"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." -Jane Austen
If one of the most acclaimed and distinguished authors globally, the beloved Jane Austen, has written that staying at home is a source of great comfort, that must be the case!
Though most of us are tired of staying home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, during "normal" times, there is a sense of deep contentment and satisfaction that is experienced when a person is at their place of residence enjoying simple times with the people that they care about most in the whole world.
Nonetheless, it's worth stating that though the home is a sanctuary after a long day at the office and a place to weather the storm during weekends, there are various activities and topics of interest that can be learned from the confines of your flat. Moreover, with online education and courses, the sky is the limit to learning new things virtually, which means that you can acquire the fundamentals of anything with relative ease. Anything?
Yes, anything; even rollerskating!
Without further ado, in today's article, we'll take a look at how rollerskating can be learned with the guidance of a qualified professional without even having to leave the comfort of your place of residence.
Why Learn a New Skill at Home?
Since the start of the digital age that began some 20 years ago, people have been using the internet regularly to complete many different tasks that used to be accomplished in person. One of the most positive changes brought about by the era of computers is that due to webcams and videoconferencing platforms, we can now learn an abundance of information virtually.
The education industry has changed forever.
While some have warmly embraced change, others struggle to comprehend why learning online from the comfort of your home is an improvement. So, without further delay, the following are a few bulletproof reasons that show why it's a brilliant idea to acquire a new skill or learn something new from home:
- Flexible: instead of running off to a trade school or academic institute to learn something new as soon as you arrive home, virtual education makes acquiring the fundamentals of unique activities from home much more flexible. How's that? By hiring a private tutor that might specialise in rollerskating on a tutoring community website, you can choose a time that best suits your schedule.
- Embarrassment-free Learning: when learning a new sport like rollerskating that tends to be awkward initially, you might feel ashamed to practice your new skill in front of a group of people. So, to avoid any embarrassing situations that might cause you to abandon your recent activity altogether, you might want to try learning from home.
- Increases Productivity: instead of wasting your time watching reruns of the same TV show you've seen many times, learning a new skill at home allows you to chase away boredom and become more productive with your downtime.
- Adaptable Learning Pace: instead of relying on or waiting for other classmates to catch up to the material at hand, learning online from home allows you to take part in one-on-one classes and work at a learning pace best suited for you. If you want to take classes five times a week and your schedule permits you to do that, by all means, go ahead and do that!
With the previously mentioned reasons to consider that make learning something new from home a great option, you should go out and buy yourself a pair of rollerskates and get ready to practice on the street in front of your flat. But are there are any tips or steps that I should follow when learning to rollerskate from home? Of course, and that's why we recommend reading the following subheading!
Tips and Steps to Apply When Learning How to Rollerskate From Home
If you think that establishing the basics of rollerskating from home is a wild idea, you need to think again. Why's that? Well, because of social media trends that occurred last year, rollerskating exploded, and everyone wanted to learn. However, there was one problem: due to the pandemic, everyone was stuck at home. So, learning to rollerskate at home became the norm.
By following the advice of rollerskaters who learned the basics of skating from home during the pandemic, you can effectively prepare yourself for upcoming days of gliding through the streets on the pavement!
Without further delay, the following are a few tips and steps that are worth taking a look at if you're learning to rollerskate from home:
- Start Gradually: without putting too much pressure on yourself to instantly become the best rollerskater of all time, remember that the first few times you lace up your rollerskates at home, you won't be very successful. So, in the beginning, try standing and balancing yourself on a rug at home and slowly work yourself up to practising strides and braking.
- Don't Only Practice Alone: while it is true that the purpose of this article is to instruct people how to rollerskate at home, it's worth saying that if you only practice at home and not outdoors in roller discos with others, you will associate rollerskating as something more of a chore than a pleasant activity with friends.
By applying the previously mentioned tips, we are sure that you will learn how to rollerskate from home like a boss!
Creating Self Taught Rollerskating Lessons From Home
Teaching yourself how to rollerskate at home is an admirable thing. Why's that? Well, while most would consult group lessons in a public area or seek the advice of private online tutors, the results of self-taught studies rely entirely on the person, and that's a lot of responsibility.
Are there are any suggestions to create self-taught rollerskating lessons? Of course, there are! The following are a few helpful points to keep in mind:
- Watch YouTube Videos: since the creation of YouTube, we have created a dependence on learning new things via videos that we can easily watch, and the same can be said about rollerskating. Through YouTube videos, beginner rollerskaters can find helpful tricks and techniques that they can quickly implement themselves. Also, since there is such a fantastic variety, you can follow a YouTube channel with a host you enjoy watching.
- Read Valid Information: while maybe not as visually stimulating as a YouTube video, some books focus on the fundamentals of rollerskating and how you can teach yourself. Also, don't discount the helpful information that is featured on blogs.
Self-taught skateboarding courses are an exceptionally suggested option if you are still hooked to the idea of learning from home.
Acquiring the Basics of Rollerskating With a Tutor Online
As we have briefly touched on in today's article, one of the most common ways people learn new things nowadays is through online tuition on a videoconferencing platform such as Skype or Zoom. Whether physically demanding or not, any topic or academic discipline can be learned online with a private tutor.
So, it's worth mentioning that the possibility of learning to rollerskate online with a tutor located elsewhere is entirely possible. In addition, online private rollerskating lessons make learning from home much more entertaining than previously anticipated.
However, suppose you do decide to select the learn from home option with an online tutor. In that case, we remarkably suggest that you apply the following suggestions to ensure that your experience is a positive one that you will not soon forget:
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection,
- Purchase an HD webcam to guarantee that you see the teacher clearly and vice versa,
- Don't expect the personalised approach that is only available during face-to-face lessons,
- Find a spacious area that allows you to follow after your teacher and practice new rollerskating techniques.
While learning how to rollerskate from home isn't everyone's preferred option, it's an excellent solution for individuals who don't want to know home again after a long day at the office and those who like the privacy of acquiring new skills without others around.
But where does one find an online rollerskating tutor that could conduct class nearby? On a fantastic website known as Superprof! For the past few years, Superprof has established itself as an online tutoring community with millions of instructors conducting classes across various topics.
We remarkably suggest searching for online tutors that conduct rollerskating classes on Superprof. We assure you that you won't be disappointed with a Superprof instructor since they are adaptable, engaging, experienced, and ready to teach people of all skillsets. So hire a Superprof rollerskating tutor today!
In conclusion, learning to rollerblade from home isn't as complicated as you might have previously thought. If you're still not sure, you might as well try it for a few sessions; what do you have to lose? Nothing!
The platform that connects tutors and students