"You find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." -Samuel Johnson
I'm going to say it, and I'm going to mention it without any shame: London can be rightfully called the centre of our universe; it has absolutely everything, nothing is lacking. While that may be a sweeping statement, London is the world's global city that has unique traits. Such as? According to statistics, it is the world's most expensive, innovative, sustainable, investment-friendly, and most desirable city; just to name a few records it possesses!
While perhaps only New York, Paris, and Rome may equal the greatness of London, it truly is a sight to behold and should be on everyone's travel/bucket list.
London is known for such things as the Royal Family of Windsor, groundbreaking Prime Ministers, exotic tea, and out of this world literature. While we could gush for days and days about all the tremendous things that London is known for, it is essential to state that London is currently known as one of the world's most distinguished places to learn English.
People from all over the world who do not have any familiarity with the English language come to find work or a better life in London; it is estimated that there are over 300 languages spoken in the Greater London Area! Which means that there are always people looking for an English tutor to hone their skills of the world's most spoken tongue.
Therefore, as a result of the constant need for English tutors, there are more people teaching English than ever before; online and in-person.
Without further ado, in today's article, we shall consider the benefits of hiring a language tutor and where to find the best English educators in the area of London and its surroundings.
The Benefits of Hiring an English Tutor
"The development of language is part of the development of the personality, for words are the natural means of expressing thoughts and establishing understanding between people." -Maria Montessori
Since it is most likely true that the majority of people reading this article today are English speakers, we will discuss the overall benefits of hiring a language tutor to learn any type of spoken language today. Acquiring the basics of a foreign tongue is much more common in present-day than it was many years ago.
It is not unlikely to know someone personally who speaks two, three, four, or even five languages; especially if you live in Europe.
Before anyone claims that learning a foreign tongue is too tricky and complicated for them, the following benefits of hiring a language tutor cannot be disputed and will hopefully convince even the most cynical of personalities:
- Language Tutors = Relatively Cheap Prices: instead of paying large sums of money to attend a prestigious language institute, the lessons designed and taught by personal language tutors offer the most bang for the buck. Each session is dedicated and tailored to your needs since you are the only one learning. This means that you can ask the tutor to add or remove subjects that interest you.
- Language Experts Teach Foreign Tongues: the vast majority of language educators offering classes online or face-to-face are qualified and possess the most reputable certifications. Why do they tutor? Native speakers might acquire language training courses to teach students as a way of earning money to pay for their schooling. Nevertheless, their main goal is to help all pupils learn fluency in the foreign tongue they are acquiring. While language exchange programmes are great, nothing beats the expertise of a trained professional!
- Dynamism: instead of having to attend classes with a group at the same rigid time each week, language tutors are adaptable and adjust their lessons to a time and place most convenient for the learner; now that's service with a smile! Therefore, if an unplanned event occurs, you can request a time change with your tutor without losing any money or progress.
Dear readers, if the previously mentioned reasons aren't enough to convince you about the advantages of hiring a language tutor to acquire a foreign tongue, we don't know what will!
Before concluding this section, it's important to state that since we are living in the 21st century and the world has become a global village, learning another tongue or two has become essential to success in all aspects of life.
Where to Find the Best English Language Educators in London
Since London is the largest city in the United Kingdom and the European Union, there is no shortage of learning opportunities. Many people come from all over the world to learn more about topics such as maths, engineering, theatre, dance, science, and, of course, English.
According to reputable statistics, there are over 420 English as a Second Language Schools in the UK, with the vast majority being located in London. Therefore, it may seem overwhelming when it comes down to making a choice and deciding upon where to acquire the basics of English.
Learning English at an Academic Institute
For those who wish to search for tutors at a reputable language school in the city of London, without a doubt, the following are by far the best options:
- Malvern House London,
- Speak Up London,
- The London School of English,
- Wimbledon School of English,
- EC London English School,
- International House London,
- The English Studio,
- Ingla School of English.
The previously mentioned schools have earned the rightful reputation to be called the best English language schools in the entire city of London. The majority of these schools offer group or private classes, with some of the most professional educators in the business. Prices and availabilities vary; however, they are unlikely to break the bank, and they are usually at convenient times such as evenings and weekends.
Private English Tutors on Superprof
It's important to state that going to an academic institute to learn a foreign language is a thing of the past. Why? More people than ever before are resorting to acquiring knowledge via online with a skype English teacher or in-person tutoring through a reputable website.
While it is true that there are many reputable online resources dedicated to helping connect students with tutors, the best in the industry is by far Superprof. Why can Superprof be called the best? The following are some of the top reasons why Superprof blows the other competing tutoring sites out of the water:
- Tutors are highly qualified,
- Variety of educators teaching many languages,
- Native English speakers who offer engaging and interactive classes,
- Possibility to learn English online via Skype or face-to-face,
- Affordable rates starting at less than £10 per hour,
- The first lesson, with any tutor, is absolutely free and 100% free!
If the previously mentioned reasons aren't enough to convince potential users that Superprof is the best, I don't know what will!
For instance, according to the Superprof site, there are over 1240 English tutors in the Greater London Area available for face-to-face lessons and over 38,000 English educators available teaching via webcam. Take a peek at the Superprof site to browse through the abundance of tutors and start learning English today!
Tips to Learn English Successfully
"The English language is a work in progress. Have fun with it." -Jonathan Culver
For those who are unfamiliar with the basics of the English language, it may seem complicated and very difficult to learn; especially for those who speak Asian or Semitic languages. Nevertheless, as a native speaker of English who has learnt other foreign tongues, the grammar of Shakespeare is relatively simple in comparison to other tongues.
Chinese Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, Tigrinya, and Russian are among some of the world's most difficult to learn languages that make acquiring English a piece of cake.
Nevertheless, like learning any type of language, acquiring fluency in English requires much time, diligence, and constant effort. Without further delay, the following are some indispensable tricks that make learning English more attainable:
- Practice, Practice, and Practice: the suggestion of practising English every single day cannot be stressed enough! By conversing with native speakers, using educational apps, and reviewing lessons, foreigners can acquire English in no time.
- Have Goals: if there is no final objective in mind, students may lose motivation and finish giving up their language studies. Therefore, having short term goals that lead to long term objectives is the key.
- Focus on Communication: while grammar, sentence structure, and writing are essential, it is hugely suggested to start with communication from the get-go; even if what you are saying is a complete mess, at least you tried!
- Don't Translate Expressions and Saying: while it is a human tendency to translate sayings and expressions in your mind before saying them, it should be avoided. Why? If you convert every single word and converse, it will probably end up sounding horrible and make no sense at all.
By following the previously mentioned tips from experienced professionals, beginners can learn English more effectively, and tutors can teach in a successful manner.