"Those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing of their own." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Hola, ¿como estás? Una cerveza, por favor.
Learning the basics of Spanish is a brilliant idea to thoroughly comprehend Spanish native speakers while touring lands such as Spain, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Belize, Argentina, Ecuador, and Chile.
Nevertheless, it is said by many language experts that without constant exposure to the Spanish language, citizens of the UK will struggle to grasp Spanish. Which may be because vocabulary, grammar, and verb tenses since countries where Spanish is spoken are farther away.
How can Brits learn Spanish?
By attending highly qualified Spanish lessons, citizens of the UK can become fluent in the Spanish language without having to leave their city. For example, in today's article, we will discuss how Belfast natives can acquire a boastful understanding of the Spanish language by attending classes in an institute or with a private tutor.
Reasons to Learn Spanish
Before choosing a new language to acquire, many factors must be considered by the learner. Essential components that influence language learning are overall use, effectiveness, motivation, age, and personality of the learner.
What about Spanish? Why is it important to learn Spanish?
With millions of students, Spanish is currently one of the most learned languages on the planet. It is a beautiful foreign tongue that has caught the attention of learners for decades.
Nevertheless, for those who need more convincing as to learning Spanish, the following are the most noteworthy reasons to acquire the basics of the Spanish language:
- Second Most Spoken Language: with more than 400 million native speakers worldwide, Spanish has rightly earned the ranking of being the second most spoken language in the world after Chinese. Spanish is the official language in over 20 countries, and more than 550 million individuals have acquired some degree of fluency in Spanish. It is estimated that over 6% of the world's population speaks Spanish; if that isn't a solid reason to learn Spanish, I don't know what is!
- Spanish is Only Gaining in Popularity: Spanish shows no sign of slowing down in the next decade or two. For example, a study conducted by the British Council shows that Spanish is the most important second language for British natives to grasp. Spanish has become even more popular than French, Arabic, and Mandarin in the UK.
- Travel Experiences Will Be Enhanced: travelling the world is one of the most enriching and fulfilling experiences a human can have. Consequently, when speaking Spanish exploring the lands of Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, and Peru, the skills are heightened and lifelong relationships are created with locals.
What about learning the basics of Spanish in Edinburgh?
The Best Language Institutes in Belfast to Become Fluent in Spanish
Northern Ireland's beautiful capital Belfast is the second-largest city on the island of Ireland with a population of over 335,000 inhabitants. Known for shipbuilding and the creation of the RMS Titanic, Belfast had a significant shipbuilding industry that attracted people from all nations looking for work.
Therefore, like all major cities in the UK, there are many further education centres open to the public that teach a wide variety of academic disciplines. Without further ado, the following are the best language institutes in Belfast teaching students more about Spanish:
- Wee Love Languages: claiming to be Northern Ireland's most interactive and "cool" language school, Wee Love Languages was founded by a professional linguistic named Alex and taught a wide variety of foreign tongues such as French, Mandarin, and, of course, Spanish. Language classes are tailored to the needs of each individual and sessions are offered for children and adults. Contact Alex to receive further details about class times, duration, and curriculum.
- Queen's University Belfast: it is not uncommon for highly qualified and prestigious UK-based universities to offer supplementary language classes for those who are interested. The Queen's University in Belfast provides curious learners with seven distinct levels of Spanish courses. Each level of Spanish classes last approximately ten weeks and equip students with the necessary skills to communicate, read, and, write effectively. Without a doubt, the classes are taught by experienced language tutors who have years of practice in the language being taught. Spanish lessons at Queen's University are the best available in Belfast!
- The Crescent Learning: a vibrant community arts centre and cultural hub in Belfast where everyone can experience a new way to become more creative and academically engaged. Language and Culture classes usually last about two months and have limited space. There are Spanish language courses currently available for beginners and lower intermediate pupils at competitive prices. Check out their website for important details such as class start dates, times, and tutors.
The three previously mentioned options are some of the best language institutes in the Belfast area to learn more about commonly spoken foreign tongues such as Spanish.
What about finding an online tutor to learn how to speak Spanish?
Read the following subheading to identify the best tutoring website in the UK and most likely Europe to find highly qualified Spanish tutors.
Learn how to become fluent in Spanish in the Welsh city of Cardiff with professional Superprof tutors and expert tutors at academic institutes by reading our article.
Learn Spanish Online With a Private Tutor
Tutoring has become a significant industry in North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, South America, and Africa; pretty much everywhere!
At the start of the tutoring boom in the 70s and 80s, seeking the assistance of a private tutor was primarily reserved for the wealthy; however, in today's world, private tutors have become commonplace and are frequently used by all types of students.
Why hire a private educator?
Private educators are now hired online for a variety of reasons such as providing academic assistance in language learning, improving understanding of the scientific subjects, and honing mathematics skills.
Which is the best tutoring website to find an online or in-person tutor?
While we try to remain unbiased and objective, at Superprof, we are thoroughly convinced that our tutoring website is the best in the business. According to the most recently updated information available on the Superprof site, 39 qualified Spanish tutors are offering face-to-face lessons in the Greater Belfast area.
Not only do Superprof tutors boast reputable qualifications, numerous clients, and years of experience, the best part is that the first lesson is always free! Free first lessons mean that various tutors can be tried before settling on one to undertake informative Spanish lessons.
If the in-person Superprof tutors near you do not meet your requirements, there are various online tutors located in other parts of the UK offering engaging Spanish lessons for all types of learners.
Check out our Belfast Superprof Spanish tutors right away; you won't regret it!
Helpful Tips to Learn Spanish Effectively
Learning a new language can be quite a feat; especially for those who are not linguistically inclined. It is estimated that to become fluent in a foreign tongue between 500-1000 hours of study and exposure are needed depending on the language.
Although learning a new language may seem intense, there are plenty of tips and pieces of advice to make the language learning experience more tolerable and effortlessly enjoyable.
The following are the most helpful tips and tricks to learn Spanish like a boss:
- DO NOT Expect Perfection: acquiring new concepts such as mathematics or riding a bike takes time and effort. Learners cannot expect to be perfect from the start. Expect to continually make mistakes while learning Spanish and view it as a humbling experience; the mistakes made in the present create hilarious stories in the future!
- Practice, Practice, Practice: you cannot expect to become fluent in Spanish without practising your speaking, writing, and reading skills. However, it is essential to state that the most critical aspect of language acquisition is speaking. Remember to dedicate time every day to talk out loud and at an average conversational volume.
- Label Your Surroundings: make distinct labels for things all over your house. Put sticky notes on household items that you want to learn the words for such as walls, kitchen appliances, pieces of furniture, and details of clothing.
- Find a Conversation, Buddy: since Spanish is one of the world's most spoken languages, finding a native speaker to practise the basics with is not impossible. Regular exercise with a conversation buddy will make your language skills go from coherent to fluent. Also, since the Spanish native might be an immigrant, you could offer him or her some English classes in exchange for their assistance.
Acquiring the basic concepts of Spanish in the city of Belfast is a beautiful way to learn more about a new culture. With the fantastic courses offered in the Belfast area, you'll be saying Hola amigo in no time!