"Whether you want to uncover the secrets of the universe, or you want to pursue a career in the 21st century, basic computer programming is an essential skill to learn." -Stephen Hawking
As recent university graduates might be able to tell you, finding a job in today's world is no piece of cake. The stress of constant interviews and the feelings of rejection can discourage well-meaning individuals and make the job search more of a nightmare than anything else.
Nonetheless, it is essential to state that to avoid the complications of finding a job, before embarking on your post-secondary studies, it is wise to analyse which careers are the most in-demand. Why is that important? Well, by knowing which fields of employment you are hiring the most, you can subsequently select a course that will prepare you with the necessary skills for that specific domain and be guaranteed a job upon the completion of your studies.
Today, one of the most bustling industries is that of computer science and technology. Since everything has moved online in the past decade or two, there is more demand than ever before for individuals to work as system engineers and computer programmers.
If you study computer coding and programming, you are guaranteed to find a job!
So, without further delay, in today's article, we shall provide readers in the Birmingham area with the necessary insight to find computer programming courses nearby. A remarkable career is just ahead of you!
The Best Jobs Available for Expert Computer Programmers and Coders
While most individuals are familiar with the blanket terms of technology jobs such as "software developer", "computer programmer", or "coder", you might not realise that there are plenty of specific careers available for persons who have experience in computer science.
So, without delaying the matter any further, the following are the most sought-after employment positions in the tech world for talented computer programmers:
- Network System Administrator: for individuals who want to consider a career as a network system administrator, it is wise to know common programming languages such as Python, PERL, and Java. Network system administrators ensure that computers and operating systems are always backed up to prevent any serious issues. It is wise to be good at running code since you must make sure that coding programmes are free of errors and doing all they can to protect the computer.
- Computer Systems Engineer: do you equally known Python, Java, and C++? Well, then a career as a computer systems engineer is made for you. Computer systems engineers are responsible for identifying programming problems on networks, apps, or other operating programmes. In comparison to other programming jobs, computer systems engineers work closely with their clients to ensure satisfaction.
- Web Developer: have you ever wondered who makes websites look the way they do and who maintains them effectively? Well, if so, you'd be happy to hear that that is the work of web developers. Web developers use code and other programming techniques to ensure that websites run smoothly and that their clients are satisfied.
- Application Creator: for this job, computer programming experts hone their code abilities to participate in creative projects that involve the inception of new software applications for cell phones. Knowing programming languages such as Java and Python is extremely important for application creators.
We are sure that your computer programming skills will come to good use when applying for any previously mentioned job positions. Also, it's worth stating that all of these jobs pay extremely well!
Locating the Most Highly Recommended Computer Programming Courses in Birmingham
When it comes to learning more about computer programming and the basics of code, there is the option of taking a course online or in person. Which is best? Well, when it comes down to selecting either face-to-face coding courses or virtual sessions, we recommend opting for hybrid classes that combine the two learning styles; this gives you the option to choose the one that best suits your personality.
It is essential to state that various academic institutes offer face-to-face and virtual coding and programming lessons in the Birmingham area. Without further ado, we shall analyse the best educational institutes for aspiring software engineers to hone their skills in and around Birmingham.
School of Code
The School of Code based in Birmingham recognises that careers in software technology are in high demand right now and that learning how to code can change your professional life for the better. Therefore, the various coding and programming boot camp programmes available at the School of Code are worth looking at.
The following list features some valid information about the programming course at the School of Code:
- Cost: unlike other expensive coding courses, the School of Code's Coding Bootcamp is free of charge for students that meet all the necessary qualifications.
- Curriculum: featuring all the necessary aspects to become job-ready as a computer programmer, the individual lessons taught as part of the Coding Bootcamp are highly supportive and are always in a collaborative environment.
- Workshops: to get a feel for what it's like to complete essential projects and receive training for future jobs, the hands-on workshops are the best in the business and greatly appreciated by all course students.
- Job Placement: these days, the graduates of many courses do not get placed in a job position quickly; nonetheless, that's not the case for students of the School of Code. It is essential to mention that 85% of graduates find work within the first three months of graduating.
The School wants to give everyone a shot at embarking on a successful career in the booming tech industry in the UK. Many graduates have gone on to do beautiful things as software engineers and computer programmers. Check out their website and apply now; if you're interested.
University of Birmingham
The Coding Bootcamp at the University of Birmingham is a fantastic option for students who want to consider a career in computer programming while they are still working at their job. The part-time Coding Bootcamp lasts 24 weeks, with classes being conveniently held on evenings and weekends at the Edgbaston campus of the University of Birmingham.
Through their half-year of instruction, students acquire an understanding of computing and coding information that touches on the following frameworks and technologies:
- Database Theory,
Throughout the course at the University of Birmingham, projects with peers and potential employers are completed to give students an idea of what the workforce will resemble.
It is essential to state that another computing course is offered at the University of Birmingham, another coding, the data analytics programme. Both systems provide students with hands-on learning experiences, a dynamic curriculum, the opportunity to learn from experienced teachers in technology, and beautiful moments shared with like-minded peers.
The following Coding Bootcamp course at the University of Birmingham starts on the 25 of May. The curriculum of the coding and computer programming course is very layered and provides students will all the necessary tools to become ready for the many available employment positions in the field of technology.
Take a look at the website to get an idea of what will be learned, what graduates receive, and the financial options available to help you advance your career without worrying too much about the money from the get-go.
Also, it's worth mentioning that since the University of Birmingham is one of the top 100 academic institutes in the world, having a Certificate of Completion of the 24-week coding course from them is extremely attractive to potential employers.
Birmingham Adult Education Service
Because Birmingham is a sizeable city with curious adult learners from all walks of life, various further education centres offer part-time and full-time courses covering a wide variety of topics. The Birmingham Adult Education Service is one of them.
The Learn to Code course at BAES is a brilliant programme for absolute beginners who have no experience in computer programming and want to get a taste of working behind the scenes in the world of tech and computer systems. The following are some essential details of the Learn to Code course at BAES:
- 20 guided learning hours that are separated across five weeks,
- This course is destined for those who potentially want to work in IT or who need to acquire coding skills for their current employment,
- No qualification is attained, yet students do receive a certificate from BAES,
- Lessons are taught both in-person at the Birmingham Adult Education Service campus and virtually through online sessions.
Check out the Birmingham Adult Education Service website to learn more about the brilliant Learn to Code course and how you can apply.
In conclusion, by consulting any of the three academic institutes mentioned in today's article, you will learn how to effectively program and code without having to leave the city of Birmingham.