Being a Cambridge English qualified teacher I used Cambridge English teaching practices to teach students.
I have taught English to students of all ages and language levels for over 10 years; 1-on-1 and to large classes of up to 50 students. I have taught young learners to university students and business/medical and EAP.
A resourceful, pro-active and ambitious educational leader with significant experience of strategic marketing planning in the education sector; demonstrating communications, social media marketing, PR, image control and campaign management skills to initiate new educational programs. A focused, creative and perceptive candidate with a sales and teaching background who is accustomed to applying integrated marketing solutions to raise market awareness and target new market sectors. Considered to be a strong leader, communicator and presenter who can influence outcomes, promote organisations, build relationships and reputations and maintain brand integrity, using analytics data to measure success and competitor activity. Well-regarded as a passionate, motivated and practiced institutional international educational professional, accustomed to liaising with both investors and government officials to secure the setting up of educational programs that meet governmental directives.
Seeking a new and challenging position; making use of skills and experience to consolidate existing success and develop new educational opportunities.
• Admissions – Manage the admissions process, acting as a key ambassador to fulfil the school’s recruitment targets, overseeing the scholarship and award application process and organising the school’s entrance qualification process.
• Brand Management – Delivers consistent online, internal and external communication material and executing content management strategy across all media channels to present a consistent customer and attainment focused image.
• Marketing ¬– Drives strategic marketing and student recruitment activity, devising innovative marketing, PR and communication strategies to maximise pupil enrolment, conveying a positive brand ethos and values, whilst adopting a differentiated approach to raise awareness across key local, national and regional markets.
• Strategic Development – Designs and implements pupil recruitment and feeder school schemes, building valuable relationships with key stakeholders in the community and identifying potential new markets and corporate partnerships.
• Web/Social Media - Possesses vast understanding of media development and social media marketing processes to implement effective communication strategies that increase interaction, gain website traffic and improve brand presence.
• Campaign Management– A branding specialist who devises and instigates highly effective marketing plans and recruitment campaigns to significantly increase student numbers and elevate the school’s reputation for excellence.
• Teaching – With over 10 years teaching experience, is able to use a range of interesting and informative techniques to engage students of all ages, key stages and abilities, whilst boosting educational achievements and passing examinations.
• Student Development – Keen to apply a range of education and student-led techniques to deliver exceptional levels of education, proactively encouraging personal development and providing appropriate levels of educational stimulus.
• Curriculum Development – Conversant with developing and implementing a new syllabus to meet the academic, non-academic and wider developmental of student’s needs.
• Led all areas of the school’s HE program - International Foundation Diploma program (accredited by NCC Education) and supported students on their UK degree pathway.
• Setup an international vocational educational program between South Cheshire College and Shenzhen Longgang Second Vocational School, China, to deliver BTEC vocational courses to students.
• Devised effectual marketing and communication strategies to target top calibre students, instrumental in the formation of a strategic growth plan to increase enquiry volumes and elevate enrolment of high calibre students from 30 to 150+ in 1 year.
• Developed a proactive PR approach and fostered collaborative relationships with local, regional national media to promote new educational programs.
• Engaged with feeder schools and attracted global interest to enrol middle school students to attract sufficient numbers to build a new dedicated middle school facility in line with the school’s expansion plans.
• Designed the curriculum for ISA International School’s ESL programme.
Aug 2020 – present Online English language teacher
• Teaching: beginner, elementary and pre-intermediate students’ English comprehension, 11+ exam preparation and verbal reasoning.
Dec 2019 – March 2020 Manager of Strategic Projects: International Business College Manchester
• The teaching of English language & English for Academic Purposes courses to students.
• English UK and British Council inspection for the ongoing accreditation of the school.
July 2017 – Dec 2019 Director of Education: INTEN Education Group Ltd, Manchester, UK
• Designed and taught English for Academic Purposes to university students.
• Fostered relationships with schools for international student recruitment.
• Established and led student guardianship and internship placement programs.
• Organised summer school programs (which were run in UK schools and universities) for international students.
Jul 2016 – May 2017 Director of Curriculum Management: UKCN Education, London/Manchester
• Set up and managed a teacher recruitment and TEFL training program (and designed the curriculum for the program) to supply teachers to schools in China.
• Formed international partnership between British educational providers and schools in China to establish international educational programs. Managed the setting up of new British international schools within China.
Mar 2015 – Mar 2016 Head of Admissions and Marketing: ISA International School, Guangzhou, China
• Acting as the primary point of contact for admissions queries; handling placement enquiries and creating a positive overview when introducing the school, arranging pupil appointments and facilitating school tours for international parents.
• Developing and executing effectual admission policies and procedures, performing periodic reviews to ensure continued success of the admissions process and sustained improvements in submission and pupil acceptance numbers.
• Directing the timely, effective and efficient administration of admissions; organising entrance testing and interviews, coordinating scholarships, maintaining an accurate school roll and optimising the allocation of pupils to respective classes.
• Analysing data and producing detailed monthly reports for the ISA Board and Head of School; including current pupil number reports, future pupil forecast counts and on-going marketing strategies and campaign results.
• Pro-actively engaging with pupils, parents and guardians, extending entry criteria advice and year group place availability.
• Managing the marketing and admissions budget; demonstrating confident cost analysis skills to coordinate available resources, optimise admission numbers and elevate the schools profile in line with the vision and mission statement.
• Designing and producing branded internal and external marketing communication material and publications, handling media enquiries and regularly liaising with both local and national press to convey the school’s brand values and visions.
• Developing and implementing an integrated marketing and communication strategy; performing competitor analysis to devise tactical promotions and direct mail campaigns, promote the school on social media and keep the website updated.
• Attending international Chamber of Commerce and British Council events to network and seek opportunities; developing new partnerships and promoting the school’s unique characteristics to raise visibility and attract collaborative possibilities.
Sep 2011 – July 2015 Lecturer (Faculty of English Education): Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
• Devising academic and non-academic syllabus modules to meet undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum requirements, together with the frameworks expected from staff and the universities’ affiliated organisations.
• Working on joint ventures with other international universities, including the University of Massachusetts.
• Teaching: academic reading and writing, advanced English, British culture and society, western culture and intercultural communication; ensuring all pupils, regardless of their intellectual level, receive suitable stimulus to progress accordingly.
2002 – 2004 UK Sales Manager: Taitien Electronics
1998 – 2002 Head Foreign Teacher: Future Heir
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
• Worked as an educational consultant (student admissions) for Abbey DLD Group of Colleges.
• Approached by Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Centre to originate and teach 6 months ‘intercultural communication’ course designed to develop communication skills and cultural understanding of their medical practitioners.
• Awarded funding from Leeds University’s Worldwide University Network to improve international relations between Leeds University and Zhejiang University in China.
PhD Applied Linguistics
De Montfort University, UK 2014
MSc Educational Research Methods
Leeds University, UK 2008
BA (Hons) Childhood Education and Culture
Leeds University, UK 2007
Teaching - Cambridge CELTA, UK TEFL
Safeguarding - Designated Safeguarding, British Council Safeguarding for Managers, Emergency First Aid at Work
• Currently authoring a book entitled “The Life of a Student in China”, outlining their education system in detail and referencing links to cultural, social and historical influences.
• Published an article in the International Times Newspaper, written in Chinese 3/12/15
Languages English (native); Mandarin Chinese (fluent)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£22|