I am currently studying Dentistry at the University of Manchester and I am able to teach biology/chemistry to A level standard as I have done these A levels as well as carried them on at University. I am able to teach medical sciences as part of my degree. In addition, I can teach history and essay writing for A level standard and I completed a history a level achieving 100% in my exams so I'm not only a science teacher. I like to use diagrams and visual tools to help get the point across. I feel I am very friendly and approachable and am able to help you not only in persons but online.
I have taught people in other areas such as sailing and in a mental health charity so I am aware of the skills of teaching and communicating to others. I give weekly seminars at university to about 80 people in a mental health charity teaching them about how to communicate with people so I feel I am aware as to how to address students and give them feedback.
Holly Regan Ridpath
During my time in education, work and through my other activities listed below I have learnt many techniques about how to focus and to communicate with people. I work well in a team and am extremely motivated and hardworking. My ambition is to become an oral surgeon and I am currently studying dentistry at the University of Manchester Dental School. My previous work has been mainly service based, giving me valuable communication skills. In addition, it gave me a real insight into being able to work in a high-pressure environment and still be able to provide the highest level of service. I am very active in a student mental health charity Nightline in which I am currently Head of Training for new volunteers. This gives me very helpful communication skills not only with a mental health aspect but also in delivering sessions for training. I also have experience in data input and analysis, which has given me the skills of detailed computer work and working in an office. I feel I could bring a friendly and positive attitude to any team that I work in.
• Head of training for volunteers at Mental health charity Nightline December 2016 – May 2017
• Studying Dentistry at University of Manchester Dental School September 2015
• A Level results: AAB (History, Chemistry and Biology) College of Richard Collyer August 2015
• AS results: ABBC (History, Biology, Chemistry, Maths) College of Richard Collyer August 2014
• GCSEs: 1 A*, 6As, 2Bs Farlington School August 2013
• Awarded VIVE – School prize for general excellent contribution to the school community
• Grade 6 speech and drama
• Bronze medal in the British Biology Olympiad March 2014
• Bronze and Silver Duke Of Edinburgh Award
• Level 3 ISA sailing award
Head of Training for mental health charity Nightline (December 2016-onwards)
• Organising external speakers and all the training sessions for 8 weeks
• Working as part of a committee and in a team to organize the training
• Leading the sessions in front of around 80 people to deliver seminars on aspects of volunteering for the phone line for 8 weeks
• Being a mentor for the trainers to keep them active and supported during the process
Trainer for mental health charity Nightline (September 2016 – December 2016)
• Using communication skills in both teaching a group of volunteers as well as teaching communication skills as part of the training
• Trained in helping people with mental health issues
• I trained a small group of people over an 8 week period to be able to follow principles and policies and to communicate with people with mental health issues on the phone as part of a phone service.
Volunteer for mental health charity Nightline (January 2016-present)
• Being trained for communicate with callers on a range of topics which include suicide, depression, eating disorders, LGBTQ issues, disability issues, rape and sexual assault etc.
• To be an active listener and have the skills to cope in difficult conversations
• Being an ambassador for the principles of Nightline
• Not only volunteering for the phone line (8pm to 8am) but also at various SU events such as Pangea (festival) where I was part of the safe space helping people in distress.
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemical physics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|