I offer tuition for all abilities in chemistry and maths. Each pupil requires an individual approach and the needs are discussed before the tuition begins. Each session typically consists of three parts, and these are adjusted according to the needs. In the introduction, I present the topic to build an intuitive understanding. This is followed by exercises, where the understanding is broadened. This part can also include exam questions (and tips on how to solve them). The remaining part of the session is homework, with an aim to consolidate the acquired knowledge. It is given out at the end of a lesson and discussed at the beginning of the next session to clarify any remaining issues and challenging parts.
I am a PhD student at the University of Cambridge, where I do research in the field of data science. I hold a 1st class master's degree in chemistry (MChem), which I obtained from The University of Manchester in 2019, graduating within the top 1% of class. I have previous tutoring experience of about 1 year, including both private tutoring, as well as university tutoring (in excess of 100 hours of teaching). Additionally, I have peer tutoring experience in undergraduate chemistry and maths.
The displayed rate is a base rate when a single session of GCSE-level tutoring is chosen. Please feel free to message me to discuss your individual needs and book the first, free session :).
2019 - present: PhD Physics, University of Cambridge
2015 - 2019: MChem Chemistry, The University of Manchester, graduated (1st class)
Jul 2019: Ken Waugh Prize - an award for the best physical chemist in fourth year.
Jul 2018: ICI Polymers Prize - an award for the best physical chemist in third year.
Aug 2017: R. F. Warren Memorial Prize - an award for the best physical chemist in second year.
May 2016: BP Achievement Award 2016 - a BP-sponsored award for academic excellence.
February 2020 - present: Private 1-1 tutoring
• Tutoring GCSE Maths and A level Chemistry to individual students in and around Cambridge.
• Designing lesson plans according to exam boards' specifications as well as individual students’ goals and needs.
• Preparing lesson content for each student, including introductions to topics, practice exercises and exam-style questions.
• Explaining core concepts to students and offering new insights to broaden their knowledge and understanding.
• Giving advice on best practices, revision techniques, and exam-taking tips.
• Providing constructive, positive feedback to students to encourage learning.
• Providing feedback on performance to parents and/or guardians.
October 2019 - present: University demonstrating/tutoring
• Teaching programming languages.
• Explaining programming and statistics concepts to students in a clear and intuitive manner.
• Providing feedback on assignment and code quality and style to students.
I have taught alongside Damian and I can confirm that he is very good at teaching and explaining concepts to students, while having the necessary patience and resilience. He is also very friendly and approachable.
Damian is a great tutor and has extensive teaching experience. We have taught at the University of Cambridge together and I can attest to his teaching as well as his ability to communicate effectively. He will no doubt provide an excellent learning experience.
I know Damian from our time together spent at Homerton College in Cambridge. He proved to be a very caring, patient and positive person who is always ready to help and listen. I believe he will be a great addition to the Superprof community because of his professional and emphatic features allowing him to teach in an engaging manner.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|