Hi I'm Eva and I graduated from Cambridge University last year in Natural Sciences - I'm currently taking a masters course in Biotechnology at Imperial College, London.
I enjoyed pretty much all my subjects at school and would like to help other people enjoy them too!
I have been tutoring for a few months now and I find the best approach is for students/parents to approach me with a specific problem or goal and we can figure out together how to best achieve/solve it. I am very flexible and I focus on giving students the overall picture and an enjoyment for their subject.
I have been tutoring since November using websites such as this one, in which time I have tutored 5 students regularly, and many have seen improvements, including rising GCSE maths grades which is very rewarding! I also have some experience of teaching in as an assistant swimming coach and a volunteer tutor.
Imperial College, London (MSc) Oct. 2016 -
Applied Biosciences and Biotechnology
University of Cambridge (BA) Oct. 2013 – May 2016
Natural Sciences - Biology, Chemistry and Maths
The Abbey School Sept . 2011 – May 2013
International Baccalaureate Reading
Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, German, History
The Abbey School Sept. 2009 – June 2011
Leadership and teamwork
• Vice president of Cambridge Scientific Societ
• Boat Club Captain, Girton College University of Cambridge: ‘Lower boat captain’, Novice instructor, outing coordinator and coach.
• Assistant Swimming Instructor, The Abbey School Pool: worked with 2-7 year old children teaching them how to swim and water safety.
• Competitive public speaking and debate: Participated in the Abbey School's Baroness Brigstocke Competition, Woodley Festival Public Speaking competition, The English Speaking Union National Public Speaking Competition for Schools.
• Duke of Edinburgh Award: Silver, organized, supplies and routes for our hiking/camping exhibition.
Volunteering and communication
• Tutor: Reading Refugees. I tutored school children from ages 12-16 for 3-4 hours a week, which improved both my communication and leadership skills. Currently tutoring independently in London.
• Animal Welfare: Volunteered for 2 weeks at Inti Wara Yassi, an animal rescue centre in the Bolivian rainforest. Worked in a team to prepare food and clean the cages of a group of 19 rescued spider monkeys. Learnt about the complex behaviour of the endangered species, how exotic animals are looked after, and how to work practically and safely in a team with people from all over the world.
• I am fluent in Italian and English, and speak some German
• Travel: Europe, South America, Asia
• Music: flute, Grade 8, played in various bands at school and Cambridge University
• Sports: Running, Swimming, Rowing
• Speech and Drama, Grade 7
• Juggling Association (CUJA)- Cambridge University
Eva is very keen for her students to achieve the best they can. She is reliable, organised and enthusiastic. She has been tutoring for a few months already.
Eva is very trustworthy and dependable individual. Not only does she have an excellent academic record but has also been in charge of many large societies where she has always conducted her self in a professional, open and honest way.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£24|