I teach up to GCSE Level.
Lessons will be practical with the knowledge gone over at the start and it all reviewed with questions and examples in the second half.
I often use Kahoot! and create quizzes to make it more interesting and relevant
Im a Biomedical Student who loves sports and is enthusiastic about science. I have previously mentored students from the John Wallis Academy in Kent to achieve the GCSE grades they aspired, and worked in a primary school as well as after school clubs.
If cancellation is less than 24 Hours before the lesson then I can only refund half of the fee.
Bridgefield,Toft Road, Kingston, Cambridge, CB23 2NS
As a highly motivated individual known for working hard and always being reliable, I like to immerse myself in new experiences and challenges and I am able to work for others or take responsibility and make decisions as the project or work requires. My organisational skills have allowed me to enjoy a broad mix of extracurricular activities alongside my academic work. I enjoy working as part of a team and have benefited from receiving feedback as I am eager to learn from others. Along with all of this I am principally a friendly, cheerful and hardworking person. I have a keen interest in medicine and the advances in its various fields. I have myself looked into prosthetics in my Level 2 EPQ and I have read numerous journals and books covering a range of topics, from these I have developed my strong desire to make a difference through medicine and experience it first hand.
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – I have written and given a talk to the whole school during assembly.
• Fully qualified first-aider
• Excellent time management and organisation, this is shown through how I manage my time on a day to day basis. I am reliable at getting my work in on time whilst participating in 14 extra-curricular activities.
• I find it easy and enjoyable to work in teams through sport and work. A lacrosse team is one of 16 people, however through Charity Fundraising (for Breadline Africa) I have worked with a team of 25.
• Resilient through challenges that I face, for example through building and flying an aeroplane.
(September 2011 – July 2018)
• English Literature- A
• English Language - A
• Mathematics – A*
• DT - A*
• Chemistry – A*
• Biology – A*
• Physics – A*
• EPQ - A
• RS – A
• Geography – A
• German – B
A Levels or Equivalent:
• RS - A
• Chemistry - B
• Biology - A
• Maths - B
Kings College London - Biomedical Science - September 2019
Employment or Work Experience History
National Schools Regatta Official
Nottingham Water Sports Centre (2008-2015)
Eton Dorney Lake (2016-Present)
(June 2008 – Present)
My role as an official and an organiser at this regatta includes
• Running all the results boards and timings
• Dealing with any inquiries and communicating with management team and event organisers
• Assisting in medal ceremonies and promotion of the event
• Lead the social media side of the event running and organisation
-- Volunteer at The Grange Care Home
The Grange, Chequers Rd, Goudhurst, Cranbrook TN17 4DN
(October 2016 – June 2017)
• Spent time with the residents, getting to know them and help around the home.
-- Work Experience at Addenbrooke’s Hospital
Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 0QQ
• Shadowed a consultant and nurse in the Urology ward for a week
(December 12-16th 2016)
-- Academic Mentor to year 11 students at the John Wallis Academy
John Wallis academy
Mentor with revision techniques and helped them to achieve the grades they aspired to get.
(2017 - 2018)
-- Built and Flew a Microlight aeroplane
• We built a microlight big enough to fly two people from a kit with and instruction book in a team of 30 over 2 years.
• Time consuming and meticulous, but we all had the chance to fly the end product in July 2018.
(September 2016 - July 2018)
Achievements and Responsibilities
• Built and flew a Microlight aeroplane (in a team of 30)
• Sports Ambassador
Teach children from primary school
• Sergeant– CCF Senior Cadet
Teach and mentor younger cadets
• Flute – Grade 8
• Gold and Bronze D of E
• 1st Lacrosse Team
Name Email Address Relationship
1. Captain Imms (concealed information) Contingent commander
2. Thomas Garnier (concealed information) Manager of my volunteer role at NSR
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£10|