I first gauge the level of understanding and then seek to build upon this, as I believe that the key to learning is a true understanding of the topic at hand rather than pure memorisation. Once understanding has been developed the student can then begin to tackle harder concepts and questions involving more thought, eventually leading to greater exam performance. The learning of facts can also be established in parallel to this via take away exercises, so that true learning time is maximised; rather than using my time to teach your child facts I will help them figure out why these facts are true.
I am a first-year engineering student at the University of Cambridge, Trinity College. I have been providing top class tutoring to students who are struggling or need support in their science-based subjects for over 2 years now. I have helped students achieve 8-10 A*s at GCSE level and all A/A* at A-Level but I also cater to those looking to improve from lower grades and can design a tutoring experience designed to the student.
If the distance that I must travel is significant I would kindly ask for a £5 travel fee. If the student is of GCSE standard then I charge £25 per hour based on the increased difficulty of content and for A-Level students I charge £30 per hour due to the intense nature of the lessons at this level. I also offer Oxbridge application advice/mock interviews and preparatory problem-solving sessions at £30 per hour.
First-year engineer with a passion for problem-solving; primarily relating to mechanical and electrical systems. Experienced in both leading and working in a team in various environments ranging from sporting to academic.
2018-2022 University of Cambridge, Trinity College, MEng Engineering
• Predicted first class
2005-2018 Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School
• 10 A*s at GCSE, 4 A*s at A-Level in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
• Gold in: British Physics Olympiad, Senior Maths Challenge and UK Chemistry Olympiad in 2018
• Effective written and oral communication in an array of environments demonstrated by my presentation skills during work experience at Waterman Structures Ltd.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills as developed over 2 years of chairing my school Science society and Engineering society by liaising with external speakers and other members of the committee
• Can lead a team and understand the key skills of those in my team, having captained my school 1st XI cricket team and headed the structural division of the UKSDC group project
• Ability to learn new techniques quickly and apply them to relevant situations as demonstrated by the rapid learning of new software and structural engineering techniques at Waterman Structures Ltd.
Naresh is a very diligent and capable Cambridge Engineering student, with the knowledge and communication skills to affect change for struggling students.
algebra lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£18|