I am a qualified Brazilian teacher. In 2009 I started teaching Portuguese as a foreign language and since then I have dedicated myself to obtaining the best possible results for my students in the teaching-learning process.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Brazilian Portuguese language to adults. I am a specialist in this subject. I believe that to learn a language should be an enjoyable process and I always include in my lessons activities related to individual interests of the students.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a qualified Brazilian Teacher. I hold a BA (hons) degree in Languages (Portuguese and English) from Universidade Federal do Paraná (Brazil).
- How much do you charge?
For lessons in my place in Shepherds Bush:
£30 for 1 hour.
£35 for 1½ hour.
£40 for 2 hours.
For lessons in the student's house/office:
£45 for 1 hour.
£50 for 1½ hour.
£55 for 2 hours.
For online lessons:
£30 for 1 hour (beginners).
£40 for 1 hour (intermediate and advanced).
- Where do you teach?
Lessons can be:
- in my place in Shepherd's Bush (I am just opposite Shepherd's Bush Tube Station on the Central Line)
- in your house/office in and around London: Richmond, Central London, High Street Kensington, Hammersmith, Notting Hill Gate, Paddington, etc.
- online via Skype
- When are you available?
I work from Monday to Saturday from 9am to 9pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I only teach adults.
I teach from complete beginner to advanced levels. I also prepare students to take the Celpe-Bras exam in London.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare students to take the Celpe-Bras exam in London.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
When we learn a foreign language we do not just learn how to put words together to make a sentence and say something meaningful; we learn the way people talk, the way people live and the way people think. Learning a language opens the horizons of a person. It is a great asset not only in a career scenario but also on one's personal life.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Since 2009 I have been teaching Portuguese as a foreign language to adults on a one-to-one basis. I have been teaching from complete beginner to advanced levels and also preparing students for the Celpe-Bras exam in London.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I do not have a DBS. I only work with adults.
• BA (Hons) Languages - Portuguese/English
Perfect! very much appreciating Solange helping me with my Portuguese - all in Portuguese, which is great, and following my requests really helpfully.
Catherine is an advanced student who just needs some guidance in some small problems related to different aspects of the language. It has been a pleasure to work with her and assist her in these issues.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|