"Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming." -Brian Kernighan
If you think that computer programmers are geeks with no social skills and nothing but computer skills to offer, you need to think again. The stereotypes of computer coders need to change since they are working today from all age groups and nationalities.
Also, it's worth stating that although tech-savviness and the ability to work with a computer effectively are greatly valued skills of computer programmers, there are other abilities that aspiring computer programmers must hone, such as problem-solving, communication, and logical thinking.
Therefore, it's safe to say that not only is computer programming worth learning to develop transferrable skills but it's also reserved for all types of persons. We remarkably suggest learning to code if you want to enjoy a prosperous career that shows no signs of slowing down. But, which coding language should I learn since there are so many to choose from? Python.
Without further delay, let's look at how Mancunians can learn Python coding in their city.
Why Learn the Python Programming Language?
With so many different programming languages to choose from, it may seem like an overwhelming process to learn just one as a beginner. Must I choose solely one? Though you could learn three at the same time, starting with only one programming language helps you get a feel for working as a programmer, and it keeps you focused.
But, it's important to state that if you decide to continue your work as a computer programmer, you can learn many more programming languages; the sky's the limit!
However, before getting too distracted, let's pay close attention to why you should learn the Python programming language. The following are a few motives that highlight why it's a wise idea to learn Python coding from the beginning:
- Job Security: since Python is one of the fastest-growing programming languages on the planet right now, various tech companies are actively seeking out people with Python skills. Therefore, by learning to code in Python, you are guaranteeing yourself a prosperous employment position after you have finished your courses.
- Easy to Learn: comments from most programmers and computer enthusiasts about Python are overwhelmingly positive, and that is because it's so straightforward to use, something that is greatly appreciated by coders when debugging coding issues! So, if you're starting to become familiar with aspects of the programming world, begin with Python.
- A Great Community: because computer programming is hot and in-demand right now, many individuals are currently working as coders and specialising in Python. Therefore, there's a large community of Python coders willing to answer any questions you might have on forums or online groups.
If none of the three previously mentioned reasons motivated you to learn Python, we don't know what will!
Locating Python Courses in the Manchester Region
As one of the largest cities in the United Kingdom, Manchester has many fantastic further education centres that are world-renowned and are perfect places for individuals to learn a new professional skill. Therefore, when it comes to finding academic institutes that offer computer programming, it shouldn't be a long and tiresome quest.
Let's take a look at the best Python-related programming courses in the area of Manchester.
Training Dragon Computer Programming Course
Offering various computer science-related programmes in the Manchester area, Training Dragon has a Python coding course that is highly recommended and equips a coder with everything that they need to succeed. The Python course goes over the elementary and advanced aspects of programming.
Throughout the course, there is assistance from a tutor that provides one-to-one aid when the need arises.
The Training Dragon Python course is short-term and can be taken part-time on evenings and weekends, which is a fantastic option for working professionals actively searching to make a career change.
Training Dragon also offers a web developer career programme for those who want to acquire more skills related to computer science.
The Knowledge Academy
While not solely located in the city of Manchester, The Knowledge Academy's Manchester venue is a fantastic place for students to learn more about the fundamentals of Python programming comfortably. The following are the following available dates for The Knowledge Academy's Python Programming Training courses in Manchester:
- 1 and 2 of November 2021,
- 6 and 7 of January 2022,
- 24 and 25 of March 2022.
All Python programming courses conducted by The Knowledge Academy are held across two days and discuss the following topics that are necessary to Python coding:
- Statements and Blocks,
- Understanding Variables,
- Creating Variables,
- Input() Function,
- Variable Assignment,
- Data Types,
- Lists and Dictionaries,
- Conditional Expressions.
A lot more than the previously mentioned subjects are discussed in this jam-packed course; however, although it might be intense for some, the Python information learned can effectively kickstart your career.
The Manchester College
An eight-week course offered at the Openshaw Campus of The Manchester College in the evenings, this Python training programme is suitable for persons who want to learn a new skill such as computer coding.
There are no formal requirements for individuals to join this course except a basic knowledge of computing skills and a willingness to learn. The cost of this Python course is £280 and is worth every penny!
Before concluding this section, it's worth highlighting that if you prefer the convenience of learning virtually from the comfort of your place of residence, there are quite a few online Python courses that might be right up your alley. Such as? The following are a few websites to find virtual Python coding programmes:
- Code Institute,
However, after the education process is completed, how does one find a job as a computer programmer that specialises in Python in the Manchester region? Keep on reading to find out more!
Finding a Job as a Python Programmer in Manchester
It doesn't matter if you have the most in-demand job in the world; searching for a job and taking part in job hunting is an exhausting experience for everyone. All the time spent sending out resumes and going to job interviews without any success can lead to discouragement for even the most confident of individuals.
What can be done? Are there any tips and tricks to make finding a job as a Python programmer in Manchester easier than previously anticipated? Absolutely! The following list highlights some ways to make shopping for computer programming jobs more straightforward:
- Create an Online Portfolio: since you are applying to work as a Python programmer for a technology company, you will inevitably need an online presence. Create a portfolio that shows off your programming projects completed, accreditations, and past jobs, if there are any. Having a profile on Linkedin is a no-brainer.
- Network: reconnect with previous employers and other professionals that you met in the computer science field to expand your chances of being hired for a job. Ask for referrals from companies that may be looking for new employees.
- Be Open to Feedback: when conversing with professional computer programmers who have experience in the field of data science, ask them questions about how you can improve your chances of finding a job and what you need to get better at doing to remain attractive to potential employers.
- Search for Jobs Online: albeit relatively useful in their heyday, long gone are the days of searching for jobs in newspapers and through word of mouth. How's that? Well, in 2021, most recent graduates and professionals recognise that to find the position of your dreams, you must search for it online on job-hunting websites.
In line with the last bullet point on the previous list of tips, the following are a few websites that will significantly help you find a job as a Python programmer:
Check out the job listings on the previously mentioned sites that are available in and around Manchester. We wish you the best in your future job search!
Hiring a Python Private Instructor in Manchester
To complement the learning process of becoming fluent in the Python coding language, it is a brilliant idea to hire a personal tutor that has experience teaching individuals the basics of Python. Private Python instructors have years of experience, excellent qualifications to back up their teaching skills and provide students with engaging classes.
But where does one find a personal Python instructor in Manchester? Superprof! With more than 16 million active tutors conducting 1000+ academic disciplines and topics of interest around the world, it's no surprise that Superprof has become one of the best websites to locate personal instructors that are available for both in-person and online classes.
For instance, there are currently 55 Python tutors offering entertaining and educational lessons to interested ones in the Manchester area. Prices are pretty reasonable per hour and flexible depending on the years of experience and qualifications a tutor might possess. For example, fees range from £10 to £100 per hour.
Whether you are a new Python coder or you have years of experience under your belt, there will always be aspects of code that you do not fully comprehend, and that is why it's a brilliant idea to hire a personal instructor.
In conclusion, learning Python in the Manchester area has never been so easy, thanks to the advice featured in today's article!
The platform that connects tutors and students