The sessions are for undergraduate, graduate students in Veterinary Science or professionals in the field interested in learning more.
I usually like to use didactic and more practical classes to stimulate and not be so tedious.
I normally like to challenge the student to learn more.
I'm a Vet and also a Master and Doctorate in Agricultural Engineering.
I am passionate about chickens and I love teaching about this magical world of poultry.
I started lecturing in 2015 graduate students in Veterinary Science from Brazil.
The subjects taught are Poultry, Poultry Diseases, Swine Management and Bioclimatology.
- Career Experience
Eville and Jones, Leeds, UK (2019 – 2020)
Meat Hygiene Inspector
Facilitate a high standard of examination and inspection of bovine, ovine and swine carcasses in various abattoirs, to guarantee all meat is being produced safely and in accordance with relevant UK laws. Analyse animals and poultry for ID and inspect carcasses to identify any diseases present. Evaluate cold stores and processing plants for compliance with appropriate health & safety procedures. Accurately record and collate data to produce in-depth reports on inspections completed.
• Guaranteed the highest animal welfare standards through detailed inspections of overall care and safety in transportation.
• Recommended actions to be implemented immediately following identification of any health and safety issues on site.
• Continually researched current regulations to keep abreast of any changes and directly advise companies to meet compliance.
Oaklands Farm Eggs, Shrewsbury, UK (2018)
Full accountability for management of one barn of laying hens for one of the biggest egg producers in the UK. Applied a cage-free system to oversee all elements of the barn from daily mortality to biosecurity, feeding orders, water control and weekly weighing. Captured comprehensive data for Hy-Line UK, the leading genetics company in producing and distributing chicks, to contribute to production graphs and continue to meet high the company’s high breed standards.
• Implemented robust environmental controls for health & safety to observe the behaviour of laying hens and identify disease.
• Recommended changes to ventilation, light levels, unit design, temperature and length of litter, which resulted hens laying in cages rather than unit floor.
• Conceptualised a new design for senior management of the company to eliminate chicks being caught in the feeding system.
Eville and Jones, Leeds, UK (2018)
Meat Hygiene Inspector
Performed a similar comprehensive role to current position within various abattoirs to inspect both bovine and ovine carcasses.
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK 2017
Assistant Researcher (visitor student under Brazilian scholarship)
Secured a 6-month placement at the Animal Behaviour and Welfare Group at Bristol Veterinary School to expand on research career, whilst contributing to projects within the university and externally with UK and European corporate clients.
• Travelled to Vencomatic Group Netherlands to assess broiler chickens for animal behaviour and welfare in a patio system.
• Phased the project into two with a background pre-visit to evaluate birds in a normal environment before loading, and depopulation visit at catch and load stage.
• Assigned to Cargill to assess broiler chicken carcasses in different stages of the broiler house process, observing bruises and fractures before distribution to the abattoir.
Max Planck College, São Paulo, Brazil (2015 – 2018)
Lecturer in Veterinary Science
Planned, prepared and delivered courses on Poultry Science and Management, Poultry Disease, Swine Science and Bioclimatology for university students. Direct in teaching students the practical aspects of the production process whilst overseeing the barn of laying hens.
• Took ownership of managing the Poultry Farm School and improved student skills and knowledge using practical lessons.
• Selected as a member of the Ethics Committee in the use of animals to provide avenues for public participation in regulating animal research.
• Successfully planned and organised the annual Academic Veterinary Week event as a member of the student committee.
Santa Terezinha Farming, São Paulo, Brazil (2012)
Provided clinical support for a range of small animals with direct involvement in surgery routines for neutering pets, applying vaccines and dental hygiene. Sustained health & safety with daily cleaning and sterilising of operating rooms and coordination of medical equipment.
Aviagen, São Paulo, Brazil – Trainee 2011 – 2012
Holambra Cooperative, São Paulo, Brazil – Trainee 2011
The University of Campinas (Unicamp), São Paulo, Brazil – Intro to Scientific Research 2009 – 2011
Ph.D. in Agricultural Engineering in the Rural Construction and Environment 2015 – 2019
The University of Campinas (Unicamp), São Paulo, Brazil
Research Project: Use of environmental enrichment to improve leg disorders and animal welfare in broiler chickens.
Masters in Agricultural Engineering in the Rural Construction and Environment 2013 – 2015
The University of Campinas (Unicamp), São Paulo- Brazil (2013- 2015)
Won the ‘Lamas Award’ in a congress called FACTA in Brazil 2014 for a project to improve the diagnosis of leg disorders in broiler chicken.
B.Sc. in Veterinary Science 2007 – 2011
Centro Universitário de Jaguariúna (UNIFAJ), São Paulo, Brazil
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest anatomy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, veterinary studies lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|