My teaching method is mainly based on the Task Based Learning approach, in which the topic is introduced and then the pupil's understanding is developed through the completion of tasks, as I find the most effective form of learning is applying the target knowledge.
I am a second year Maths student at the University of Bristol with intermittent experience in tutoring for approximately four years, especially tutoring GCSE Maths and Physics during my A levels, where I personally achieved an A* in Mathematics and an A in Physics.
I am a second year Mathematics student at the University of Bristol looking for a part-time job with additional hours over the summer during my degree. I have experience working in retail, and enjoy the challenge of interacting with customers, assisting them, and providing the best customer service possible. In addition to this, my previous coaching experience allows me to communicate and effectively pass on knowledge to others, helping with learning and teaching. As an approachable, friendly individual I have enjoyed working in a team and always aim to perform tasks to a high standard.
- Second year Mathematics BSc student at the University of Bristol (2016-Present)
- 4 A-Levels at Hereford Sixth Form College (2014-2016):
Further Mathematics (B)
- 13 GCSEs at Ysgol Gyfun Gwynllyw (2009-2014): (8A*, 5A)
Including A* in Mathematics and A in English Language.
- Customer Service Assistant at Waitrose (2017-2018)
Developed customer service and teamwork skills while gaining a reputation for versatility and adaptability in the workplace while delivering a high level of customer satisfaction. Duties included handling cash, carrying out a variety of tasks under time restraints, dealing with customer queries and communicating with a team to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Survey Assistant at Davies’s Surveys (Summer 2014 and 2016)
Performed advanced measurements and learnt and operated unfamiliar operating systems including Total System and very basic CAD. Showed the ability to work alone, as well as developing one to one communication skills due to spending a majority of time working in pairs. Duties included handling and operating fragile and delicate equipment, taking accurate measurements, and working individually and in a pair.
- Work experience as a General Assistant at Gateway Cycles (2013)
Spent two weeks gaining work experience as a sales assistant at a local bike shop. Demonstrated customer support skills as well as assisting in the workshop with organisation, as well as the assembly of new bicycles.
- Fluent in both English and Welsh, with general proficiency and understanding of Spanish.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, as well as a general ability to adapt and learn new programs quickly.
- Able to quickly and efficiently source reliable information from the internet.
- Good problem solving skills, as shown by a continuing dedication to Mathematics.
- Strong communication skills, with good customer service abilities, developed through my previous retail experience in front facing roles
Hobbies and Interests
- I am an avid cyclist who has been racing for over 10 years in various disciplines, including road, track, mountain biking, and cyclocross, including representing Wales for cyclocross. Within my club I have volunteered regularly over the years, mainly as a coach for younger riders, allowing me to develop communication and teaching skills.
- Alongside cycling, I have an interest in many other sports, as a regular runner and occasional swimmer, as well as following many other sports such as rugby union.
- I spend much of my free time not reading, with a general focus in fantasy and science fiction, but with a broad range, including biographies and historical reading.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£8||£8|