I base my teaching methods on each individual student, I would start by gaining a bearing of where the student is and then create a lesson structure for them to progress efficiently and effectively, but not pressuring them to go too fast so that they can gain a confidence of their ability.
I am a student, who has worked in childcare for a few years, I have done casual tutoring before but ,mainly have practical experience in my subject due to the wide variety of subjects I have excelled in academically and my experience going through the university entrance process.
Rates are negotiable - if I need to travel over 10km, I would ask for some travel costs
Often described as ‘organised’, ‘driven’ and ‘bubbly’, I have a friendly personality which allows me to communicate and connect with people in a workplace environment. My determination to learn new skills and drive to succeed allows me to achieve my goals and contribute to the achievement of goals as a working team.
LIFEGUARD/PLAYWORKER; CAMP GLIDE — JULY 2019 - APRIL 2021
The company provides breakfast, after-school and holiday clubs for children aged 4-12. Key skills required are multitasking, handling responsibility and staying alert - all whilst working within a team.
EXTRA; BRITAIN’S DEADLIEST KIDS, CRACKIT PRODUCTIONS — JUNE 2020
Working with Crackit Productions in the drama recreation for Series 2 of Britains Deadliest Kids involved acting as an extra and organising 3 other extras for Crackit; co-ordinating their schedules, travel and administration.
WORK EXPERIENCE AS A RUNNER; TOP-HAT PRODUCTIONS — FEBRUARY 2020
On the set of a drama recreation with Top-Hat Productions, I observed the different roles in production and assisted the crew, particularly shadowing and assisting the lighting technician. I learnt about the skills needed for the crew to work well together and exceed in each of their roles.
WAITRESS/RUNNER; BERYL & PEGS COFFEE, TEA AND SANDWICH BAR — 2018-2019
In the popular independent cafe in Reigate I served tables, made drinks and
sandwiches, and assisted other team members where needed. Usually working busy weekend shifts and primarily focussing on customer service, this role introduced and enhanced my time management, teamwork, communication and customer service skills.
BABY-SITTING AND CHILDMINDING — 2016-PRESENT
Babysitting for various families in my free time is work that is no longer regular, but still valued. My first form of employment has taught me how to interact with customers and handle myself professionally, whilst enhancing my communication and interpersonal skills.
• Communication - I am articulate and well-spoken, having achieved various theatrical awards, including the RADA Shakespeare Bronze Award and Distinction in GCSE English Spoken Language. This core skill has been well-practised when I have worked in childcare and hospitality; as it ensures safety, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
• Organisation - I thrive in organising, applying it with my determination to succeed so I can best achieve my goals. As an Events Committee Leader in the Student Union at Reigate College and one of four organisers for 'Gatton's Got Talent', the talent show and fundraiser at Royal Alexandra and Albert School, I utilised patience, leadership and listening to organise events.
• Teamwork - in the high-pressure environments of hospitality and childcare, I have learnt working skilfully with your team is vital. The role of lifeguard/playworker requires working well with your colleagues as it is key to creating a safe and enjoyable environment for the children. In hospitality and customer service, I have found it crucial to support each other to provide the best conditions for excellent service.
• Quick learner - one of my most valued assets is my affinity for learning new things quickly, which I credit to my attentive nature and sharp memory. An example of this is the EPQ I completed within six months, on the media's involvement with the rise in anti-abortion laws in the USA; researching, evaluating and writing the extensive dissertation, earning an A* grade.
University of Cambridge, St Catharines College - Human Social and Political Science (BA); 2020-2023 Reigate Sixth Form College - English Literature, Economics and Media Studies A-Levels (A*A*A), Extended
Project Qualification (A*); 2018-2020
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School - 11 GCSEs, all graded 7(A) - 9 (A**), GCSE English Language 9 (A**) and GCSE Mathematics 7 (A); 2015-2018
The Guernsey Grammar School — multiple effort and academic awards; 2012-2015
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Currently studying Human Social and Political Sciences (BA) at St Catharine’s College, University of Cambridge
• A-Levels in English Literature, Economics and Media Studies - A*A*A
• 11 GCSE’s
• English Language - 9 (A**)
• English Literature - 8 (A*)
• Mathematics - 7 (A)
• Physics - 8 (A*)
• Chemistry - 8 (A*)
• Biology - 8 (A*)
• History - 8 (A*)
• Drama - 8 (A*)
• Religious Studies B - 8 (A*) • French - 7 (A)
• Product Design - A
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - October 2018, renewed August 2020
• Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Level 3 - August 2020
• Safeguarding Qualifications:
• DBS checked
• Food Hygiene Training - September 2019
• Female Genital Mutilation: Recognising and Preventing FGM V3.2 - July 2019
• Prevent e-learning training course (risks of radicalisation/support available to those at risk) - July
• Full, clean UK Driving License - qualified in July 2019
• Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA) Shakespeare Bronze Award - May 2017
• Principal’s Award 2020 (for outstanding contribution to the college) - Reigate College, June 2020
• ‘RAFTA’ for Best Digital Media Convergence - Reigate College, May 2020
REFERENCES - Provided upon request
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£65||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£140||£150|