My teaching method is to create worksheets for the individual student and to embed basic knowledge and understanding from the start.
The levels i teach start from Entry Level up to Level 3 in either Certificate for IT Users or Diploma for IT Users (ITQ)
I have worked in Education for the last 17 years and am a Tutor at a Further Education College in North London where i teach IT to sighted and Visually Impaired Students.
Over the years i have taught hundreds of students to achieve their individual goals.
Name: Rosemary O’Sullivan
Date of Birth: 11/10/1961
Contact Number: (concealed information)4
E-mail address: (concealed information)
I am a flexible person seeking employment which will allow development, growth and make use of my existing skills.
I am a hardworking, honest individual. I am a good timekeeper, always willing to learn new skills. I am friendly, helpful and polite, have a good sense of humour. I am able to work independently in busy environments and also within a team setting. I am outgoing and tactful, and able to listen effectively when solving problems.
I feel I am very light hearted and rarely lose my temper; this factor enables me to work well with anyone.
• Accomplished in the use of computers to Level 3, ability to use computer systems including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Expression Wed.
• Innovative person with excellent customer service and administration skills.
• Specialist in supporting Visually Impaired adults/students Level 3
• Confident, highly articulate and a persuasive team –player.
• Dependable and reliable.
• Flexible to a changing environment and can learn new skills quickly.
First Aid at Work – Passed and Active
September 2015 – November 2015
Pre-Celta Grammar Course - Pass
February 2015 - April 2015:
Understanding Scrutiny in the Housing Service Level 2 (TPAS) - Pass
February 2015 – June 2015
Autism Training Level 2 - Pass
September 2012 – June 2014
Certificate in Education (CERT ED) - Graduated
Achieving my teaching qualification will allow me to continue teaching my specialist subject IT to Visually Impaired students and main stream students also.
September 2011 – June 2012
Certificate for IT Users Level 3 - Pass
September 2007 – June 2008
Supporting Learners with a Visual Impairment Level 3: Pass
I studied and achieved the above qualification for the following reason:
During the time with my present employer The College of North West London, I have had the opportunity to work in our specialist discreet area at our Wembley Park campus for Blind/Visually Impaired students since 2005 – present.
September 2006 – June 2007
Certificate for IT Users (ECDL Part 1): Merit
Visual Awareness Training (Action for Blind)
September 2001 – June 2002
Certificate for Literacy and Numeracy Support Assistant (CLANSA): Pass
I spent a year studying at BACES Adult Education Centre and achieved the above qualification to allow me the opportunity to gain the Knowledge and skills to support students in the classroom.
High School education: Sion Manning RC Girls School, St Charles Square, London
Sixth Form: Sion Manning RC Girls School, St Charles Square, London
September 1974 – June 1979
Religious Education: 2
Double Science: 2, 2
During the 6 years I spent at Sion Manning RC girl’s school I spent the latter two years as a prefect supporting younger students. This shows I work well as part of a group, and also that when faced with the opportunity I am able to develop good leadership skills. I was also a member of the schools netball team.
• Nov 2002 – Present Full Time – College of North West London – Learning Support assistant/Tutor/Visually Impaired Transcription - College of North West London - Teaching Visually Impaired students IT
• Sept 2000 – July 2002 – St Margaret Clitherow School Quainton Street, Part Time SMSA (School meals supervisory assistant)
• March 1997 – Jan 1999 - Marks and Spencer Brent Cross Cashier, Customer Service and all aspects of retail
• Sept 1993 – July 1996 Part Time night work – Marks and Spencer Brent Cross – Replenishing stock
• July 1988 – February 1993 Full Time - Mr Howards Menswear Company – PA/Accounts Assistant – included inspection and collating the accounts of 11 high street stores across the country, organising staff when needed.
• July 1979 – June 1988 Full Time - Barclays Bank PLC – Customer services, Cashier, admin, inputting data, head of direct debit/Standing order department
Volunteering: I am a member of a Resident involved Scrutiny Group at Stadium Housing. This involves investigating chosen arrears of the organisation and we investigate on ways the Customer Service can be improved.
Travel: I have travelled to many countries around the world over the years, visiting historic sites and meeting new people from many different cultures
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microsoft excel lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft word lessons for all!
Taking microsoft powerpoint lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||£85||£85||Not available|
|10 hours||£140||£140||Not available|