I like to tailor the lessons to the student's personal goals, provide structure and encouraging feedback.
Here are some specific topics I can cover:
Playing over chord changes
Improving your time
Learning jazz standards
Playing more rhythmically
Expanding your chord vocabulary
Help and guidance on transcription
Understanding jazz theory
How to use major modes and melodic minor modes
How to use arpeggios and chord tones
Preparing for auditions
Getting a good tone
*ONLINE LESSONS - Skype/zoom etc
*CHOOSE TIME - 1hr, 45mins or 30mins (£32, £25, £17)
*10% BLOCK BOOKING DISCOUNT
*BEGINNER to INTERMEDIATE
*ALL AGES WELCOME
*GRADE TUITION AVAILABLE
I am a guitarist with great experience performing in a variety of styles and with a wide repertoire. I am currently completing my Guildhall Artists Fellowship in jazz, after doing a four year undergrad degree in jazz performance for which I achieved a First Class. I have been teaching the guitar for nearly two years in a specialist music school for children. I am DBS checked.
2020 - Guildhall Artist Fellowship (Jazz)
Sept 2020 – BMus (Hons) Jazz Guitar, graduated with First Class from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Chetham’s School of Music
March 2018 – December 2019:
Classical guitar and theory tutor at Bellenden School (ages 8-11). From beginner to grade 2 levels.
- BBC Young Jazz Musician Semi Finalist, September 2020.
- Let’s hear it for the Girls - an evening showcasing some of the most impressive female voices of the West End at Zedel's, in aid of the Maya Centre, January 2020.
- Curated and promoted a jazz night at Hoxton Underbelly featuring her own jazz quintet, 25th November, 2019.
- Performance at the Queen Convention with Queen tribute act Fat Bottomed Girls, 5th October 2019.
- O2 Shepard’s Bush Empire with Blanco White supporting Roo Panes, 21st June 2018.
- O2 Academy Oxford supporting Black Honey, 14th May 2018.
- Blanco White’s 2018 spring tour of the EU and UK.
- The official electric guitar/mandolin/bass/acoustic guitar dep in the WEST END Olivier award-winning production ‘Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour’ in the Duke of York’s Theatre, summer 2017.
- Electric guitar/acoustic guitar/mandolin chair for Italia Conti’s production of Bright Lights, Big City, 22nd-24th Nov 2018.
- Performed in jazz ensembles: LSO St Luke’s lunchtime concert the Americas: Pioneering Music from the New World Nov 2016.
- September 2016 “21st Century Pastoral” concert at the Barbican Concert Hall with the Iain Ballamy, the Guildhall jazz orchestra and chorus
Emily is an outstanding musician, songwriter and teacher. In her teaching she is able to bring together all her knowledge to widen anyone’s horizon and is able to guide you through the process of understanding and applying the new knowledge. Her lessons will transform your playing.
Emily is a great guitarist and teacher. She is reliable and very kind. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a guitar teacher. She plays a number of different genres.
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest electric guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, jazz guitar lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£32||Not available||£32|
|5 hours||£144||Not available||£160|
|10 hours||£288||Not available||£320|