I understand that the process of learning can be stressful and I aim to make sure my students find the learning process as comfortable and fun as possible.
For maths lessons, I will ask the student to specify what area of maths they would like to focus on the most (GCSE exam preparation, integrals, complex algebra, etc).
I like to spend part of my first lesson learning what a student would like best out of my time with them, which might be something more practical like studying/exam techniques or going over the topics they find the most difficult.
For further lessons, I start each topic with an explanation, an example, and then practice questions for the student. I also add occasional pop quizzes at the end of a topic to bring together all their learning.
I am a third-year Cardiff University student studying Mathematics and Music. I am studying complex and real analysis, game theory, fourier analysis and linear algebra.
I have always been drawn to teaching and believe it is a very rewarding experience for both the teacher and the student. I have tutored maths to around 30 school children both online and in-person, working for Kip McGrath in 2018 and My Tutor since 2021. I have also passed the A-Level tutoring test for Go Student Tutoring.
I have also been accepted onto a 2-year Mathematics PGDE course with Teach First after I graduate in 2022.
Online Mathematics Tutor
02/2021 – Current
Tutoring schoolchildren (KS3 to GCSE) over virtual learning space.
• One to one and one to many tutoring up to GCSE level
• Navigating online tutoring and virtual learning tools
• Reporting back to teachers student’s week to week progress
English and Mathematics Tutor
Kip McGrath Tutoring
06/2018 – 09/2018
Tutoring schoolchildren (KS1 to GCSE) in Mathematics and English, with the goal of building confidence.
• One to many tutoring up to GCSE level
• Marking schoolwork, giving feedback on mistakes and resolving misconceptions
• Creating a welcoming space to enable learning
• Create reports on achievements, future goals, and next steps
• BA Honours Mathematics and Music Joint Degree at Cardiff University (on track for 2:1)
• A Levels (Maths, Music, Latin) BBB Loreto College 2018
• GCSEs 1 A* 10 As Loreto College 2016
Ailís has a genuine knack for balancing the needs of student across all ability levels in groups and manages to see to the heart of what is preventing someone from understanding a given topic.
She always has resources to help work through an issue and can approach a problem from multiple angles to find a best fit for students.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|