I like to adapt my teaching methods based on the student's requirements. I have tutored children of all ages ranges, including some experience with special needs kids and therefore understand the importance of communication and one style does not fit all. I aspire to help my students not just academically but also in their personal lives to help them grow and be the best versions of themselves.
I am an engineering student and have been tutoring for the past 4 + year. I have an undergraduate degree in Chemical Process Engineering followed by an MSc in Chemical Engineering. I have a very strong background in Maths and sciences and want to inspire young people to reach their maximum potential.
The stated rate if for KS3 Maths, subject to change based on lower or higher level. KS1&2 = £20/h; GCSE = £30/h; Alevels = £35/h
MSc Chemical Process Engineering, University College London (UCL), Distinction 2017 – 2018
Project Management module – provided exposure to techniques and skills required to successfully manage a team and implement projects
BEng Chemical & Process Engineering, London South Bank University (LSBU), 1st Class Honours 2014 – 2017
Modules: Process Safety and Environmental (91%), Advanced Fluids and Control (90%), Chemical Engineering Processes 2 (90%), Clean Technology (85%), Chemical Engineering Design Project (80%). IChemE accredited degree.
Coloma Convent Girls’ school 2012 - 2014
A-levels: 3B in Maths, Chemistry and Biology
Westwood Girls’ college for languages and arts 2008 – 2012
GCSE’s: 11 A*- C including Maths (A), Physics (A), Chemistry (A) and Biology (A)
• Maths Tutor at ParchHill Tuition Centre October October 2018 – September 2019
• Private 11+ Tutor 2016 – present
o Plan and implement various teaching styles for special needs children
o Work with parents to develop optimum progression techniques, specific to the child
• Aced Educators, Tutor August 2015 – September 2017
o Tutoring GCSE Maths, English and Science as well as 11+ examination preparation
• Avon sales representative March 2017 – May 2017
o Involved promoting products, utilised social media to expand the target market; Developed interpersonal skills
Academic Experience and Awards
• Conducted a systematic review on CO2 separation in membrane systems, on tack to gaining a publication
• Conducted research on spent catalyst recovery methods in Europe/UK, published
• Conducted research on flow patterns in cascade tanks, the characteristics of fluidised bed reactors, studied the characteristics of heat exchanger to investigate the effects of co-current and counter current flows
• Conducted experiments using filer press separation process to determine the relationship between pressure and rate of filtration
• Studied the reaction between sodium hydroxide and ethyl acetate taking place in a liquid phase chemical reactor and determined reaction kinetic parameters including rate constant and Arrhenius constant, at varying temperatures
• Investigated the rate of evaporation through the moisture content from a tray dryer process
• 1st place in Chemical Engineering Poster Presentation - during undergraduate degree in design project. Topic of poster: Incidents Polystyrene Production Plants
• Awarded the Excellence in Maths, From the Mayor of Croydon, in Croydon Secondary school awards 2009
• Awarded the Overall excellence in academic, From the Mayor of Croydon, in Secondary School awards 2011
• Have good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Have experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Publisher, Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Plus, Star CCM+, MATLAB, AutoCad and gPROMS
• Fluent in English and Urdu
• Vice President, Chemical & Petroleum Engineering Society at LSBU
o Regularly arranged meetings and assisted in planning society events
• Member of IChemE Young Member’s Forum (YMF)
• Elected Student representative for 3 consecutive years for Chemical Engineering at LSBU
o Involved public speaking, attended board meetings, established a communication between students and teachers
• Trained Cyber Mentor – involves regular interactions with teenagers that may be suffering from bullying and or struggles at school; listen and provide support to uplift their mindset
• Regular involvement in charity initiatives
o UCL isoc charity event 2018; aimed to raise £400 through selling sweets; surpassed the target by £1,600. I oversaw social media marketing and was head of sales team
• Part of TMP communications team; The mosque project – organisation of young individuals that undertake various charity projects.
• Heavy involvement in homeless outreach in the local community
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||£100||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||£225||Not available||£250|