I work with you to critically assess the outcomes of what is needed to be studied and how to assess not just the what but how, why and possible alternative outcomes of the desired goal.
I give support to all those from secondary to degree level - with a practical business and political background I can give an alternative view to traditional academia!
I have a background in business and politics but am specialised in the economics, politics and history of eastern Europe, Russia and the CIS. With a keen understanding of geopolitics and business I have a detailed knowledge of the global energy, military and political system.
ABOUT NICHOLAS: With a varied career in politics, the voluntary sector & communications / media industry Nic setup Cobb Energy Communications (CEC) in 2012 - a strategic communications company specialized in international corporate & strategic communications, commodity consultation and HNI / project facilitation with a pedigree in Russia and the CIS.
Now with a variety of business interests and Chairing the Westminster Russia Forum - Nic is looking for additional consulting roles across the communications sector & elsewhere and is open to associate agreements, consulting roles and other proposals. Nic is also a frequent writer and blogger.
As both a businessman and seasoned political / corporate communications sector consultant Nic has a large personal contact base of senior stakeholders in the United Kingdom and Russian Federation / CIS including serving and former members of Government, and Members of Parliament as well as solid relationships across all major UK Political parties. Nic also has extensive contacts in the energy, security, military, commodities, FX / Finance, events world with unique access to business and political stakeholders in Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Belarus, Ukraine, Iran, Canada and Turkey.
Nic is also a regular speaker, chairperson and contributor to a number of industry events - speaking on both energy, political and Russian affairs. Nic has also advised a number of leading media outlets including the BBC, RT, Rossiya One and LBC Radio amongst others.
CORE CURRENT ACTIVITIES:
Sole Director & Founder, Cobb Energy Communications Ltd, October 2012 to Present: Founded in 2012 and based in the UK, Cobb Energy Communications (CEC) is a strategic communications company specialised in international corporate & strategic communications, commodity consultation and HNI / project facilitation with a pedigree in Russia and the CIS.
CEC offers a range of cost effective services including a full chain communications package (public affairs to corporate communications) aimed at small to medium sized companies across a number of core sectors. We also offer a unique Russian Corporate Advisory service aimed at assisting our partners access the Russian market through in country facilitation, detailed research and commercial intelligence support. CEC is also able to offer a discreet and wide reaching commodity consultancy / high-net project facilitation service.
With representatives in the major global energy hubs including Calgary, Moscow, Gibraltar, Dubai and London, as well as Ankara CEC is uniquely placed to provide a 'one stop solution' to a range of small - medium companies / sectors seeking to both expand into new markets and consolidate existing ones. Our Services 'At a Glance'...
o Unique Russian / CIS Public Affairs Access
o Public Affairs Access to Canada, Belarus, Hungary, Turkey, Sierra Leone, Ghana, and Nigeria
o Energy Communications & Public Affairs - hydrocarbon & renewable
o Corporate Project Management / Project Funding Sourcing
o Commodities & Project Brokerage
o Project Facilitation - Power, Agri and Mining Projects in EMEA Region
o FX Transactions / Currency & Physical Cash Movements
o Security (Risk, Investigations, Physical and Cyber) & Commercial Intelligence
Chairman, The Westminster Russia Forum, January 2014 to Present: The Westminster Russia Forum (WRF) is a London based members not-for profit members’ forum that was founded in 2012 to promote a greater cultural, commercial and political understanding between the UK and Russian Federation. The WRF’s membership is drawn from both the UK and Russia as well as the Former Soviet Union and we regularly organise networking events with a wide range of high level speakers from across the cultural, political and commercial fields. The WRF works with a range of key political stakeholders including UK Parliament and Duma representatives.
The aim of the Westminster Russia Forum is to allow for a free and open forum for discussion, with speakers ranging from serving UK Government Ministers, senior Russian diplomats, and leading UK & Russian business/cultural leaders. The WRF also provides a unique networking platform for all those with a keen interest in Russian history, politics, business and the arts as well as maintaining and promoting healthy relations between the United Kingdom & Russian Federation. The Westminster Russia Forum is the only registered UK-Russia Friendship Society and engages a variety of stakeholders to further bilateral ties.
OTHER BUSINESS ACTIVIES & PRIOR DIRECTORSHIPS
• Associate Consultant, Thames Global Consultants, October 2015 to Present- (concealed information)
Comprising a core group of seasoned industry practitioners, the Thames Global Consultants are well placed to assist both state and corporate clients with a range of cost effective services. From facilities and waste management to power generation, mining & minerals and oil - gas we are able to provide real-time expert advice and in-field consultancy to you and your team. Based in the United Kingdom we are able to provide both remote desktop research and support as well as embedded field consultancy, training and project support.
