Whilst being flexible to each child’s learning style, I like to base my tutoring on the specification of each subject and focus on concepts that my students may find complex. Moreover, for those who are able, I like to present more challenging ideas to keep them interested and encourage inquisitiveness in the topic of study.
Depending on time available
• My homework review 5-10 mins (plus more if necessary)
• Subject introduction in which I would use analogies and real life events to present the topic. Following with their feedback and queries.
• Working through 2-3 questions together to assess their understanding
• Setting a few questions for them to do by themselves in session.
• Review of their new knowledge
• Discussing questions that may synthesise multiple topics relating to the one covered in that session
• Student Feedback
• I finish by giving them questions to complete by next session to seal in the knowledge learnt that day
I have found it most beneficial to a student to have 1-2 hours to give time for each section of the session.
I am a student at Queen Mary. I have tutored Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics for two years at GCSE level to two children, Chemistry for one year to a student at AS level and I have been an after school childcare assistant for 6 years and a club scout leader for two!
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school support lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school coaching lessons for all!
Taking afterschool pick-up & baby-sitting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|