I teach one to one relaxation, using methods which suit the individual. There is no person to person touch or drugs involved. Relaxation is a natural state which can be relearned to help reduce negative physiological and emotional feelings through the release of tension, the restoring of energy and the encouragment of calming thought processes.
I am a qualified teacher, trainer and coach with over 20 years experience teaching relaxation. I have taught teachers to teach relaxation to their pupils, and also helped individuals manage anxiety and stress leading to a better understanding of how to manage their emotional wellbeing and mental health.
Jacqueline D Lamb
BA hons PGCE MEd MIHPE
Recent Employment History
April 2010 to date Self-employed – Relaxation coach, Education consultant and trainer- emotional well-being and mental health (concealed information)
September 2007 to March 2010 Assistant Director of Harlow Education Consortium.
June 2007 to September 2007 Interim county manager for Primary Behaviour Support Essex CC
September 2005 to September 2007 (substantive post) Divisional co-ordinator (west and south Essex) Primary Behaviour Support Essex CC
September 2004 to September 2005 Interim county manager for Primary Behaviour Support Essex CC
April 1999 to September 2004 Area Team Leader for West Essex Primary Behaviour Support Team Essex CC
September 1997 to April 1999 County Behaviour Support Teacher Essex CC (primary and secondary)
April 1996 to July 1997 Part time lecturer at Harlow College
July 1991 to September 1997 Class teacher/member of senior management team/IT, Science, and RE co-ordinator/curriculum leader for ‘Planned Activity Time’. Hare Street Infant School, Harlow.
September 1969 to July 1974 Plympton Grammar school Four O’ levels
September 1983 to July 1987 Harlow College O/A Level - Child Psychology: Child Development
'A' Level – Psychology
G.C.S.E. - Maths
September 1987 to July 1990 Polytechnic of East London B.A. Hons (modular degree : Psychology, Sociology , English Lit)
September 1990 to July 1991 Anglia Polytechnic P.G.C.E. Primary Education
September 2000 to July 2002 University of Cambridge MEd Degree – Emotional wellbeing and mental health and education
September 2003 – November 2003 Centre for Stress Management Primary cert. Relaxation skills
June 2006 BRIEF London Solution Focused Leadership and Supervision.
November 2008 – August 2008 Centre for Stress management Primary cert. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
April 2009 – April 2010
Oxford Brooks University
Pathways – Dr Paula Barrett
‘Friends for Life – prevention of anxiety and depression’ group facilitator training
Continued Professional Development and Training.
I have undertaken a range of training during my career as a teacher, and became interested and specialized in the mental health and well-being of children and adults and its impact on their empowerment, aspirations and education. I have attended a range of courses for example: equal opportunities, Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD), IT, solution focused leadership and supervision, restorative justice, ‘mindset’ and inclusive practice, to name a few. The focus of my work over the last 20 years has been to support the emotional wellbeing of adults, young people and children, promoting inclusion and access to learning. This has included research into reducing stress for children, young people and adults. I have developed a peer support programme for primary schools which has been shown to reduce stress in the playground. And I have also researched and developed a relaxation programme for use in schools. This work appears to have improved young people's emotional and mental health leading to improved emotional literacy and self-management. This has resulted in the publication of a CD rom resource for schools (published by Pearson Publishing – Cambridge). I developed a relaxation app in collaboration with Pearson Publishing aimed at helping adults and young people manage their own wellbeing. (concealed information)
I also have extensive experience of developing and delivering training to a range of professionals in the voluntary, private and public sector. This training ranges from strategic planning with senior managers to the individual development of adults.
• 1993 Introduced a whole school approach to curriculum organization which empowers pupils and encourages and develops autonomous learning. This was praised by OFSTED.
• 1995 Article published in ‘Child Education’: Empowerment in the Classroom.
• 1998 Initial work began on 'improving the playground' through whole school policy development and peer support, working in partnership with West Essex head teachers.
• 1999 Set up new multi-disciplinary behaviour support team in West Essex. This included designing and implementing systems, interviewing, inducting, training and supporting a new team. This work was carried out in partnership with representative head teachers, forming the management group. The behaviour support team supported pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties to access mainstream education. Many of the pupils supported had a statement of special educational needs for dyslexia, dyspraxia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and/or Aspergers, which often led to them experiencing emotional, social and/or mental health difficulties. My role also included training and supervising ‘Home School Liaison Workers’, which entailed working closely with parents to joint facilitate parent groups and carry out one to one support in the home.
• 2000 Conceived and implemented a 'help line' for school staff and parents/carers to provide professional advice on social, emotional and mental health issues. Support was provided over the telephone and via email.
• 2000 – 2002 Undertook Masters degree, taking the opportunity to include research into peer support, writing and publishing an evidenced based peer support programme for primary schools – ‘Playleaders’. This is now embedded and sustainable in primary schools throughout Essex.
