My approach is always to research what the student is looking for and to come up with an agreed Teaching plan that covers all the areas required in a dove-tailed fashion. Also to bring in real-life experiences of problems faced and solutions applied in tricky business situations and the necessary Business English required to feel comfortable and in control of the process.
I am a Business graduate from a London University and qualified CIMA Accountant (ACMA) who was involved with 3 public companies as CEO, CFO & COO and ran, bought, sold and turned-around multiple successful businesses, some of which had public share listings. I am also TEFL 150 HR qualified and digitally trained.
Name: Jon Hale
Personal attributes and skills
• Good communicator with down to earth attitude
• Patient and friendly teacher
• TEFL 150 HR qualified and London University Business graduate
• Strong commercial, analytical and financial background (ACMA / CIMA)
• Digitally trained - own and manage a small digital agency
Jan 2018 – present teach ESL to a handful of students privately via on-line calls and also Business English via Superprof.
July 2012 – present founded figadigital.com providing across digital services:
• Web design, build and hosting
• Google software experts - Ads, Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console
• SEO and Organic SEO
• Visual engagement and animated clips
• Digital advice and marketing overview
July 2005 – 2012 providing digital, consultancy services and Ned COO roles in the following areas:
• Digital Strategy & Growth – offered digital services to a number of digital businesses, to include Mrray Ltd, the No1 global e-retailer of corsets (corset-story.com), with a turnover of £8m
• Corporate finance
o Assisted in an IPO that owned a music festival (fiberfib.com) on the AIM market raising £6.5m of new money along with £12m of option agreements for existing shareholders
o orchestrated the sale of Cash Point Machines Ltd to DirectCash Payments Inc (directcash.net) for £2.2m cash
Mean Fiddler Music Group plc – November 2001 to July 2005 – Group Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer – reporting to Chairman – sales circa £50m – staff of 350 – Quoted on AIM market
Mean Fiddler was a highly reputable integrated music business that owned and managed music festivals, live music venues, international touring and other media. Assets were Reading and Leeds festivals, Glastonbury festival, European Tours of acclaimed artists, Doctor Music Spain, MPG Germany and live music venues Astoria, Jazz Café, Mean Fiddler, Forum, and Borderline.
Achievements and responsibilities - overview
• Drove and completed successfully the sale in July 2005 of Mean Fiddler Music Group plc to Clear Channel, Inc for £48m cash including new money
• Increased the market capitalisation in three years from £6m to £38m
• Developed three-year Digital and re-structuring strategy with Chairman; successfully completed end of 2004
• Oversaw a review of the business, implementing a Digital business plan for the digitalisation of revenue, as well as the disposal of non-core assets, acquiring and developing new profitable assets, and in so returning the group to a net profit after taxation of £4.3m in 2005 (2002: net losses of £7.5m)
• Reversed meanfiddler.com into Mean Fiddler Music plc, quoted on AIM in December 2011
The Old Monk Company plc - October 1996 to November 2001 – CFO and COO - sales circa £35m – staff of 425 people – Quoted on Aim market
Old Monk was a rapidly expanding pub group consisting of managed branded retail units under the names of ‘Old Monk’ or ‘The Springbok Sports Bar’. Old Monk had sales of £35m, employed 650 people nationally and achieved average yearly earnings growth of 37% over five years.
Achievements and responsibilities - overview
• Developed five year Strategy with MD. Increased market capitalisation from £3m to £23m in three years
• Responsible for flotation on AIM in 1998 and other placings raising in total £8m through equity finance and Debt finance negotiations totalling facilities of £12m
• Overview of implementation of systems interface to improve efficiency – EPOS interface into accounting package and MI systems Cognos
Full time work experience in a number of finance, project management and IT roles from 1991 through to 1996.
Digital & Computer literacy
Google software (Ads, Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console), Linux (PHP/MySQL), SQL, CRM, CMS, WordPress, Drupal, Excel Advanced User, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Sun Business, Vision, Pegasus, Sage, Zonal (EPOS).
Further courses and training
SEO and Organic SEO – to professional level
Google Ads-Analytics-Tag Manager-Search Console – to professional level
Web Build and Design – WordPress – to professional level – Drupal (co-coder)
Linux (PHP and MySQL) – to a professional level
PR Media training – Webershandwick
Advanced Corporate Finance and Corporate Finance – Investment education
Yellow and Blue book – Investment education
• Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA / CIMA)
• TEFL 150 HR
University of Westminster 1986-1990
BA (Hons) Business Studies
Millfield School, Somerset – 1979-1986
3 A levels, 8 O levels
Japanese and French.
Sport & Interests
Skiing, tennis, formerly played Ice Hockey, Boxing and MMA training. Learning Bulgarian, improving opera singing and trained car track racer.
Perfect! The class was very well prepared. Jonathan is very friendly and professional.
You are a great student and together we will certainly make you stronger in written as well as oral comprehension. Until the next lesson. Thanks Maria!
Jon is very reliable and an excellent teacher
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|