• Consultant - Hollbeach Investment Solutions
• Consultant - Shell Oil Trading
• Security Consultant - PRC Associates / Summis Global
• Consultant - International Exhibition Services / Saudi Transtec Expo (January 2016 to Present)
• Co-Founder - BRICS N11 (January 2017 to Present) - Political & business cooperation with BRICS and N11 states - once up and running in 2017 will provide senior stakeholder access to embassies and organisations of over 20 nations.
• Consultant - Argon Financial / Volopa Capital FX Providers
• Consultant - Goldsafe Dubai
• Public Affairs Consultant - Siberian Alliance Group
• Public Affairs Consultant - BioFriendly Corporation Texas
• Associate Director, Viking Consulting International, March 2014 to Present
• Previous Director - Great Britain Russia Society Ltd
• Director& Co-Founder, Avia Intelligence LTD (Company Number. 8451592), January 2013 to March 2014
Working with a joint venture partner, Avia Intelligence was founded in early 2013 as a provider of aviation training and consultancy services.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
• Conference Producer, Gastech Specialist Events (dmg::events) (November 2011– October 2012) - (concealed information)
• Freelance Legal Clerk - Punatar & Co. Solicitors - Summer 2010
• Conference Producer (Oil & Gas), SMi Group Ltd, London (October 2010 to November 2011) (concealed information)
• Account Manager, Argus Media, London (March 2008 to June 2010) (concealed information)
• Centaur Media PLC, Delegate Sales Manager (Marketing Week Brand), London (June 2007 – March 2008) (concealed information)
• World Trade Group, Delegate Sales Executive, London (July 2006 – June 2007) (concealed information)
• Britain-Russia Centre, Electoral Projects Assistant, London (2005-2006) (concealed information)
• Multiple roles from 1999 to leaving University in 2005 in hospitality, agriculture, retail and heritage.
PAST & PRESENT VOLUNTARY / COMMUNITY / POLITICAL EXPERIENCE
• Trainee National Coast Watchman (January 2017 to Present)
• Volunteer National Trust Tour Guide - Fan Bay Deep Artillery Shelter (August 2015 to Present)
• Volunteer Communications Support - White Cliffs National Trust (August 2015 to Present)
• Volunteer - Western Heights Preservation Society (August 2016 to Present)
• Graduate Employability Mentor - University of Essex (Summer 2015 to Present)
• Director and Trustee, Great Britain - Russia Society (Company No. (concealed information)), (Summer 2005 to Winter 2016)
• Community Governor & Vice Chair of the Governing Body, Flora Gardens Primary School, London (2009-Spring 2015)
• Prospective Candidate (Labour Party), Ravenscourt Park Ward, London (2009-May 2010)
• West London 2010 Young Labour General Election Coordinator (December 2009 to May 2010)
• Parliamentary Internship with the Rt.Hon Sir Alan Haslehurst MP (2001 – 2002)
EDITORIAL & CONTENT EXPERIENCE
• Russian Affairs Contributor - Westminster Russia Forum Blog (Most articles found HERE & on WRF website)
• Energy & Russian Affairs Articles (Found HERE)
• Defence and Security Contributor - UK Defence Journal
• International Conference Speaker & Chairman - Multiple conference appearances including Saudi Transtec - Dammam, KSA, 2016 / Rossotrudnichestvo 90th Anniversary, Moscow, 2015 / Russian Trade Delegation UK-Russia Business Forum 2015 & 2016
• Media contributor (on and offline) - LBC Radio, BBC, RT, Rossiya One, PR Week, Saudi Logistics, Shout Out Media,
• Military History Author (currently in early stages of research) - 'Frontline Kent - The Vanguard of Britain's Defence from Napoleon to the Cold War'
• BA (Hons) Humanities (2005), University of Essex: Undergraduate degree centred around the politics/history of Russia & the FSU
• University of London Remote Learning Course - World War to White Heat - the Royal Air Force, Military History, 2016
• A-Levels / GCSE’s: Three A-Levels in from Long Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge (1999-2001 followed by gap year). Nine A-C’s from Samuel Ward Technology College, Suffolk (1996-1999)
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geographical history lessons for all!
Taking geopolitics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|