"Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge." -Carl Sagan
During the formative years of primary and secondary school, students look forward to some classes and subjects much more than others. Disciplines such as physical education, dance, art, drama, or language arts are eagerly anticipated. Nonetheless, as was the situation in my case, essential topics such as maths or anything that had to with the sciences are met with dread.
Why do a lot of students all around the world, including the UK, have such a hard time with scientific disciplines? The quote mentioned above explains it quite well. Science is more than an academic discipline; it's a way of deep thinking that causes us to go beyond everyday common knowledge's external surface. We must think more intensely and use distinct parts of the mind methodically.
The type of systematic thinking that scientific disciplines squeeze out of us is very good for building a foundation for acquiring different subjects. Therefore, science is good since it aids individuals to become more complete thinkers.
So, in today's article, we shall examine how students can brush up on their natural science skills with a private tutor in one of science's most important topics: biology.
The Rising Popularity of E-Learning
If you rewound the clock of time a few decades, people would look strangely at those who used the words e-learning, online tuition, or virtual classroom. Nonetheless, due to the rapid developments of modern technology, online education has become the new "it" thing.
It would be hard to imagine how we would have continued with educational classes during COVID-19 if it wasn't for online videoconferencing platforms such as ZOOM or Skype.
Even though the internet was well-established and widely used in the late 2000s, it wasn't until the early 2010s that virtual learning started to rise in popularity. Qualified individuals began offering online courses on classified ad websites. Before long, to meet eager students' demands, websites for virtual learning hosting various tutors started to pop up.
In 2021, there are more people than ever before taking online lessons to acquire necessary information about academic disciplines and topics of interest. We have become accustomed to the idea that virtual learning is the future and must embrace or get left behind in the dust.
Although one-on-one, in-person learning has been around since the dawn of time, why exactly has online tutoring become such a smashing success during the 21st century? The following are some of the most universally relatable reasons as to why:
- Flexibility: Compared to the more traditional in-person method of receiving remedial help, online classes have been praised for their flexibility. How so? Well, for instance, students can book a class with a tutor on a large tutoring website at any time of the day. Students don't have to depend on group lessons at academic institutes since online classes work around your unique schedule.
- Comfortable: another popular aspect of online learning is how comfortable it is. In what way? Learners can acquire new academic disciplines without leaving their homes to attend courses at a school. And, if they want, they can undergo classes in their sweatpants without a care in the world!
- Tech-Savvy Generations of Today: Considering how Millennial and Generation Z learners effortlessly navigate technology, it seems as if they were born with electronic devices in their hands. Therefore, to keep students under 30 years old engaged, technology and the internet must be used. Younger ones respond increasingly well to online classes in comparison to ones conducted face-to-face.
Online learning will only continue to grow in favour, and, as we have seen through this past year, it seems to be a more accessible medium in these uncertain times.
But where can I find a brilliant online tutor to learn more about biology? Not look further than the fantastic Leeds-based biology instructors on Superprof!
The Best Website to Find Biology Instructors in Leeds
Not nearly as spoken about as London or Manchester, Leeds is another major city in the United Kingdom that has many great things. One of the best characteristics of Leeds is the fact that it takes education seriously and it has various universities and vocational schools as proof.
However, not only can students learn about essential topics such as biology at further education centres in Leeds, but they can also take advantage of the multiple private tutors available near them. Where can personal instructors be located in Leeds? Cue Superprof.
On the Superprof site, there are currently 458 biology tutors in the Leeds area ready to offer students of all levels remedial classes, on the internet or face-to-face; that's a lot to choose from!
Many biology tutors in the Leeds area have many years of experience teaching scientific disciplines such as chemistry, biology, geology, and physics. The most highly rated instructors of biology have various qualifications from Leeds-based academic institutes to back them up. However, you probably won't be able to afford the hourly rates of more experienced biology tutors if you're on a tight budget.
Nonetheless, that doesn't mean that there isn't a quality tutor available in your price range. Since there are over 450 biology instructors in the Leeds area, you are bound to find one that fits your learning style and doesn't hurt your wallet. For example, many Uni students offer their services as a tutor while studying for their career paths. Newbie biology tutors offer hourly rates as low as £1o.
We recommend selecting and reading a few biology tutors' profiles in your budget before booking your first class. Why's that? After reading the tutor profile, you might find an instructor specialising in the type of biological topic that intrigues you or that they have experience helping GCSE and A-Level students prepare for their upcoming examinations.
Whichever biology tutor you choose in the city of Leeds, we are confident that you won't be disappointed when using the Superprof site! How's that? Keep on reading to discover why Superprof instructors are the best in the UK.
Why Choose a Superprof Tutor?
In the last ten years, many new tutoring community websites popping up in the United Kingdom offer private classes for a wide variety of academic disciplines. So then why is Superprof so unique and better than all the rest?
There's nothing wrong with those other sites; they would by no means be detrimental to your learning process. However, there are some characteristics of the Superprof site that keep learners coming back for more classes. Such as?
The following are a few brilliant reasons why biology enthusiasts turn to Superprof to brush up on their skills:
- Competitive Prices: at Superprof, we are proud that we can offer remedial courses for students of all social classes. It doesn't matter if you have a big or small budget; you will find a tutor. A good education should be available to anyone, and that's why Superprof's prices are so attractive to outsiders.
- A Great Tutor/Learner Support Team: although we highly doubt that you'll experience any problems learning with a Superprof, the Superprof customer support and help centre greatly aids students and tutors when it may be necessary. By checking the FAQ section, most questions are answered; however, the customer service team is quick to respond if a specific issue occurs. We wouldn't want anything to dampen the learning experience!
- Variety of Topics Available: did you know that Superprof currently has tutors conducting lessons in more than 1000 topics? Mindblowing! The variety of available topics makes the Superprof community a force to be reckoned with in the online education industry. After you've brushed up on your biology knowledge, Superprof is the perfect place to continue learning with qualified tutors.
- First Lesson Free: a bonus of the Superprof experience is that 95% of the time, depending on the tutor, the first lesson is free of charge. This fact allows new students the possibility to shop around and find an instructor that suits their style. A satisfying, engaging, and educational experience is guaranteed!
If none of the previously mentioned reasons convinces you to try learning biology with a Superprof tutor, we don't know what will!
In conclusion, learning biological topics and more about biology's general field is made easy for curious students when Superprof is involved. For what are you waiting? Book some biology review classes today!