I am George, a UK-based Physics postgraduate from Greece. I have completed a BSc Honours degree in Physics with Astrophysics at The University of Manchester (July 2015), followed by an MSc in Physics at Cardiff University (Sept. 2017).
I have always been into science (with Physics always being on top) as it helped me understand certain aspects of our everyday lives and nurture my inherent curiosity about different functions of our cosmos. Even though science as a whole is considered “not suited for everybody” (due to its certain complexity), the fun in it (and my personal aim as a scientist) is to understand and make (mental) connections between different subjects, using a number of simple examples.
During my years as a student (up to this very moment), I was asked many times by family and friends to assist in Physics & Maths (and sometimes Chemistry & Biology) for high school exercises and exams (in some cases, for University as well). For a short time before serving my military duty in Greece (2015), I was providing private (1-to-1) Physics & Mathematics assistance sessions to senior high school students. In many occasions, I was entrusted to proof-read a number of different documents (applications, reports, dissertations etc.) for courses unrelated to Physics, getting excellent feedback, mainly due to my passion for organization, my writing skills and my desire to achieve the best result. Consequently, I used those opportunities to build on a helping/tutoring attitude, which I find useful in conveying the spirit of science to those struggling.
Sessions can be tailored to the needs and the knowledge of the individual applicant. Examples and books/ internet resources could integrate the theoretical part of the topic you want to cover. Most importantly, ALWAYS feel free to ask questions, no matter how silly or unimportant they sound in your head! Teaching you is a part of my learning process after all!
GCSE, A-Level: 15 GBP/h
Undergraduate, Postgraduate: 20 GBP/h
- First lesson free for everyone!!
- BSc (Hons) Physics w/Astrophysics (The University of Manchester)
- MSc Physics (Cardiff University)
- Postgraduate Student Ambassador (Cardiff University, School of Physics & Astronomy) (2016 - 2017)
- UCAS Student Ambassador (The University of Manchester, School of Physics & Astronomy) (2013 - 2015)
- Physics & Mathematics Private Tutor, Greece (2015)
POSTS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Student Representative for MSc Physics Students (Cardiff University, School of Physics & Astronomy) (2016 - 2017)
- Several office positions during the military duty, Greece (2015 - 2016)
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- PricewaterhouseCoopers 2012 Student Awards: Honorary award for the Foundation Year (2011 - 2012) project "Wave - Particle Duality & The Photoelectric Effect".
- 1st class BSc dissertation on Neutrino Physics research programmes.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics lessons for all!
Taking quantum physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|