Hi, my name is Alisha Kearney. I am currently on my last year of University studying Science in Marketing. I give lessons to students at any age who need help with preparation for exams and making simple, easy to read study notes.
I have many teaching techniques that are suitable for different types of learners, but my main priority is to show students how your study notes can be shortened and be made in a way so that you will never forget.
I have been giving lessons now for 2 years as I have been very successful on getting students to achieve the grades they need. In total i have had 16 students within these 2 years, these students have been studying for GCSES, A-LEVELS and also 11+ preparation.
Rates may very depending on the level on the student or distance that may need to be traveled. I also prefer to use local library's as it can be off putting going to strangers homes
My name is Alisha Kearney, I am twenty years old and I am from Downpatrick. I am a very enthusiastic and out going person that has many interests including music, art, reading and furthering my skills at every opportunity. I am very good at talking to customers and doing what I can to the best of my ability to help customers in any situation. I am a very bubbly and happy person and will always look at everything in a positive way within my job and try to overcome any problems that may arise in front of me. I have 5 years of work experience behind me within various jobs mainly in hospitality and many different situations and know how to handle myself if a situation gets uncomfortable or difficult.
GCSE Maths C Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
GCSE English Language C Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
GCSE English Literature B Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
GCSE Science C Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
GCSE Additional Science D Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
GCSE French B Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
GCSE Religion B Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
GCSE Art C Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
GCSE History C Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
A-Level ICT C Shimna Integrated High School (2012-2014)
A-Level Business Studies B Shimna Integrated High School (2007-2012)
Travel and Tourism Distinction* Downpatrick SERC (2015 – 2016 ¬)
Oakley Fayre (2013-2017) – 028 4461 2500
- Taking orders from customers for food and drinks
- Cleaning tables and resetting tables
- Training new staff on how to use equipment e.g coffee machine
- Using the till and doing a till read at the end of your shift
- Cleaning and mopping floors throughout the building e.g kitchen , bakery and coffee lounge
Teaching (In France, Saint Jean de Luz, 2015)
- Teaching basic English to French students of all ages from 12-18
- Prepare class activities to get everybody involved and to take participate in the class
Help students in class who were stuck on a particular question
Piccolo Kitchen (2016-2017) - 028 4372 2999
- Taking telephone orders, online orders and customers’ orders through the till
- Preparing side orders and packaging them up for collections
- Till reads and count floats at end of each shift
- Opening the premises
- Taking table orders and clearing up tables
- Brush, mop, and polish all silver wear
- Writing up new specials
- Helping the owner come up with new ideas for promotion
- Serve alcoholic beverages each night to customers
- Cleaning up after the event e.g picking up all the plastic cups and any other litter
- Restocking all the drinks that had been sold that nigh for the next night the event was on.
Denvirs Bar (2017-2018) – 028 4461 2012
- Taking food and drink orders from customers
- Serve behind the bar for functions and in the lounge area
- Resetting tables at the end of the night for the next day’s bookings
- Clean the bars and the restaurants when on a morning shift
- Doing till reads for the restaurant till and in the morning making sure floats are in the tills
- Answer phone calls to take bookings for the restaurant or if anyone wants to book a room within the coaching inn
- Checking people in and out of the bedrooms.
Hobbies and interests
- 6 Helen O’Grady Drama Academy
- Bog run 10k – for charity
- Grade 2 pianist
- Grade 6 guitarist
- Brown belt kick boxing
- Candidate for young enterprise Northern Ireland
- Volunteering kick boxing coach (3 years)
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||£15||Not available|