"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" is my approach towards science, as a student as well a teacher. I believe biology is not a subject that one should memorize. Rather I encourage my students to understand the logic and reasoning and often in a pictorial visual manner. I am happy to answer questions and enjoy especially the challenging ones. I am friendly and approachable.
I am pursuing a second and specialized masters in Cancer cell and molecular biology. I have done B.Sc and M.Sc in Life Sciences. I have won notable fellowships and awards. I was working as a research fellow before I signed up for this course. I have been teaching since my undergraduate days.
The tariffs might vary according to the student, module and distance.
Master of Science in Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology
School of biological sciences, University of Leicester, UK
Master of Science in Life Sciences
School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
Second division with a CGPA of 5.01 out of 9 (55%).
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Life Sciences
Department of Life Sciences, Presidency University, Kolkata, India.
First division with a CGPA of 8.23 out of 10 (78.00%).
Overall Band Score 8 out of 9
Project (February’19- present):
National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad, India
Supervisor: Dr Sonu Gandhi
Topic: Iron oxide nanoparticles-peptide complexes for imaging of urokinase activator plasminogen receptor (uPAR)in cancer diagnosis.
Dissertation Thesis (July’17- April’18)
School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Supervisor- Dr NeelimaMondal.
Topic: Study of the combinatorial effect of Doxorubicin and 8-Prenyl Naringenin on Cervical Cancer cell line.
Internship in cell and molecular biology (May-July’17)
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai. Supervisor-Prof. Krishanu Ray.
Topic: Understanding the hetero-dimerization properties of Kinesin-2.
Internship in Molecular Biology (June-July’15)
CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, New Delhi, India.
Supervisor: Dr Kausik Chakraborty
Topic: Molecular Biology techniques of molecular cloning, western blotting and study of unfolded protein response in mitochondria and ER.
National Symposium entitled “Modern trends in Biological Sciences” organized by The Physiological Institute, Presidency University, Kolkata held on February 2014.
National Symposium on “Molecules to System” at Department of Biological Sciences, Presidency University; 29th-31st January 2015.
AREAS OF INTEREST
● CANCER BIOLOGY
● MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND ACCOLADES:
● Recipient of the British Council India Scholarship 2019-20.
● Awarded Dr B. R. AmbedkarMedhaPuraskar in 2011 for meritorious performance in MadhyamikPariksha (Secondary exam).
● Awarded DST-INSPIRE Fellowship (2013-2018) for performance in Higher Secondary Exam (Percentile- 99.23).
● Awarded Indira Gandhi National Fellowship for Post-Graduate Studies (2016-2018).
● Fieldwork and Bachelor’s dissertation report in Kanha National Park and Pench Tiger Reserve in 2016 for over a one and a half week span.
● Fieldwork in Garchumuk Deer Park in 2015 as a part of the curriculum.
● Participated in “Basundhara Nature Study cum Conservation Awareness Camp” during 25th-29th December 2015 along with three classmates and represented the Department of Biological Sciences, Presidency University.
● Acted as Student representative at the Special Committee (All faculty members, external faculties and student representative) at School of Life Sciences, JNU, New Delhi (2016-2017).
● Volunteer in BHUMI. Teaching underprivileged kids in a shelter home in Loreto House, Kolkata.
English, Bengali, Hindi, German
Travelling solo is my passion and have an interest in photography. I took part in major cultural events in my school as a trained Indian classical dancer. I enjoy listening to music. In my spare time, I like to watch classics and read novels.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£122||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£245||£100|