Having been tutored for both the 11+ and A-levels, while also benefitting from advice upon application to Cambridge, I know what is needed from a good tutor. I am passionate and enthusiastic, while keen to prioritise an organised and structured learning style. I use a wide range of teaching techniques to ensure that my students progress quickly and to the level that they would like to, while also adapting my methods to suit different abilities.
I currently study History at the University of Cambridge. I have a wide range of tutoring experience, having previously worked as a Kumon tutor in English and Maths for the past four years. This summer, I taught British parliamentary debating in China and Hong Kong, while also advising students on the Cambridge admissions process. Not only am I therefore experienced in teaching small groups, but also one-on-one tutoring, for the 11+.
- July 2019, taught British parliamentary debating in Shenzhen and Hong Kong, and advised students on the Cambridge Admissions process.
- July 2018, work experience at the National Archives, leading a project to commemorate the Suffragette Movement.
- August 2016, taught at a primary school in Kathmandu, Nepal, teaching English in a local orphanage as part of a post-earthquake humanitarian mission.
- July 2015 - July 2018, tutor at a Kumon Learning Centre, teaching Mathematics and English to students from age four to fourteen.
- Entering into the second year of an undergraduate degree in History at Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge, reading History.
- A-levels in History, Economics, French and Extended Project Qualifications, in which I received A*A*AA
- GCSEs 10A*s and 1A
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£18|