"Tennis is a hard sport. There is a lot of competition all year and you play alone." -Rafael Nadal
While it is true that achieving a level of success in any sport is a difficult feat, it is worth mentioning that tennis is one of the most complex sports that is played today. How's that? Well, Nadal put it pretty nicely in the opening quote.
Firstly, tennis doesn't ever really finish at a specific moment in the year, and there are competitions worldwide from January to December. But, at least in sports such as hockey, baseball, and American football, there is a season, and it stops for everyone for a couple of months.
Secondly, in team sports, whether you win or lose, you have the encouragement of your fellow teammates to get you through. However, in tennis, you mostly play alone, and if you are defeated, it's a very lonely feeling that is primarily your fault.
However, knowing that tennis is a demanding sport should in no way discourage you from feeling; remember, no pain, no gain! On the contrary, tennis is a complex sport to master makes it intriguing and worthwhile since you can spend your entire life honing your abilities. Also, a lot of fun is had from playing tennis since it is a great stress-reliever and positively contributes to your physical health.
So, without further delay, we shall look at where persons can take tennis lessons with professional instructors in UK based cities such as London, Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow, and Birmingham.
Tennis Lessons in London
Learning tennis is a fulfilling journey since the more you dedicate to the sport, the more improvement you will see. For example, most tennis champs and experts will tell you that some fundamental tips and tricks to get better include regularly practising, working on your ready stance, and keeping your eyes fixed on the ball no matter where it may go on the court.
Another fabulous piece of advice to consider when learning tennis is that taking coaching sessions with an experienced tennis instructor will more quickly help you improve. But, where can I engage in tennis lessons in London? Look no further than the three following spots:
- Will to Win: boasting various tennis courts across different parts of London, the Will to Win tennis club rents out courts and provides coaching to beginners, improvers, intermediates, and advanced tennis players. Training sessions are available seven days a week.
- LTA Agency: the LTA is an organisation that oversees tennis-playing across the United Kingdom; therefore, by checking out their website, you will be able to locate which tennis clubs and venues are currently hosting courses at a time most convenient for you. Use the LTA Rally software to check out tennis locations and procedures available.
- Bodyswot Tennis: mainly located in Chelsea, London, the Bodyswot Tennis Club has year-round courses offered to children, teenagers, and adults who want to refresh their tennis abilities. The Bodyswot Tennis Club has an LTA accreditation, and its coaches are highly trained professionals.
By checking out any of the previously mentioned options, your skills will most definitely improve on the tennis court.
Tennis Lessons in Leeds
Suppose you decided against taking the traditional route of learning tennis at a qualified club. Instead, you prefer to try hiring a private instructor from a trusted online tutoring community. In that case, we think it's a brilliant idea. However, before hiring the first tennis instructor you find, you should create a small checklist highlighting the essential things you are looking for in a tennis tutor. Such as? The following are some characteristics that should help guide your tennis instructor search:
- Reputable qualifications,
- Years of experience,
- Good communication skills,
- Ability to teach many different age groups.
If you can see some or all of the previously mentioned aspects on a tutor's profile page, you've found yourself a new tennis instructor.
However, if you are a citizen of Leeds and you decide to take the traditional and highly successful route of taking part in coaching sessions at a tennis club, the following are two places that are worth checking out:
- North Leeds Tennis Coaching: the North Leeds club provides coaching to tennis players of all ages and experience levels. Having been in operation for over 20 years, the North Leeds Tennis Coaching has garnered a reputation of excellence. Some tennis services offered at North Leeds include individual coaching, hitting only sessions, kids' lessons, and tennis-specific fitness courses.
- Roundhay Tennis Club: boasting a 4.9 out of a 5-star review on Google according to many studies, the Roundhay Tennis Club is a favourite amongst tennis learners from Leeds. The coaching programmes are available throughout the year, and there are many camps offered to children and teens during their summer holidays.
