I teach ESOL English syllabuses at Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate and Upper Intermediate levels. I also offer specific Exam Preparation syllabuses for Cambridge FCE and IELTS. My lessons are based around a range of British English topics and lessons can be designed around your needs, depending on which skills you want to improve. I am an expert on teach phonetics and British English pronunciation as well as using a range of grammar accurately in your speaking and writing.
I have Cambridge English teaching qualifications at Level 5 and Level 7 (Masters). I teach English as a Foreign Language at a UK university as well as teaching online private classes. I offer Business English, General ESOL English and Cambridge FCE and IELTS courses.
£25/h for online lessons.
Standard lesson time is 1.5 hours - so the cost per lesson is £37.50
Each 12-week course is made up of x24 lessons
Eddy Lawson - English ESOL & Academic English Tutor
• Cambridge CELTA (Level 5)
• Cambridge Delta module 1 (Level 7)
• Cambridge Delta module 2 (Level 7)
• Cambridge Delta module 3 (Level 7)
• BA Philosophy | 2000-2003 | University of Hull, UK
OWNER & ESOL TEACHER | CONNECT ENGLISH CENTRE, CORBY | JUNE 2018-
• Designing & delivering General English courses to adults at Elementary- Advanced levels
• Designing & delivering Cambridge English Exam Preparation courses to adults at A2-C1 levels
• Designing & delivering on-site Business English courses to employees of local companies
ACADEMIC ENGLISH TUTOR | UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM | JULY 2020-
• Delivering Academic English and Critical Thinking courses to International Master’s students
• Designing Academic and Critical Thinking courses for International Master’s students
ACADEMIC MANAGER | THE TRAINING CENTRE, HANOI | APRIL 2017-JUNE 2018
• Working closely with multinational companies to design English Training courses for staff members
• Designing corporate training syllabuses in line with company strategy plans
• Recruiting, training and managing a team of 12 trainers whilst assessing individual skillsets and posting them to appropriate corporate training positions
• List of current clients include Honda, Canon, Yamaha, Ford, Ministry of Industry & Trade, Pernod Ricard
ENGLISH TEACHER | INTERNATIONAL HOUSE, HANOI | NOVEMBER 2014-JUNE 2018
• Delivering Corporate syllabuses on-site at companies around Hanoi including Honda, Ford & Canon
• Delivering General English courses to adults at a range of levels
• Developing IELTS courses to students planning to study abroad
ENGLISH (EAP) TEACHER | UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HANOI | JUNE 2015-SEPT 2017
• Designing pre-sessional courses to prepare students for Cambridge IELTS tests.
• Delivering pre-sessional Academic English courses
Edward is a wonderful teacher and a great person, I've been studying with him for 9 months. I like his approach to teaching, he is consistently trying to make lessons more individual and more relatable. I never felt bored during his lessons even though studying English is not always breathtaking, he manages to offset those problems with some additional help. Edward has helped me a lot with my English and my confidence in using it. I would definitely recommend him.
Eddy is a great teacher and also a kind person.
He loves teaching and so he is always helpful and patient with me.
I have been very lucky to have him as my teacher.
Edward is the best teacher I've ever had!!! All the lessons he does are interesting and help me improve my grammar and my pronunciation. I highly recommend him !!!!
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking british english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||Not available|