" A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Do you remember who was your favourite teacher growing up? What did they do that marked you? How did they shape the way for you? Thinking back on our most influential educators fills us with joy and positive memories. A good teacher has the power to make us love or loathe an academic discipline that sets us on our career path in the future.
For example, when I was in secondary school, my favourite teachers always seemed to be those who taught languages such as French or English and I think that their positive influence caused me to study English and work as a writer today.
It is wise to never underestimate the sheer impact of a great teacher who is at the top of their game.
Also, it is important to state that a lot of us will almost always seek the assistance of a tutor after the formative years are finished. How's that? Either for work or pleasure, humans need to never stop learning valuable skills. Therefore, whether you need to brush up on a foreign language, learn how to play a musical instrument, or improve your coding abilities, there's a tutor out there to help you.
Without further delay, in today's article, we shall demonstrate to our curious readers where they can find a computer programming educator near them that offers online or in-person classes. Let the search begin!
Why Use a Tutor to Learn About Computer Programming
The best tutors are like swiss army knives. How's that? When qualified and boast years of experience, they serve multiple functions and are prepared to handle any situation that their students may present them with at any given moment. Therefore, when learning how to become a computer programmer it's a no-brainer to utilise the talents of a private tutor since it's not always the easiest subject.
The following are some of the best reasons to enlist the help of a computer programming instructor:
- Adaptability: one of the greatest things about hiring a private tutor for any subject is the flexibility and adaptable nature of the instructor. For example, when studying computer programming at a university you have to learn the material from the curriculum without pausing when you don't understand a topic. However, it's the complete opposite with a private tutor since they recognise the parts you aren't assimilating and take the time to make sure you understand before moving. Also, you can choose the time and place; isn't that divine?
- Cost-Effective: unlike expensive courses and university degrees, learning computer programming with a private tutor is much more direct and cost-effective. That is especially true for those who only want to have a few coding and software development skills to be more attractive to future employers. For example, in the London area, a computer programming session with an experienced tutor is between £30-40 per hour on the Superprof site.
- Expertise: since computer programing and coding is quite complex, it is extremely wise to hire a private tutor from the beginning to effectively succeed. Experienced and reputable computer programming tutors are programmers themselves and know which problems may be difficult to a newbie. Don't be afraid to ask questions to get the answers that you deserve!
The previously mentioned reasons are only a few of the many that convince aspiring programmers to seek the assistance of private instructors in the field of software engineering or development.
It is important to state that hiring a private computing tutor is a fantastic idea for those who do not want to spend 3+ years at Uni and who just need to acquire a few useful programming abilities. For what? Many job-hunting websites in the UK and other countries highlight the fact that knowing basic code or programming languages is a huge advantage when applying for the most sought after jobs.
So, for what are you waiting? Hire a private tutor to learn more about coding and programming today!
Locating the Best Tutors in the UK
Although the idea of hiring a tutor to learn more about computer programming is a fantastic idea to establish a skill set that sets the foundation for a great career, many people are quite confused about where they need to look to find a tutor.
Ladies and gentlemen have no fear, Superprof is here to save the day! Of all the resources that are used to find and hire a personal tutor, the best in the business is Superprof. The fact that Superprof has the most qualified tutors in the UK is clear but here are some of the most highly recommended reasons to choose Superprof when learning more about computer programming:
- Variety: with more than 12 million tutors from around the world offering their services on Superprof to teach 1000+ topics of interest, it is safe to say that you will be pleased with the variety of tutoring options available. You can choose a UK tutor for in-person classes or shake things up a bit and get to know a personal educator from a foreign country through online courses; the sky is the limit!
- Affordable Prices: we highly doubt that you will find better prices than those on the Superprof website. There are hourly rates for those with wee budgets and for those who've got a lot of money to spend. The price of classes greatly depends on the experience of the tutor and their qualifications in the field of computer programming. Also, a great incentive on choosing Superprof is that approximately 95% of tutors offer the first class for free!
- Experienced Tutors: the tutors on the Superprof website are not first-time instructors, a lot of them have years, even decades, of teaching experience under their belt to share with others. Obviously, the price slightly increases when a pupil chooses a tutor with specific expertise, but the positive thing is that they can at least be found. A lot of the Superprof tutors offer remedial support part-time and continue to work in the respective fields.
- Customer Support Staff: some learners might be apprehensive about taking tutoring lessons with such a big company like Superprof and prefer to hire someone who offers lessons privately. However, we can assure you that the customer support staff makes you feel special if there are any problems encountered on the website.
If the previously mentioned reasons aren't enough to convince you to choose Superprof for learning computer programming, we don't know what will!
Now, without further ado, we shall highlight some information about the selection of computer programming tutors found on the Superprof site in five of the most populous cities of the United Kingdom.
As the most populated city in the UK, it comes as no surprise that there are plenty of computer programming instructors in London. According to our site, there are more than 280 computer programming tutors in and around London offering in-person and online classes for students of all levels and ages.
In London, the computer programming hourly rate ranges from £10-200 depending on the level of study and experience of the tutor. Many of the tutors have glowing testimonials.
Another major metropolitan area in the UK is Birmingham. And, after quickly researching information on the Superprof site, there are 41 computer programming tutors offering classes for extremely affordable prices. For instance, some computer coding tutors are conducting hourly classes for less than £10!
Classes can be held online or in-person and we highly recommend taking a look at the tutor options available.
Scots want and need to learn about computer programming too, and that is why there are 27 accomplished and engaging computer programmers offering one-to-one classes in the Glasgow region.
The majority of computer programming tutors in Glasgow offer their first lesson for free which gives you the possibility to try out the style of their lesson and see if it works for you. Nonetheless, one thing is for sure, there is bound to be a computer programming Superprof in Glasgow that meshes well with your overall needs!
Although definitely smaller than London, Manchester, and Leeds, Belfast is the most important city in Northern Ireland. And, for that very reason, there is a variety of topics that can be learnt on Superprof like computer programming!
On the Superprof website, there are currently five Belfast-based computer programmers offering courses to those in need whether face-to-face or virtually. Hourly rates for remedial support in computer programming is as low as £8 in Belfast.
In the territory of Wales, and especially those living near the city of Cardiff, there are various options of computer programming tutors online and in-person. For example, according to the Superprof site, there 19 computer programming tutors available to teach students in Cardiff.
Prices per hour range from £7-25 depending on the tutor's experience and field of speciality.
So, if you live near any of the five major cities we just talked about, you will not have any problem having face-to-face computer programming classes. However, if you live a bit far from the action and in rural areas, it is highly recommended to take online classes with a tutor.
Online or Face-to-Face Tutoring: Which is Best?
Since the rise of computers and the general interest of online classes, there has been a lot of debate as to which is best: online or in-person classes. It's a very tough decision for many to take since both virtual and face-to-face classes have their pros and cons.
For example, many like the "hands-on" approach of going to an academic institute and learning with other classmates in-person. Whereas, on the other hand, many are loving the relative ease of staying at home, in your jammies, to acquire essential topics at a time that is most convenient for them.
All in all, we cannot decide for you since both virtual and face-to-face classes are available on the Superprof site and worthy of special merit; however, it is important to mention that during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is much wiser to take online classes to respect social distancing measures.
In conclusion, we are extremely excited about the decision you have taken to use a tutor to brush up on computer programming topics. We hope that the information in today's article has provided you with all the tools you need to find a programming tutor near you!