I tend to be better at teaching GCSE level mathematics but wouldn’t find A level too difficult to explain. My teaching style is to give an overview of the concept, make sure it is understandable, and give a range of examples to test a student’s knowledge. Exceptions to the rule and applications are also discussed for a well-rounded grasp of the subject.
I am a student currently studying BSc Mathematics at university, having achieved an A* in both my GCSE and A level qualifications. I have spent time mentoring secondary school students on understanding mathematical concepts and applying them to exam-style questions. I can correspond by email for convenience.
(2018-2022) Aston University, Birmingham, UK – BSc (Hons) Mathematics (with placement year)
• Honours degree with accreditation by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) developing understanding of mathematical processes and their uses in technology through modules such as: Mathematical Algorithms, Statistical Machine Learning, Network Science, and Game Theory, among others.
• Member of the Mathletes society.
(2016-2018) Q3 Academy Sixth Form, Great Barr, UK
• A Levels: Mathematics (A*), English Language and Literature (A*), and Religious Studies (A).
• AS Level: Mathematics (A), English Language and Literature (B).
• Future Learn certificate in Cryptarithms and Symbologies from the Weizmann Institute of Science and Davidson Institute of Science Education.
• Prefect responsibilities – welcoming at events, delivering guided tours, etc.
(2011-2016) Q3 Academy, Great Barr, UK
• 11 GCSEs (grades A*-A) including Mathematics and English Language.
• BCS Level 2 ECDL Certificate in IT Application Skills (QCF), including the improvement of productivity using IT and the extended applications of presentation, spreadsheet and word processing software.
(2018-2018) Zurich Insurance PLC, Birmingham, UK – Work Experience (1 week)
• Experienced user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, with knowledge of advanced features in the former two and functions in the latter.
• Working knowledge of MATLAB and its uses in developing applications and graphing complex models.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||Not available|