square, London, June 2011
• Organized files of previous projects and created a database of site criteria
• Used In-Design to create floor plans of theoretical buildings
• Visited clients’ houses and took notes on work to be done
• Attended conferences with prospective clients and advertised the company’s work
Market Stalls & Online Selling: Self-Employed, June 2016 - Present
• I have done craft market stalls in the Crescent Art’s Centre (Fine & Dandy Market) and in the Sunflower Public House
• Setting up displays for stock to be sold
• Online promotion and managing affiliated social media accounts
• Creating stock using various craft techniques including wire-work, paper craft and painting
• Leading Girl Guides for two years (2012-2014)
• Public Relations manager for Belfast branch of Kairos International student organization (1 year)
• Working on various international youth camps in the Republic of Ireland, Germany, Poland, Belgium and the UK. These have involved organizing games, workshops, and group discussions, counseling teenagers, communicating with children from many different countries and being a pastoral carer.
• Worked in a pop-up café at a festival in summer 2016, which involved serving customers, taking orders, organizing stock and thinking on my feet.
• I am a seasoned photographer and graphic designer, experienced with an array of equipment and software including Adobe Photoshop and Premier. I’ve done event photography, filming and graphic design for sports tournaments, weddings and international conferences.
• Promotion using various forms of digital and physical media, including designing graphics and advertisements
• Giving oral presentations and public speaking
• Data processing and statistical analysis in Excel, including use of add-ins
• Electronics skills, including soldering, programming microchips and creating simple circuit boards
• Sewing, wire-work and other craft skills
• I am President of the Boot Camp Team society at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB), previously secretary, in which I lead weekly workouts for women and promote the society
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest zoology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, botany lessons for all!
Taking hydrobiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|