I will approach each topic by engaging with the student and working with them to figure out what level of knowledge they are currently working with, then with a close examination of the particular curriculum, creating a framework with which they will be able to continue independent study
I will be graduating from Cambridge University in June having studied the following:
1st year: Politics, Sociology, Social Anthropology, and Ancient History
2nd year: Sociology and Anthropology
3rd year: Sociology
Biology, Geography, Philosophy and Ethics, EPQ
This has involved writing dozens of academic essays, including 'long essays' (two essays which combined are dissertation equivalent)
I am able to tutor in any of my listed subjects up to GCSE and A-Level, and will be especially adept at Oxbridge preparation. Furthermore, I will be attending LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts), one of the UK's most prestigious acting schools, for a Master of Fine Arts in Professional Acting this September. I have a strong knowledge of practical theatre and auditions, and am also available to tutor this.
Current: St Catharine’s College, University of Cambridge
BA (Hons) Human, Social and Political Sciences (final year)
1st year - Part 1: Class 2.i
2nd year - Part 2a: Class 2.i
Chesham Grammar School, Chesham, England
09/13 – 06/15 A Levels: Geography (A), Philosophy and Ethics(A), Biology(A), English (A at AS)
09/11 – 06/13 GCSEs: 8A*, 3A, 2B
Writing, Research, and Analysis
07/17 Kosovo International Summer Academy 2018
• A course studying different topics on economics, politics, diplomacy, professional etiquette and protocol, leadership, peaceful conflict resolution, EU Integration process, international law, human rights, international justice, international security and the role of civil society in building peace. The course mostly consisted of interactive lectures with diplomats, high ranking officials, and representatives of civic society and prestigious local and international organisations
1/17-3/17 Undergraduate 5000-word project – Will egg freezing liberate women?
• Examined intersectional feminist politics to argue against the idea that egg freezing could ‘liberate’ women as a general statement.
10/16-01/17 Undergraduate 5000-word project – How do notions of privilege deepen our understanding of racism?
• Employed sociological theory and empirical evidence of the history of racism, with a strong focus on the United States policy concerning immigrants.
06/14-10/15 Secondary school 5500-word senior project (EPQ – AS Level equivalent)
• In an increasingly fractious social and political climate, this project analysed socio-economic benefits of immigration into the UK, particularly in London, as a financial, cultural and political centre.
• Campaigns Manager of the CUSU LGBT+ Campaign
• I organised, advertised for, and held workshops within the Exam Term Welfare Campaign in its inaugural year
• Pioneered Cambridge University’s renewed drive to improve accessibility into the arts
• I created the Cambridge University BME Theatre Group to create a safe space for minoritised students to share their art and access the creative opportunities that Cambridge has to offer
• I created, hosted, and marketed several inaugural events which focussed on BME talent in the arts with high profile societies such as the Footlights, CUADC, and CUMTS
• Directed performances of Macbeth and Fences
• Macbeth involved leading and managing over 30 cast and crew members
• Fences was historically Cambridge’s largest all-black cast, and required significant and prolonged advertising to cast, both online using social media, and in person
• For Macbeth I created a mock-up of the poster design, which was then realised by another student, while for Fences I conceived of and produced every element of publicity design including posters, flyers, and digital media
• I am currently on the St Catharine’s May Ball committee Design Team
• This involves both graphic design and physically building and setting up decorative and design elements of the ball
• I was previously LGBT+ representative of the CUSU BME campaign
• This involved reaching out to students in person and online and I relied heavily on my communication skills
• I have spoken at the Cambridge Union alongside industry professionals to discuss diversity in the arts locally and internationally
• I have also spoken in King’s College at a panel specifically discussing and altering the framework of arts access in Cambridge
• I performed in the Marlowe Arts Show: Romeo and Juliet at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, among other theatrical experiences
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|