Albeit we sincerely doubt that the previously mentioned options won't meet your standards, you could consider finding a tennis instructor on the Superprof site.
Tennis Lessons in Manchester
If you want to learn more about tennis, an excellent recommendation is to watch how the professionals play against each other. And, if you're going to support local, you might consider watching UK tennis greats such as Andy Murray, Virginia Wade, and Tim Henman videos on Youtube to learn from their techniques and playing style.
Nonetheless, while watching YouTube videos and competitive tennis competitions is excellent for learners, there is something even better: taking lessons. Through tennis coaching, amateur tennis players learn about what it takes to get better and drastically improve their skills.
The following are the best tennis clubs in the Manchester area to improve abilities as quickly as possible:
- The Northern: located in the north of Manchester, The Northern is a famous and well-established tennis club that has often been referred to as the "Wimbledon of the north." There are coaching times available for persons of all ages and levels. Adulting tennis lessons are broken into three tiers: the starter, the club, and the team.
- Monton Sports Club: another fantastic tennis club in the Manchester area with great one-on-one tennis lessons is the Monton Sports Club. The Monton Sports club has been around since the 1900s and has competitive men's and women's games hosted annually. In addition, the Monton SC includes programs such as summer camps, adult coaching, junior coaching, and private lessons.
Take a look at the Manchester-based tennis instructors on Superprof that conduct in-person and online lessons if you want a more personalised approach.
Tennis Lessons in Glasgow
Whether you're a big fan of watching sports on TV or not, if you are learning tennis, there are a few major worldwide tennis competitions that you should be taking a look at to learn from the players' techniques and styles. The four major "Grand Slam" tennis events take place at different times throughout the calendar year and are as follows:
- The Australian Open,
- The French Open,
- The US Open.
After watching the world's greatest tennis stars give it their all, you'll be inclined to take your tennis learning journey more seriously and take lessons at the following Glasgow-based tennis clubs:
- Newlands Lawn Tennis Club: located on the Southside of Glasgow, the Newlands Lawn Tennis Club has some of the best facilities in the UK. The expert coaches can teach students of all ages more about the basics of tennis. Offering both indoor and outdoor courts to tennis learners, students at the Newlands Lawn Tennis Club have the option to take coaching lessons all year round.
- Western Health and Racquets Club: a suitable club for taking tennis lessons that will suit the entire family; the Western Health and Racquets Club offers tournaments, court rentals, junior coaching, adult coaching, social tennis, and cardio tennis, to name a few of the options available.
There are fantastic in-person and online tennis instructors in the Glasgow area available on the Superprof site!
Tennis Lessons in Birmingham
If you're still on edge about whether or not you should learn tennis, it's worth stating that there are some fantastic benefits to taking tennis lessons. Such as? The following are a few motives:
- It's a social sport where friendships are made,
- Tennis is a sport that can be played throughout an entire lifetime,
- Regularly playing tennis is a fantastic way to relieve stress.
So, if you're now convinced, and you're living in the Birmingham area, the following are some fantastic tennis clubs where lessons can be taken:
- Moseley Tennis Club: boasting a motto of "The friendliest tennis club in Birmingham", you are sure to enjoy your tennis training at the Moseley Tennis Club. Boasting beautiful courts located downtown, Moseley has plenty of content active members who rent courts at their own time or are embarking on coaching sessions such as adult courses, junior lessons, or cardio lessons.
- David Lloyd Tennis Clubs: a chain of health clubs situated across other parts of Europe and the United Kingdom, the David Lloyd Tennis club in Birmingham has excellent facilities to learn tennis. For instance, there are both indoor and outdoor courts, and the tennis coaching sessions are conducted by experienced tennis instructors who care a lot about the success of their students.
In conclusion, it's worth stating that there are so many fantastic tennis locales across the United Kingdom that make honing skills much more possible than previously anticipated. We hope you sincerely enjoy your tennis lessons!
The platform that connects tutors and students