• 2000 – 2007 Worked with Essex CC Special Educational Needs and Psychology Service to support schools action plan for ‘The Essex Award Scheme’ (an award for schools to recognize their commitment to the active promotion of safety and wellbeing of pupils, staff and parents.) This included helping the schools to evaluate and action plan. I also worked as part of the verification team, reviewing the evidence within the schools including their policies and procedures.
• 2001 Received recognition from West Essex head teachers for the significant work and professional service of the West Essex primary behaviour support team.
• Invited to join and work with the special educational needs and psychology service equalities team. Work with this team included writing the service equalities policy.
• 2002 – 2009 Working with business and local secondary schools, to facilitate work experience placements for a wide range of pupils, including those with additional and specific learning difficulties (this has included reparation placements for the youth offending team).
• 2003 Completed ‘relaxation training skills’ certificate at the Centre for Stress Management. Began developing a relaxation programme for schools.
• Commissioned by the local authority in Jersey to write and deliver training in behaviour management to train their specialist teacher team. This was received very positively and I was invited to return on two further occasions.
• Worked with West Essex Youth Offending Team to develop early intervention work in schools – the programme is now used with year five and six pupils in schools.
• 2005 Joined the Essex ‘trauma group’, responding to and supporting schools, pupils and families in the event of a trauma.
• 2006 Invited by the management board of the Epping Forest District, Children and Young People’s Strategic Partnership (CYPSP) to take on the role of chairperson for the Epping Forest CYPSP mental health sub group. This invitation came as a result of their recognition of my work within the CYPSP and the locality.
• 2006 Invited to share my work on relaxation at the Essex Projects and Research conference.
• 2006 – 2008 Leading on the development of the ‘relaxation’ research project to ensure evidence based work. This included training and support for local authority and school staff, and has resulted in the publication of a book and video for schools to use alongside the training. I have also worked with a psychology undergraduate from the University of East London to further research the benefits of teaching relaxation in schools.
• 2007 Working with the Primary Care Trust and Parent Partnership co-ordinator in Epping Forest to develop a community resource for parents.
• 2007 Working with a local secondary school to develop and transfer the primary peer support programme into a secondary school, to reduce stress associated with transition from primary to secondary schools, particularly young people with emotional and social difficulties associated with specific learning difficulties.
• 2007 Invited to share my peer support work at the Eastern Region Anti Bullying Alliance meeting.
• 2007/8 Developed and delivered relaxation sessions for educational staff.
• 2007 – 2011 contributed to Essex County Council graduate teacher training programme in Harlow, writing and delivering the training session: ‘Equality and Diversity’.
• 2007/8 Project management – of a multi-disciplinary team to support schools with the inclusion of vulnerable pupils and also to support the families. Family support included running parenting programmes, parent workshops and one to one parent and family support.
• 2007/8 Development of a training centre and a full and varied training programme, including developing writing and delivering training programmes.
• 2007 Worked with and managed a team to design and implement ‘Messy Workshops’ – play based parent and child sessions to help parents develop the skills and confidence to play with their under 5’s.
• 2008 Relaxation CD Rom produced and published by Pearson Publishing, Cambridge (now Anspear). (concealed information)
• 2008 Delivered a ‘Relaxation in Schools’ workshop to a range of professionals at the 'New Directions in Behaviour Support' national conference at Leicester University.
• 2008 – 2009 Introduced 'help line' for Harlow to support school staff and parents with issues relating to special educational needs, parenting, emotional well-being and classroom management - using appropriate IT (via email, telephone and VLE).
• 2010 Led the organisation and delivery of a full Strengthening Families programme in Harlow, in partnership with Essex CC and Parent Line Plus.
• 2010 Became a self-employed education consultant and trainer. Developed my web site (concealed information) I am continuously developing and delivering training to a varied range of delegates. Training delivered has included: emotional well-being in school, parent workshops, learning mentor training, relaxation training, graduate teacher training (on behalf of Essex county council), stress management for managers, an introduction to therapeutic approaches, developing happy children, optimistic learners achieve more, and coping skills for life.
• Began teaching and coaching individuals to manage stress and anxiety through relaxation and mindfulness.
• November 2010 Contributed to Rutland’s Targeted Mental Health in Schools.
• 2011-2013 Worked with the Manor School Cambridge, supporting girls with mental health problems to study for their GCSEs.
• 2010 – 2016 Contributed to Harlow Consortium’s mental health prevention project, delivering a ‘prevention of anxiety and depression’ programme in schools.
• 2016 developed a relaxation app in collaboration with Pearson Publishing, Cambridge (now Anspear) (concealed information)
• Dec 2017 Trained with Optimus education, to deliver their ‘Well-being in Schools Award’ as a consultant and assessor. (concealed information)
meditation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest relaxation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anger management lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||Not available||Not available|
|5 hours||£120||Not available||Not available|
|10 hours||£200||Not available||Not available|