I prefer to teach through discussions, where you have the opportunity to ask questions on particular topics and we work through them together. Similarly, I can create revision guides for you and we can go through them together (whatever you are comfortable with).
As a tutor, my aim is to build upon your knowledge and demonstrate to you how you can use that knowledge to hit the assessment objectives in order for you to get top marks in the exam, although I don't expect you to know everything, you should have some level of understanding in the subject you aim to be tutored in.
I am currently an A-level student at Brampton Manor Academy after having received grades 7-9 (A to A*) at GCSE. I’ m also predicted grades A* A* A for A-levels.
I can teach pupils in years below me (year 13) to a standard that is clear, using the A* knowledge and resources given to me at my current sixth form.
GCSE price: £10 per hour
A-level price: £20 per hour
-ignore the discounted rates given by superprof
East London based T: +44(0) (concealed information) | E: (concealed information)
My name is Ariette, I was born in São Tomé and besides English, I can speak Portuguese and Spanish. I took Sociology, Economics, Politics and Religious Studies at AS Level at Brampton Manor Academy and received grades: AABB. I am now studying Sociology, Politics and Religious Studies at A level and I’m predicted to get: A*A*A. I am keen to go on to study Philosophy at Cambridge University and develop on my understanding of reality, the self, ethics and many more.
GCSEs: 1 A**, 2 A*s, 5 As and 3 Bs (subjects include English Language and Mathematics)
Core skills from work experience:
● Able to greet and support clients over the phone
● Able to manage receptions and greet clients
● Able to translate from Portuguese to English and vice versa
● Able to debate and express my ideas in a cohesive way
● Able to pitch goods and services to clients effectively
Work Experience/key Roles:
● Perera & Co 2018-19 - An immigration and Asylum law firm which helped me realise that I want to go into a career sector related to law.
● Volunteered at Spitalfields Crypt Trust - A charity shop that helps homeless people and people suffering from addictions.
● Raised £185.92 for Micro Tyco (a charity that helps entrepreneurs in developing countries) by selling muffins and cookies.
● Reading buddy and mentor to a year 7
● Mentored by a corporate lawyer at Clifford Chance
Key Achievements from Work Experience:
● Made me more mature and professional
● Learnt how to print, photocopy, scan, write professional emails and fill applications
● Improved my ability to network
● On a personal level, I’ve become more resilient and patient
Perfect! Excellent tutor! She was very thorough and took careful measures in planning the lessons, helping me grasp complex concepts within Philosophy that I had previously struggled with or had forgotten.
sociology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, politics lessons for all!
Taking religious studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||£45||Not available||£50|
|10 hours||£95||Not available||£100|