My teaching method is to first understand the student, mainly his/her strengths and weaknesses. This will bring an understanding of what topics I should teach the students. I prefer making every student do a mock exam and to correct their mistakes. If correcting doesn't support the student's skill enough, I would want to cover the whole topic to bring the best possible understanding of the content.
I am currently a student at Nottingham Trent University and will soon begin my final year from October. I have experience in supporting new University students to settle and adjust to the academic style of the University and I have been very supportive, with every student fully understanding of how they should balance their studies with their personal life.
Moreover, I have had a week of work experience of being an assistant teacher in a Primary school, including supporting an underdeveloped in reading, writing and numbers.
I am willing to travel a maximum of 8 miles as I won't be charging for the cost of travelling.
Presentations during A level business has enhanced my communication skills as I had to express my ideas in a powerful and a clear way. I am an individual who is willing to put 100% effort in any given task and work on multiple tasks at once. In addition, my key strengths are solving problems which stems from taking accountancy as an A level. I have no criminal convictions and would pass an advanced DBS/CRB check. I am willing to work unsocial hours and am very flexible.
• Good communication skills
When I had my work experience in Loxley House, there was a presentation I needed to present based on the Nottingham City Council with only a day to prepare.
• Excellent customer service
I have worked in Tesco stores when working for Cordant Security. I had come across situations where I have helped customers with their problems in the store when staff members weren’t available.
In one of the group presentations, I was the group leader. In this role, I had to complete paperwork as well as ensure that all tasks were completed by me and the members that were allocated their certain tasks.
• Team working
I have worked in a group with Loxley House, given tasks that we worked on together such as research. Also, I have been supportive in group presentations at my University which requires communication and effort.
Cordant Security March 2017 – April 2018
• Worked in a security agency that work with Tesco.
Windmill Primary School, Nottingham October 2015 – January 2016
• Taught Urdu to children aged 7 on Saturdays.
Windmill Primary School, Nottingham July 2015
• Worked as an assistant teacher to year 2 children.
• Taught children to read, and supported children with special learning needs
Nottingham Academy December 2012
• Planned and delivered a basketball coaching session to a group of 13 year olds.
• Developing techniques to persuade the children to concentrate and give their best.
• When the students misbehaved, I disciplined them and my methods proved successful.
Pakistan Centre, Woodborough Road, Nottingham June 2012
• Answered the phone in reception which enabled me to boost my communication skills.
• Designed posters to display information about the Centre for visitors.
Nottingham Academy March 2012
• Covered for a teacher's P.E. lesson which shows that I am much organised.
• Coached groups of 6 year old children to play a variety of ball games.
• It was challenging communicating with them as several children had difficulties with English yet it was a truly rewarding experience and we all enjoyed the session.
Education and Qualifications
Nottingham Trent University September 2017 – June 2021
Degree in Business Management with Accounting and Finance
• Financial Management
• Corporate Financial Analysis
• Accounting in its Organisational Context
• International Business
• Marketing Management
• Managing and Organising
• Group presentations
Skills based on the course:
Learning Curve Group September 19th 2016 – October 19th 2016
SIA – Door Supervisor training and badge (License ID – 1016 2958 2688 2502)
Driving License August 22nd 2016
Nottingham Academy September 2014 – June 2016
• Business studies (diploma) – Distinction Distinction (AA)
• Business studies (subsidiary diploma) – Merit (C)
• Health and Social (subsidiary diploma) – Distinction (A)
Nottingham Academy September 2011 – June 2014
16 GCSE’s grades A-C including
Maths – B
English – C
Islamic Studies – B
Urdu - B
Sport – Merit (B)
Business – Merit (B)
ICT – Distinction (A)
Hobbies & Interests
• I have been fascinated by travel and learning about other cultures and I would like to continue to explore other countries, possibly Thailand or Japan.
• For several years, I have had a steadily growing interest in politics.
Sian Hancox (Role)
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||Not available|