"You didn't gain all your weight in one day; you won't lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself." -Jenna Wolfe
After their mid 2os, most people must start watching what they eat and engage in regular exercise to ensure that they don't gain unwanted pounds that could affect their overall health. Thankfully, since most people have at one time or another had to follow diets and health tips, there is plenty of advice and information online about how to lose weight, burn fat, and ensure that the unwanted pounds stay off.
The grand majority of weight loss routines involve a healthy diet and some form of exercise that can be implemented a few times a week or even every day. However, it's important to state that if a person doesn't like their weight loss regime, there is a more substantial chance of abandoning it altogether. What's the solution? Finding a weight loss exercise and diet that fits your needs and that you enjoy.
Did you enjoy that the enjoyable activity of rollerskating can be used to shed undesired pounds and keep them off? Without further delay, let's briefly consider how rollerblading can help a skater lose weight and have fun at the same time!
Health Benefits of Rollerblading
Alike most physically active hobbies and sports, rollerblading have many health benefits that contribute to better well-being and lifestyle. Such as? Without further ado, let's take a look at five of the most significant health advantages of taking part in rollerskating regularly:
- Rollerskating burns calories: little do many people know that rollerskating for about an hour at high-intensity speeds is enough to burn more than 600 calories. When contributed with specific exercises and movements, a person can burn nearly 1000 calories after a rollerblading workout.
- Rollerskating is good for the heart: cardiovascular diseases are highly prevalent in today's world, and many people die from heart attacks. However, there is good news since sports such as rollerskating contribute to better heart health. Participating in rollerblading makes the heartbeat more intensely, which makes it stronger.
- Rollerskating promotes endurance: one of the most significant advantages of rollerskating is that it contributes to muscle endurance and stamina. After regularly blading for long distances, you will be able to engage in other physical activities for more extended periods.
- Rollerskating tones groups of muscles: do you want to be ripped and have the most toned muscles of anyone you know? If so, rollerskating is the proper exercise for you. In addition, muscles groups such as the quads, the gluts, the calves, the abs, and even the arms will be toned if you participate in rollerskating activities frequently.
- Rollerskating encourages happy hormones: similar to many sports and fitness activities; rollerskating makes people happy since it releases happy hormones into a person's body. Also, the great moments had with friends while rollerskating makes people content.
If the previously mentioned health benefits of rollerblading aren't enough to convince you to start blading to lose weight, we don't know what will!
Rollerskating Exercises to Lose Weight and Slim Down
When you think of exercising to lose weight and burn calories, you might think of things such as going to the gym, going for a run, or swimming laps in an Olympic sized pool. However, little do many people recognise that rollerskating is a brilliant activity for those who want to lose weight and slim down while at the same time having a good time.
As we briefly touched on in the previous subheading, rollerskating has been proven to burn calories in moderate and intense workouts. That contributes to shedding some unwanted pounds and toning flabby muscles. Nonetheless, it may be difficult for persons who aren't personal trainers or fitness gurus to pinpoint some specific exercises that will help a rollerblading enthusiast lose weight from the get-go without wasting their time.
The following are a few exercises that should be implemented to lose weight while rollerblading:
- Interval Training Sessions: when starting to rollerblade, you can alternate high intensity skating at a moderate pace during your workout session since this will allow you to become more comfortable with your skates and burn calories and tone muscles. We suggest going at a moderate speed for a few minutes then kicking yourself into gear to go fast for about 30 seconds. After that, go slow again and try interval training again for a longer time. Interval speed training on rollerskates will get your heart beating and slowly burn your fat away.
- Skate for Long Distances: though it might be true that as a beginner, rollerskating around your block at a low speed might be all that you can take, you won't lose weight rollerblading short distances. To effectively gain endurance, muscle strength and burn calories, you must develop the habit of going rollerskating for long stretches at a continuous pace for at least 30 minutes. Then, as you get used to going rollerskating for more extended periods, you can slowly intensify your workouts to go up hills and for more kilometres.
- Move While Rollerskating: going rollerskating a few times a week will effectively burn calories, but if you want to tone your muscles and shed off more fat, it's recommended to engage in various types of movements while rollerskating. For instance, when you twist, turn, and bend whilst rollerskating, you will be contributing to the process of burning more calories and firming up different areas of your body. Some moves could include rollerblade lunges, moving your legs forwards and backwards, going up and down, and even swinging your arms.
When combined with a healthy diet, all of the previously mentioned rollerblading exercises can significantly help a person slim down and make their weight loss goals a reality and not simply an unrealistic dream.
Keep on reading to learn some tips and tricks to help you lose weight effectively while taking part in rollerskating workouts.
Tips and Tricks to Lose Weight Effectively Whilst Rollerblading
Whenever a person embarks on a new weight loss routine, they usually have done a lot of reading to make sure that they are doing everything right to avoid messing things up and to stay on track. Most reading resources and experts suggest implementing some essential tips and tricks.
Therefore, without further delay, the following are the three most indispensable pieces of advice to take into consideration to make sure that you lose weight whilst rollerskating:
- Set Goals: without reasonable short term and long term goals, you will not have the motivation to keep losing weight while rollerskating. So, remember that to shed one pound, you must burn 3,400 calories. So, with that in mind, establish attainable objectives to reach, which will help you stay fit, no matter what!
- Eat Healthily: many fitness enthusiasts will tell you that while engaging in a physically demanding activity such as rollerskating is essential, to see results, one must do all they can to eat healthily. Eat healthy fats, proteins, vegetables, and fruits. If completed regularly, the healthy foods you eat will not become a chore.
- Find Some Workout Buddies: engaging in sports such as rollerskating alone can be alright; however, we powerfully suggest finding workout partners to establish exercising with positive memories. By having a workout friend, you'll mutually encourage each other to keep going.
It's worth mentioning that by hiring a personal rollerblading instructor that prioritises fitness and wellness, you will receive brilliant tips and tricks; keep on reading to learn more!
Hiring a Personal Rollerskating Coach to Help You Lose Weight
Since rollerskating is a sport that takes time to become good at and achieve a certain level of expertise, it is exceptionally suggested to seek more professional practitioners of the activity.
Also, it's worth stating that for those who have the purpose of learning rollerskating to lose weight, the guidance of a personal instructor with their encouraging tips and tricks is greatly needed to keep on track and achieve your weight loss goals.
But where does one find a private rollerskating tutor that not only specialises in providing expert learning advice but also has suggestions to burn calories and use rollerblading as a method to shed pounds? The answer is simple: Superprof!
With an online tutoring community of millions of instructors educating curious persons about more than a thousand different subjects and topics of interest, Superprof is a leader in the education community.
For example, in the UK, there are currently 38 rollerskating instructors offering engaging and diverse courses to a wide variety of students who are taking classes either online or in-person. By looking at the Superprof based rollerskating tutors' profiles, you can learn more about their accreditations, years of experience they have taught, and the type of rollerskating education they specialise in.
For instance, some tutors offer general rollerblading courses while, on the other hand, others provide specific instruction about roller dance and exercises to implement to lose weight and burn fat. It's important to state that most rollerblading instructors are more than happy to adjust their lessons to fit your needs.
Are private rollerskating tutors expensive? The prices per hour for rollerblading instructors is not as bad as you may think since they start at £10 and go up to £50 depending on the type of instruction provided.
In conclusion, if you desire to lose weight and want to take part in an active hobby that contributes to toning muscles and staying in shape, we powerfully suggest learning how to rollerskate; you won't regret it!
The platform that connects tutors and students