I am able to tailor lessons to the students’ individual needs whether it be building confidence, communicating concepts and content, or providing advice and assistance with essay writing, exam technique and coursework. After benefiting from one on one tuition myself, and the rigorous teaching methods at Cambridge, I feel I can use this experience to help and support students to progress.
My name is Ella and I'm a Cambridge graduate taking a year out before beginning my Master’s degree. I can tutor History, Classical Civilisation, History of Art, Religious Studies and Philosophy and Ethics up to A level standard.
My degree at Cambridge, History of Art, was a multi-disciplinary subject and this meant I continued my A Level subjects further (History, Classical Civilisation and Religious Studies including Philosophy and Ethics).
During my A-Levels, I missed half of an academic year with glandular fever. I learnt how to self-teach and kept my education on track, which has also informed my approach to learning. Having been one of a few to achieve a first in my dissertation in my year at university, and full marks at A-level in my History coursework, I have a strong aptitude for research and independent study which I am able to share. I have done work experience at my former school as a teaching assistant as well having experience tutoring History, History of Art and helping with Personal Statement preparation.
2015 ¬¬– 2018 Jesus College, University of Cambridge
BA Hons History of Art, Upper 2nd Class (69%)
Dissertation, 1st Class
2010 – 2015 Cranbrook School, Kent
3 A Levels: History, Philosophy and Ethics, Classical Civilisation (A*/A grade)
10 GCSE’s (A*/A grade)
- Tutoring a variety of students in A level and university applications
- Teaching course material for exams and coursework
- Helping to develop study skills such as exam and essay technique as well as
Part-Time Work at Qubit (Tech Solutions Company): Ongoing
- Managing the Reception Desk
- Handling and directing incoming calls
- Directing visitors and organising post
Internship at Special Treats Production Company: Summer 2018
- Duties included general office administration such as counting cards in preparation
for junkets and creating transcripts of interviews
- Assisted with the set-up of shoots and the design of sets
- Worked as a Runner on the press launch of Mamma Mia II doing a range of jobs to
assist the crew, primarily putting journalists on deck
Work Experience at One Aldwych Hotel: August 2018
- Shadowed at Reception and Concierge, learning how bookings were administered
and guests were managed
- Assisted at the Health Club doing both general administration as well as more
hands-on tasks such as organising towels and laundry
- Helped in the Indigo Kitchen, mainly preparing afternoon tea
- Worked alongside the Housekeeping department
Dissertation on ‘The Role of Gender in the Making and Perception of Francis Bacon’s Portraits of Women’: October 2017-May 2018
- Conducted several interviews with David Edwards, a longstanding friend of the
- Travelled to Dublin to carry out thorough archival research at the Hugh Lane
Gallery, which houses Bacon’s studio
- Contacted and interacted with Bacon specialists and academics in order to access
material on the artist
- Carried out investigation over six months, accruing a comprehensive bibliography
Work Experience at Phaidon Press Limited: Summer 2017
- Proofread print runs to check for mistakes and imperfections
- Sat in on numerous interviews with the Editorial Department
- Worked in the Production Department doing general office administration,
particularly managing post and mailing advance copies
- Organised and ordered illustrations for Phaidon’s Lucian Freud Retrospective
Marlborough House School: Summer 2013
- Assisted in the English Department, both marking and encouraging students with
their work as well as giving one-on-one reading lessons
- Spent afternoons in the Art Department, helping to plan and supervise lessons
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ethics lessons for all!
Taking art history lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|