“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” -
Computers, operating systems, wifi networks, and clouds are not going anywhere, so get used to it! Nonetheless, to ensure that all aspects of technology are utilised without any problems or glitches, it is essential to state that computer programmers are needed.
But how does one write code? It's important to state that learning to become a computer programmer isn't so much about understanding computers and writing code that will be easily comprehended by coders and programmers that later follow your steps to maintain operating systems. The best code is simple enough for the computer and other persons to read yet unbreakable and easy to keep up.
While it's true that not everyone acknowledges code, it is becoming increasingly important to learn how to program computers in today's day and age.
So, without further ado, in today's article, we shall discuss where Manchester-based citizens can acquire the basics of computer programming and code at an academic institute nearby.
What are the Tasks of a Computer Programmer?
Though you've probably heard the terms "computer programming", "coding", and "programmers" before, have you ever stopped and ask, what are the daily tasks of a person who has studied computer science and currently works as a computer programmer?
For many people who don't work or have a profound knowledge of technology, we might erroneously stereotype the work completed by computer programmers and think of them more as hackers than people who help out with operating systems.
So, to help us get to the bottom of matters, the following are some of the most common tasks that computer programmers regularly complete:
- Manage user requirements across different operating systems,
- Write new code to ensure that all computers and aspects of technology are running smoothly,
- Rewrite and review code if any bug fixes occur in the program,
- Evaluate the software systems that make computers and hardware work,
- Anticipate through code and programming the needs of an operating system for the future,
- Investigate new soft and hardware developments that could make working life more manageable,
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure that programming goals are met for the client in question,
- Frequently keep up with the newest advancements in the fields of programming and technology.
It is essential to state that although the tasks of a computer programmer or systems engineer are completed individually, they usually are employed by a technology company or firm.
Also, even though computer programmers have completed computer science courses and training, they continue to hone their craft by working with technology that quickly advances through the 21st century.
Where can a person find the best programming courses in the Manchester area? We're sure that you'll fancy the course options in the following subheading!
The Best Programming and Coding Courses in the Manchester Area
When it comes to receiving advice, direction, and instruction to become skilled in programming and coding, many schools and academic institutes in the UK equip students with the tools they need to succeed. What about Manchester? Are there courses in coding in the region of Manchester? Thanks to the fact that Manchester is a large city, there are various reputable options.
So, without further ado, we shall take a look at the best coding or programming courses offered in-person in and around Manchester.
University of Manchester
When it comes down to finding a "reputable" academic institute to study code and computer programming, you can't get much more highly recommended than acquiring knowledge at one of the best Unis in the UK. The Coding Bootcamp courses at the University of Manchester have great reviews from past students, and they are known for providing students with all the tools necessary to succeed.
The Coding Bootcamp last 24 weeks and equips aspiring computer programmers with skills for full-stack web development. Classes are made dynamic by engaging tutors, cutting-edge curriculum, and informative aspects of the programme that can be directly utilised.
It is essential to state that classes in computer programming and web development are currently being held virtually. However, that doesn't mean that the lessons are personalised. The support from instructors is the same online as it would be face-to-face, and students have access to plenty of resources relevant to the fields of computing.
Students learn more about the following aspects of code and web development that are necessary for future careers when studying at the University of Manchester:
- Working as a Team: since major coding jobs are completed by the hard work of a team of computer programmers, the faculty at the University of Manchester recognises the importance of practising real-world coding problems in a team setting.
- Ability to Complete Hands-On Projects: the best way to learn coding and programming is by putting yourself in the situation and examining how things work. The Coding Bootcamp curriculum ensures that there are various hands-on projects available to complete.
After completing the course, computer programming students receive a Certification of Completion from the University of Manchester. It's worth stating that graduating from a university-based coding and programming course is looked at very favourably by employers in the job market.
Known as the industry's leading Coding Bootcamp, the computer programming course offered at Northcoders boast fantastic testimonials from past students. Northcoders is based in Manchester and Leeds with the similar purpose of creating coders of the future.
There are coding and computer programming courses for both individuals and businesses at Northcoders. Companies can choose to have their employees improve their coding skills or train them to acquire programming abilities useful in a business setting. As for the computer programming courses for individuals, the following list features more information:
- A 14-week programme that equips you with the basics of code,
- Persons can choose to either learn more about coding from their home or attend in-person classes at the Manchester campus,
- Students can be assured that they are studying code at one of the best institutes in the UK since staff members put the needs of the pupils ahead and they strive for excellence at all times,
- The price of the Northcoders face-to-face Coding Bootcamp costs £7200 and can be paid across two years.
We highly recommend taking a look at the Northcoders website to download a PDF of the 14-week Coding Bootcamp curriculum to see if it's the right fit for you. It's important to mention that the next start date is the 21 of June; don't miss your chance!
Boasting a 4.8 out of a 5-star review on Google, the Manchester Codes school is a beacon of excellence in Northern England for those who wish to learn how to code both full-time and part-time. It is important to mention that Manchester Codes is the sister company to Leeds Codes.
Both of the courses offered by Manchester Codes, Introduction to Programming and Software Engineer FastTrack, are held online for students in the Manchester area. Nonetheless, though the programming courses are held virtually, that doesn't make them any less worthy.
The following list highlights the best aspects of each of the Manchester Codes training programmes:
- Software Engineer FastTrack (Online): designed to help individuals grow from being a complete beginner to a job-ready Junior Developer, the 24-week training of the Software Engineer FastTrack course is a brilliant option for those who believe that a career in computer programming is for them. The online class hours add up to be 288, and 10+ projects are completed throughout the course. The live lectures and face-to-face support from teachers put students at ease, knowing that they have someone watching out for them. The course is reasonably priced compared to other schools offering the same programme, at only £5,000 right now, including the VAT.
Many graduates of Manchester Codes work at prestigious UK-based companies such as BBC, AutoTrader, RBS, Bentley, Accenture, Department of Education, and Buffer.
In conclusion, we are sure that you will learn great things by attending any of the previously mentioned coding schools in Manchester. We wish you the best learning experience!