"The internet could be a very positive step towards education, organisation and participation in a meaningful society." -Noam Chomsky
Most trends that were created and invented on the internet were completed with the most sincere intentions. Most software developers had ideas of uniting and joining the world together through online activities. And, albeit a problematic and poisonous place at times, we can't stop using the internet since we have become accustomed to the services it offers.
For instance, by utilising the internet, we can make purchases that get shipped to our door, we can do our online banking, we can talk with family members and friends that are located thousands of miles away, and best of all, we can learn new academic disciplines or topics of interest.
Thanks to the internet, during the COVID-19 pandemic, students worldwide were still able to study and learn new things when everything shut down around them. Also, it's worth stating that even before the coronavirus pandemic, pupils were immensely enjoying virtual lessons to learn or brush up on a variety of new professional skills.
Persons can become qualified via online training courses and programmes that either take place full-time or part-time.
Therefore, let's focus on how interested learners across the UK can pick up a computer programming language such as Python online without further delay.
Reasons to Learn Things Online
For a few years now, ever since online tuition became more popular, there has been a debate about which type of learning is best: virtual or face-to-face. While the traditional, in-person method will always exist, it's important to state that some important reasons defend virtual learning and make it appear a superior choice. Such as?
The following are a few reasons why you should learn academic disciplines or topics of interest online:
- Learning is Comfortable: many of the stresses related to education are the result of the pressures and anxiety experienced at the learning establishment. The forces to fit in and the strains of meeting new people cause stress and make learning new things uncomfortable. So, the solution is online education. Through virtual classes, a student learns in a way that suits them in the comfort of their own home.
- Learning is Flexible: online education is a wonder because both the student and the tutor can set their preferences to the overall pace of learning. Both parties can choose a time to study that fits their schedule and select what they wish to learn during the lessons.
- Learning is Accessible: with an internet connection, your laptop, and yourself, you can take classes from anywhere in the world; that is the joy of online learning. Since virtual education is so accessible, you don't have to travel from home to your school and take part in a strict schedule of classes that don't work for you.
After considering the three previously mentioned advantages of online education, it's easy to understand why many educators claim virtual learning is the future.
It's important to state that the learning acquisition style that you choose entirely depends on personal preferences. If you can't decide between learning Python in-person or online, we highly recommend trying both methods out since they equally have their pros and cons.
The Best Online Python Courses for UK-based Learners
With so many online course programmes across a broad spectrum of topics, it may seem like an overwhelming feat to select only one course that will suit your academic needs. So, to make the selection process more attainable from the beginning, one must refine their search and be selective.
Without further ado, the Superprof experts have searched the web to find trustworthy and highly recommended Python courses that can be taken virtually. So let's take a look at them!
Conducting data science and computer programming courses virtually across major UK cities, PCWorkshops is a solid competitor and suggested site to visit when considering the basics of Python.
The following are some of the different PCWorkshops Python classes:
- Part-Time: Python Programming "Taster" Webinar, 3 hours, Virtual Classroom,
- Part-Time: Python Programming Basics Course, 6-Weeks, Evening, Virtual Classroom,
- Full Time: Python Programming Basics Course, 3-Days, Virtual Classroom,
- Full Time: Python UnitTest Automated Testing Course, 1-day, Virtual Classroom,
- Full Time: Python Programming Basics Course, 1-day Crossover for Coders, Virtual Classroom,
- Intermediate: Python Programming For Data Analysis Course, 2-days, Virtual Classroom,
Python Machine Learning Course, 2-days, Virtual Classroom.
PCWorkshops are fantastic seminars that have equipped many students with the skills they need to be proficient in Python code.
Also located in the UK, the Learning People courses are designed for persons who want to develop their knowledge in data science, IT, and computer science.
The courses offered in Python coding are conducted virtually and help pupils "understand a wide range of interrelated topics such as working with complex data types or hashing and encryption algorithms."
There are no prerequisites to joining the Learning People's Python course, and the following is a bit of information about it:
- 55 hours of class time,
- There is one examination,
- You are provided with student support,
- You will receive a certification in the Python coding language.
For what are you waiting? Sign up today!
Known throughout the IT world for offering magnificent computer programming courses, Data Camp has a few Python-related methods that beginner, intermediate, and even advanced coders should look at.
The following are some of the virtual Python courses offered to UK-based students on Data Camp:
- Introduction to Python,
- Intermediate Python,
- Introduction to Data Science in Python,
- Python Data Science Toolbox Parts 1 & 2.
By looking at the available courses in Python on Data Camp, you are amplifying your skillset.
Finding a Python Programming Job Online
Whether you like using the internet or have difficulty getting used to the concepts of technology, it's worth stating that the world wide web is here to stay, and you are competent to get with the times and fully embrace the way things are being handled online.
Simple things that used to be done without technology, such as learning, investing, banking, shopping, and socialising, are now easier and more accessible thanks to our favourite web browser that acts as our portal to the interweb. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that finding jobs is now completed online.
Nonetheless, for those who aren't too familiar with what it's like to search for jobs using the internet, many concerns might exist as to how safe it is and what could potentially happen. So, are there any tips and tricks to maintain the process of searching for a Python coding job successful? Of course!
The following are some suggestions to keep the online job search victorious, no matter what type of employment position you are applying for:
- Only Use Recommended Sites: to avoid fraud, being scammed, and getting overwhelmed by how many job sites are available, it's best to focus on a few websites that you know you'll have success. For example, most job postings on Indeed or Reed are usually trustworthy.
- Have an Online Portfolio: by using sites such as Linkedin to create a virtual presence, potential employers will be able to notice your resume, cover letter, accreditations, and past employers; this improves your chances of being called back for an interview.
- Only Apply for Jobs That Match Your Style: instead of going crazy and applying for every job position out there, it's best to focus your search on jobs you are qualified for. Remember that employers want candidates to have specific skills and expertise, so they'll notice right away if you're not eligible for the job.
By applying the previously mentioned suggestions, your search process for a job online as a Python coder will be made much more accessible. But, which job hunting sites should I take a look at? The following are some highly recommended job finding online resources:
By using the internet to search for your next job, you're setting yourself up for success, and your future dream job slowly becomes more of a reality.
Hiring an Online Python Coding Tutor
While you might be tempted to hire a personal educator that is near your place of residence for face-to-face training sessions, have you considered hiring an online tutor that is located elsewhere? The following are some excellent motives that make hiring an online Python tutor a great idea:
- More options available,
- Possibility of finding a more affordable rate,
- Higher chances of locating a tutor that suits your exact needs.
But, where does one find an online tutor that specialises in Python programming? The answer is simple: Superprof. With over 16 million tutors worldwide that offer courses in 1000+ topics, Superprof has become an industry leader in private online tuition.
According to the most recent estimates of Superprof, there are currently 687 Python instructors available for hire and that conduct virtual lessons across the UK. So if you choose to learn Python online with a Superprof tutor, you won't be disappointed since they are engaging, educational, affordable, and well-intentioned.
In conclusion, learning how to become skilled at Python coding is possible online, and we remarkably suggest that you try out something new.
The platform that connects tutors and students